Toby Keith Gets His Ass Handed To Him By Kris Kristofferson

Jahfin

According to the Rolling Stone article, after Keith walked off Kris Kristofferson turned to Ethan Hawke and said, "You know what Waylon Jennings said about guys like him? They're doin' to country music what pantyhose did to finger-fuckin'."

Then, there's these two updates since news of the backstage confrontation first broke:

Toby Keith Says Report of Exchange With Kris Kristofferson Is "100 Percent Fiction"

Saturday Evening, Update On Kristofferson Rolling Stone Piece

Pff, way to throw a hissy fit and prove you deserved those remarks, whether or not Kristofferson actually said them. Ego cleanup on aisle 4!

I'm far from a Toby Keith fan but it was cool to see him poking fun at himself on Colbert's Christmas special last year. At least it showed he has a sense of humor at the public's perception of him.

From Steve Cooper of the Tennessean:

Though it was Hawke who wrote the piece, Hawke wasn’t in the room to bear the brunt of Keith’s furor.

“I’m really having a tough time. I’m struggling with you even being here in the room,” he growled. “Ethan Hawke reported a fictitious story about me, Kris and Willie Nelson, from 2003. You ran with it and took it to a (expletive) super-sized French fries.”

While it’s difficult to believe that a Tennessean celebrity item took a multi-page Rolling Stone spread to the next level – and in fact many people in the press room had no idea what Keith was talking about – we are running a piece in Monday’s paper explaining that Kristofferson and Keith say that they never had a confrontation.

“I don’t even know Ethan Hawke,” Keith said. “He wanted to do some kind of superficial Rolling Stone article. He did everything he could to make this the greatest story in Rolling Stone. And it was a fictitious lie. He didn’t even call me by my name. He called Norah Jones, Ray Charles, everybody else by name. Why didn’t he say, ‘Toby Keith?”

I don’t know, why?

“He didn’t want to deal with the aftermath. He thought he could dance around and say it was whoever it was. Guess what, it ain’t. It’s me.”

The Tennessean piece noticed that, too, which is why I thought it was silly that Hawke had given such obvious clues as to Keith’s identity. I went so far as to say, “Might the name of this ‘unnamed artist’ rhyme with ‘Moby Teeth?’”

“Moby Teeth? You think that was funny?” he asked Sunday night.

Uh, not anymore.

KG Editorial: I cannot for the life of me figure out why Beverly Keel gave up this job. Nothing like flying to Vegas to do your job only to be confronted by an angry Moby Teeth. I would do it for free. LOL

I'm far from a Toby Keith fan but it was cool to see him poking fun at himself on Colbert's Christmas special last year. At least it showed he has a sense of humor at the public's perception of him.

Oh yeah? I'll have to watch that. Good, I'm glad he's not like that all the time! I don't mind some of his songs, actually (I Wanna Talk About Me is NOT one of them...8 years later that song still gets me riled up every time I think about it, lol), but man, he can be a little much sometimes.

Archived