Food

zoso13zeppelin

We went to the store this evening to get the last of the ingredients for Thanksgiving. I convinced my mom NOT to make sweet potatoes this year since they're god-awful.

oh man, i really HATE sweet potatoes. we have had them every year as well...thankfully, theyre provided by my uncle's parents, who wont be with us this thanksgiving! :cheer: (im going to colorado, not staying here)

I can't stand them. I've tried them and just didn't care for them. She is buying a small dish of sweet potatoes for my dad and my sister, since they like them. She just won't be making a ton like she usually does. I'm hoping she'll make the cherry salad she usually makes. *runs to ask*

I can't stand them. I've tried them and just didn't care for them. She is buying a small dish of sweet potatoes for my dad and my sister, since they like them. She just won't be making a ton like she usually does. I'm hoping she'll make the cherry salad she usually makes. *runs to ask*

cherry salad...hm...never heard of it. whats in it? (other than cherries, obviously :lol:)

cherry salad...hm...never heard of it. whats in it? (other than cherries, obviously :lol: )

OMG IT'S SO GOOD! It's my grandmother's recipe, my grandfather loved it. It's cherries, diced pineapple (minus the juice), marshmallows, cream cheese and whipped cream. You mix it all together and put it in a giant baking dish (just for serving it, you don't cook it). I guess it would be similar to ambrosia, if anyone has heard of that.

OMG IT'S SO GOOD! It's my grandmother's recipe, my grandfather loved it. It's cherries, diced pineapple (minus the juice), marshmallows, cream cheese and whipped cream. You mix it all together and put it in a giant baking dish (just for serving it, you don't cook it). I guess it would be similar to ambrosia, if anyone has heard of that.

that sounds pretty good! im not sure what i'd think of the marshmallows...but it sounds generally good :thumbsup:

Archived