2009 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony

THE FIRST LEDZEP

I see it like this.... 100 years from now..... NO ONE will be talking about or listening to Metallica, or Madonna.....

But, a 100 years from now, Led Zeppelin will be one of those bands that will be listened to.

I just don't think that Madonna or Metallica can live on without the hype they, and the Media generate while they are alive. They are not Hendrix or Janis Joplin.....

That sums it up for me... :)

Zeppelin is about the Music.... and not about Hype.

You are wrong. Metallica, as much as they suck, helped define metal. And Metal will be a passing phase.

Metallica was the beginning of speed metal. I would think that any artist who starts a new direction from an already existing style, like morphing metal into speedmetal should and would be acknowledged.

However Alice Cooper is the King of Shock Rock and he still isn't in. He truly took what was there and made something different of it and look how many followed his lead.

Jimmy Page and Steven Tyler sitting at the same table B)

Didn't see Steve Tyler anywhere but I did see Joe Perry.

Metal a "passing phase"? It's only been around since what, the late 60s? I don't think it's going anywhere.

I don't get Fuse here but just happened to see the link to watch the induction ceremonies online posted in another thread so I tuned in just in time to see part of Beck's performance (though I missed The Immigrant Song). Loved the jam at the end on Train Kept A' Rollin'. Looked like they all turned to Page towards the end to take a solo but he didn't. I didn't see it all tonight but I'm glad they stopped the practice of having other bands play songs in honor of the inductees like they did for a year or two.

It sure was :D

Absolutely. I've never watched a R & R Hall of Fame Ceremony before, but this sure was a nice way to start a sunday! :D And yes, do go see Metallica live If you have a chance and like their music at all. (I have most of their albums, but never manage to attend their concerts. Ooh the regret :slapface:. )

Metal a "passing phase"? It's only been around since what, the late 60s? I don't think it's going anywhere.

I don't get Fuse here but just happened to see the link to watch the induction ceremonies online posted in another thread so I tuned in just in time to see part of Beck's performance (though I missed The Immigrant Song). Loved the jam at the end on Train Kept A' Rollin'. Looked like they all turned to Page towards the end to take a solo but he didn't. I didn't see it all tonight but I'm glad they stopped the practice of having other bands play songs in honor of the inductees like they did for a year or two.

Even if Jimmy refused to get down in the limelight..... He's still The KING !

And everyone on that stage knows it ! :)

At one point during the all Star jam, someone hugged Jimmy from behind.

Hated the first Metallica song.... but.... they Nailed Sandman !

It was Jeff's night and Jimmy showed his class, nothing or no-one was gonna take it away from him because his mate had his back!

It was Joe Perry

hmm I thought he was being helped with his strap or something like that, but it happened quickly and I was without my contacts so...anyway, I'm not a Metallica fan but they're very tight live, have to hand it to them. And yes, Pagey reigns!

hmm I thought he was being helped with his strap or something like that, but it happened quickly and I was without my contacts so...anyway, I'm not a Metallica fan but they're very tight live, have to hand it to them. And yes, Pagey reigns!

Well, I was watching it on a computer stream... so you're probably right about the strap. :)

Absolutely. I've never watched a R & R Hall of Fame Ceremony before, but this sure was a nice way to start a sunday! :D And yes, do go see Metallica live If you have a chance and like their music at all. (I have most of their albums, but never manage to attend their concerts. Ooh the regret :slapface:. )

I've watched a few once they started airing them on television.

After you bud :rolleyes:

I'll bet your mother would be ashamed if this comment.

Should read "OF" this comment

Learn the vocabulary

---------------------------------------

No she would wonder why I guy or gal for no reason

would start trash posting when the thread is about

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony, Any Thoughts......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And some poster who calls itself wanna be drummer

starts posting nonsense that has nothing to do with the

topic against her son or daughter who has never heard of

or posted with the wanna be drummer which is cool,

there's are many posters....

ah anyway............your worthless to this board. B)

Archived