Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
zepp169

How many serious Zep fans do you know?

I don't know anyone passionate like me, at least among my peers. ... It was certainly a passionate my older friend who lived downstairs when I was more or less 15 years .. I discovered LZ thanks to him do you know how? Hearing them out loud with his stereo biggrin.gif !!!!! Now I don't know where he is, but certainly he is a fan!! Unfortunately I know many people who know them, for example my older brother, however superficially, I mean only their hits, just their hard rock side, not their beautiful blues, their acoustic side ... .. I listen everyday to lots of music, But I feel the need, not all day but almost, to hear them. ... especially "Rock and Roll" the piece I'm most fond of. ...

I've got a few uncles (maybe 4), 2 guys I work with, my dad, and my girlfriend.

I dont know if any of them like Zep as much as I do. But I guess my uncle who's the drummer (because of Bonham) is the closest.

Hmm, well as far as "Hardcore" fans I would say the only people I know in real life would be me and my brother, LOL! That's basically the main reason I came here so I could connect with the hardcore Zepp fans! My dad is a casual fan and likes some songs here and there, but that's about it.

I grew up surrounded by Led Heads too way back in the day. Everyone I knew was a serious Zeppelin fan. Unfortunately I've lost touch with most over the decades except for one life long friend who defines "hardcore". He owns everything, literally. Every original LP, every CD issue he can get his hands on (American, British, Japanese, German, whatever), countless boots of live shows and studio outtakes, every video know to Zeppelin land both retail released or bootlegged (VHS, Beta, DVD, doesn't matter the format type, he can play it). He's got an entire room in his house filled with Zeppelin. His wife never quite understood it and neither did his kids who grew up with it surrounding them.

I tell him he's insane. He tells me he just "likes what he likes". Forty years on and I've never met anyone like this in my life. I can't imagine I ever will either. He's my bud and I hope he lives forever.

Edited by dazedcat

A few.

I was really turned on to the sights and sounds Robert during High school. I remember one kid who was obsessed with LZ, even was trying to grow a golden man (tried).

I think it was really my hubby who got me into them. Oddly enough Aerosmith and the Beatles are his favorites, followed by LZ.

But my hubby has a buddy who it totally nuts over anything LZ or related.

None really. I know some people who are just casual listeners, there was a kid in my high school who seemed to be a pretty big fan but none of my friends are as die hard as I am.

I feel bummed because I don't know a lot of people who really dig Led Zeppelin! They are my favorite band. One of my favorite things to do is just kick back and watch their live footage. I drive to Led, work out to Led, and sleep to Led. They are that awesome. but you already know that. :D

So how many of you have awesome friends who share your love for the band?

Seriously, I think we must be hanging out with the same crowd. I only know of one of my co-workers that actually knows who Led Zeppelin is. It's pitiful. And I work with quite a few people on a daily basis. What is the world coming to? Oh and another thing, where I work they play music all the time but when STH comes on, they don't play the last part. Are you kidding me? It makes me so mad. :angry:

These days, very few of the old gang are still into the band. Not like the old days when we'd spend hours listening and learning how to play Zep. As was always the case, I'm still the odd ball of the bunch tongue.gif

My kids think I'm crazy :lol:

Hi Ally,

You? Odd Ball? Never!

"Your Kids think you're Crazy?" Beat them some more then mate :buttsmack:!!! :lol:

In all my days i was and still am the only True Serious Zepp Fan i have ever known personally, all my friends, under pain of death, had to like, admire, adore, call it what you will, Led Zeppelin, but they all had other bands they liked better.

So here (LZ.com) i ended up, friendless, a real "Dannynomates" if ever there was one. :lol:

Still i wouldn't change a thing, and i still drink "Tea For One" every night. :)

Very Kind Regards, Danny

i no 1 a guy i used to work with, he's 65 and was into them as he grew up......

see them live all over the place, i owe him alot as he suggested i give Led Zeppelin I a listen and lent it me for a nite,

i loved it and went and bought it......

Just ONE, my guitar teacher.

He teaches a Zep class.

Wow!! Zep class???

What the programa is? How the kids respond to that? Whose was the idea? I would love some details!

Wow!! Zep class???

What the programa is? How the kids respond to that? Whose was the idea? I would love some details!

It is at the New York City Guitar School. I haven't taken this class yet, it is not offered all the time as he is the only one who teaches it. But he teaches it to adults as an elective. The kids program is diverse and I suppose when the kid turns 18 they can join the class if they wish. However, many of the kids know LZ songs are ready and at the shows, they play them, and very well. :)

It is an advanced class so they learn several songs, I'm not sure which ones, but I know Stairway is on the list. And I think Going to Calif.

Me and him talk about the songs in general and he mentioned it was a challenge to play Page solos. LOL!