The Peter Green Thread

MS1

Cool YouTube Klu.

The Biography Channel just (sometime last week) showed the Fleetwood Mac bio, great! They are showing rock-n-roll stars this month. I've seen all of them, but watch them over and over still. The Doors were on last week too.

68-72 were some of the GREATEST years in rock! IMHO :)

Fleetwood were awesome always, again, in my opine.

Mick never gave up.

Fleetwood Mac before the two annoying girls was godly. Peter Green was amazing. I actually had never heard Green's Mac until I started listening to Judas Priest and I heard their cover of the Green Manalishi. I then went out of my way to find some early Mac and I found Live at Boston, which is a superb live cd in my opinion.

• 1 year later...
I can take or leave Stevie Nicks era Fleetwood Mac (though I think Lindsay Buckingham is very talented) but I LOVE Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac! Jimmy has sited The Mac as an influence, and I think there's plenty to inspire a Zep fan Green's work.

Here are some vids - more to come!

Rattlesnake Shake

Oh Well

A lot of people have pointed out the similarities between Oh Well and Black Dog, see what you think . . .

:hippy:

How's it going "Magic Sam" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? At last, I found this thread. If you read my FLEETWOOD MAC thread, Peter Green may have been solely responsible for the Hard Rock Blues sound that he started with JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS in 1967. That sound would later rub off on Carlos Santana and Mick Taylor forever thus taking Green's sound to a higher level as evident with SANTANA'S rendition of Green's immortal classic anthem "Black Magic Woman" and Taylor's powerful Hard Rock Blues sound that he would bring into THE ROLLING STONES in 1969. Peter Green never received the recognition that he truly deserved until the late 1990's when Snapper Music Inc. released the long awaited three-part CD series of FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE BOSTON TEA PARTY recorded on 5, 6 & 7 February 1970. The reason for this is because with the departure and resignation of Peter Green from FLEETWOOD MAC, just two weeks after the Boston Tea Party shows, the plans for a live FLEETWOOD MAC album (The Boston Tea Party shows) were shelved indefinitely where they remained for two decades. As time went on, any accomplishments and achievements that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC contributed in the Rock n' Roll world from 1967-1970, would soon be greatly overshadowed by the new FLEETWOOD MAC line-up of the 1970's consisting of Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood that the whole world would soon be accustomed to. This new line-up would move on to recording the band's masterpiece landmark album RUMOURS which would result in taking the band to higher levels and boundaries unimagined. Despite all of the accomplishments and achievements that the new FLEETWOOD MAC has contributed in the Rock n' Roll world thus resulting in leaving their mark in Rock n' Roll history, the accomplishments and achievements that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC contributed in the Rock n' Roll world can never be denied. When you think about it, PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC from Rock's glorious past, would unknowingly lay down the foundations and musical roots that would soon evolve into the new FLEETWOOD MAC of today. ROCK ON!

• 7 years later...
  • I`d state I adore peter green`s Fleetwood mac but I also enjoy all the line-ups of mac, I even have a passion for peter`s solo albums he`s sure is a genius of a guitarist there are only five other guitarist whom stand tall with Greeny these are Eric, Jeff, Jimmy, Rory and Jimi.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Strider said:

Any live footage of Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac is priceless but this clip from ABC's "Playboy After Dark" shows what a culture clash television could be in the 1960s - 1970s

Blimey, so phony looking, and that "Norbert" sucking his thumb....

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...