How Led Zeppelin is better than AC DC

Hi, my friend thinks that AC DC is better than Led Zeppelin and i think that he ver wrong. Both are great bands but I don't think that AC DC is evem close to being better than Led Zeppelin. Time and time again, I have tried to prove him wrong but he still has not changed his opinion. In order to finallly settle this, I hve told him that I will have a list of facts on why Led Zeppelin is better. This list could have anything from sales figures, polls, influence and other factors. Please help me in this part. Thank you in advance, God bless and Led Zeppelin forever!

Hi, my friend thinks that AC DC is better than Led Zeppelin and i think that he ver wrong. Both are great bands but I don't think that AC DC is evem close to being better than Led Zeppelin. Time and time again, I have tried to prove him wrong but he still has not changed his opinion. In order to finallly settle this, I hve told him that I will have a list of facts on why Led Zeppelin is better. This list could have anything from sales figures, polls, influence and other factors. Please help me in this part. Thank you in advance, God bless and Led Zeppelin forever!

Led Zeppelin much more diverse and eclectic throughout their career

AC/DC never has or never will deviate from their simple riff and chord structure,and Zeppelin were no slouches with regards to that type of music either

They do share a common fan base to some extent among those fans that like their music exclusively loud but their music is totally different.

Zeppelin much more influential and time-tested,and arguably the most influential artist post-Beatles i

Edited by euro

You posted this thread yesterday, lots of people replied, and now it's disappeared. :huh: Maybe some of the replies were in purple.

Anyway, I'll say again briefly what I said then--people have different tastes, and you can't change that by producing "facts" about record sales, etc. Let him like AC/DC.

I love both bands. I think that they are both different tastes. I think that AcDc are Cheeseburgers and Fries with Coke. Led Zep are gourmet meal with Red/White wine.

To do an objective take on both bands, we need to look at the band members.

AcDc Bon Scott, has a voice of a criminal mastermind. He is more bad boy than Robert Plant. He is like a storyteller that sings. He has a lot of attitude, but he can't really do any vocal gymnastics.

AcDc Brian Johnson sound like a wearwolf. He sound like he is howling away, but he can't sustain his vocal bar.

Angus Young is like Chuck Berry on Crack or being electricuted. He has a lot of adenaline in his riffs and lead solos. I can feel everyone of his licks. He has a real great sense of playing his lines great. Its almost like he is a great actor with cool lines. Every single solo from Angus young fits well.

Malcom Young is like his brother except that he stays on point with his riffs that just bash you in the head.

The Drummer and Basist just stay on course and have great rhythem. They are steady and strong and don't do anything fancy.

On to Zep.

Jimmy Page is a great guitarist. He is versatyle and he can twist his guitar inside out. He also makes his guitar like a magic wand.

Robert Plant vocals are mystical, he can stretch his vocals and his lyrics have great feel to them.

JPJ is a versatyle player with a great sense of funk and soul in his playing in a understated way.

Bonzo is a Gorilla on the hunt and can make his drums sound like a tribal warriors ready to battle.

In my assesment. AcDc rocks hard all the time, but they have less great songs as a whole. Zep has better songs, but they don't have to go crazy and nuts like AcDc.

Its hard to say who is the best. If you want veraiety then its Zep. If you want non stop adenalin then its AcDc. If they were both movies. Then Zep is Lord of the Rings. AcDc is Crank.

Mc7

I love both bands. I think that they are both different tastes. I think that AcDc are Cheeseburgers and Fries with Coke. Led Zep are gourmet meal with Red/White wine.

To do an objective take on both bands, we need to look at the band members.

AcDc Bon Scott, has a voice of a criminal mastermind. He is more bad boy than Robert Plant. He is like a storyteller that sings. He has a lot of attitude, but he can't really do any vocal gymnastics.

AcDc Brian Johnson sound like a wearwolf. He sound like he is howling away, but he can't sustain his vocal bar.

