How Led Zeppelin is better than AC DC

This is my opinion on this very debatle topic: (and I will try and make it fairly brief).

Led Zeppelin is the more "legendary" and "influential" rock and roll band. That seems to speak for itself (myself).

AC/DC ranks up there in popularity and fan dedication, but (in my opinion) no where near the level that Led Zeppelin achieved. I do believe that AC/DC is one of the best of the hundreds of rock and roll bands that is a product of the "influence" that Led Zeppelin began (Rush being another great band that LZ influenced). They and a few others that followed in the shadow of the "mighty Led Zeppelin" actually made a heavy impact on Rock and Roll history.

I have read in numerous articles that say that Angus Young and the rest of AC/DC were heavily influenced by the music of Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin. I do believe that Angus and Malcom Young were witnesses to Led Zeppelin when LZ toured Australia in 1972 (of course I was not there, but this comes from the man, Angus Young himself).

Any questions?

You cannot say one is better than the other, ACDC are pure Rock n Roll whereas Zeppelin are a mixture of Rock, blues rock, pop rock ect. And as said above it depends on your tatse, they are different, I mean Zepp's my favourite band but I don't go around saying PF are worse then Zepp becuase they are different, and so are our tastes, just because you like a band so much doesn't mean to say others aren't as good.

I better stop before I go round in circles :lol:

I also think that they are both great bands. But as all songs of Led Zeppelin have another character it´s obvious that they are the better band. They have agressive songs and slow songs. They make you think about thinks.

AcDc is just agressive (great music when you´re on the road)

• 10 years later...

I would refute the general consensus toward Led Zep - - I think actually AC/DC is a stranger, odder group, and the songs, though deceptively simple, are actually extraordinary and possibly underrated here, dismissed as one-dimensional. You can actually be a fan of blues music and really get AC/DC. To me, Led Zep is too much of a traditional rock group from the '60s, wheres AC/DC emerged in some magical way from the natural world of Australia.