Angus Young is like Chuck Berry on Crack or being electricuted. He has a lot of adenaline in his riffs and lead solos. I can feel everyone of his licks. He has a real great sense of playing his lines great. Its almost like he is a great actor with cool lines. Every single solo from Angus young fits well.

Malcom Young is like his brother except that he stays on point with his riffs that just bash you in the head.

The Drummer and Basist just stay on course and have great rhythem. They are steady and strong and don't do anything fancy.

On to Zep.

Jimmy Page is a great guitarist. He is versatyle and he can twist his guitar inside out. He also makes his guitar like a magic wand.

Robert Plant vocals are mystical, he can stretch his vocals and his lyrics have great feel to them.

JPJ is a versatyle player with a great sense of funk and soul in his playing in a understated way.

Bonzo is a Gorilla on the hunt and can make his drums sound like a tribal warriors ready to battle.

In my assesment. AcDc rocks hard all the time, but they have less great songs as a whole. Zep has better songs, but they don't have to go crazy and nuts like AcDc.

Its hard to say who is the best. If you want veraiety then its Zep. If you want non stop adenalin then its AcDc. If they were both movies. Then Zep is Lord of the Rings. AcDc is Crank.

Mc7

Good assessment. Also:

If you want to see a live act: AC/DC

If you want the best act on DVD: LZ

Exactly - not to mention taste is subjective. What I think is great someone else may not. Doesn't mean I'm right or wrong.

Yep, it's impossible to place "worth" on music, the value is to be determined by the listener and everyone appreciates different things.

Excellent analysis on both bands there "McSeven". Both bands are great. Zep is #1 with, while ACDC is #5. If you want "balls-out" rock and roll.... stick with ACDC. If you want emotional, uplifting and a more diverse muscial experience... then Zep will do. Deciding which is better , depends on personal musical taste and the mood one is in.

Count me in with the group that says music taste is subjective. You can't force people into changing their mind about a band by throwing sales figures and fan testimonials at them. All you're going to end up doing is making them dig their heels in further.

Also, this thread was started already and deleted by one of the mods (I'm assuming), so why start it again?

Led Zeppelin much more diverse and eclectic throughout their career

AC/DC never has or never will deviate from their simple riff and chord structure,and Zeppelin were no slouches with regards to that type of music either

They do share a common fan base to some extent among those fans that like their music exclusively loud but their music is totally different.

Zeppelin much more influential and time-tested,and arguably the most influential artist post-Beatles i

acdc uses the same chords and isnt as diverse

• 3 weeks later...

I like both bands but, I will say that Led Zeppelin is more of a different band.

It is true that AC/DC has a more basic beat and guitar structure but they have there moment's.

Ever heard the import of TNT or the early live stuff? I've got'm and they are really good! I'd rate them up there with any of Led Zeppelin's normal (if you can find any) Blues track's.

I can't show favorite's here, there is so much from that time frame that is so good.

Bonzolikedrumer

I spell it like that because I like it that way.

My take on both bands is that AcDc is pure Rock and Roll.

Led Zeppelin is more Rock and Soul.

AcDc is like a Drag Race or Nascar.

LZ is Formula 1 Racing.

As I have said before. If you want pure adenalin. Then listen to AcDc. If you want more variety and moods and want to feel that you have gone on a Journey, then Zep is your best bet.

Mc7

Short version:

AC/DC is a one trick pony. It just happens so that Led Zeppelin not only have that trick in their repertoire (among thousands of others), they are better at it.

Edited by nki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

realized my ignorance in posting such a subjective and opinionated topic. sorry everyone! on the bright side, our agruements have helped him like Zeppelin more.

:lol:

I didn't participate in this thread but I will say, thanks for posting it. This forum is open to discussion on many subjects. Hope your not discouraged !

FWIW, I think AC/DC is a great R&R band and have put on some of the best live show's I've ever seen :o . Love Zeppelin first though :lol: