Athletic Zeppelin

led_zep_girl_92

I know Jimmy liked to swim and Robert played football, but what other sports do they liked? And what about JPJ and Bonzo?

Jimmy liked to swim? At Bonzo's 25th birthday he said he could not swim, maybe he learnt later? He once said he liked cycling.

Robert playes football and tennis(good friend with McEnroe) and likes riding.

Not sure about JPJ but Bonzo loved driving.

Jimmy liked to swim? At Bonzo's 25th birthday he said he could not swim, maybe he learnt later? He once said he liked cycling.

Robert playes football and tennis(good friend with McEnroe) and likes riding.

Not sure about JPJ but Bonzo loved driving.

News to me, too.

As far as I recollect, Jimmy was a rather good hurdler at school, so I imagine he enjoyed it.

Robert loves football, I don't know whether he still plays but he is still an ardent fan of Wolves FC. Here's an article from the Sunday Mercury where Robert says how his devotion nearly ruined his marriage! Article

He is also a regular tennis player, as stated in a previous post.

John is famously known as saying "football is a load of bollocks" :D

His passion was motorcross. He was a huge spectator fan of the sport, which is how Jason got involved and was highly successful at it(coming second one year in the British Championship as a junior).

His passion was motorcross. He was a huge spectator fan of the sport, which is how Jason got involved and was highly successful at it(coming second one year in the British Championship as a junior).

Weeh, that is cool.

Robert loves football, I don't know whether he still plays but he is still an ardent fan of Wolves FC. Here's an article from the Sunday Mercury where Robert says how his devotion nearly ruined his marriage! Article

He is also a regular tennis player, as stated in a previous post.

Bonzo hated it. You can hear what he has to say in the Earl's Court 5/25/75 soundboard.

Jason...coming second one year in the British Championship as a junior.

Yes, that was in 1980 when he was a factory rider for Kawasaki.

Many years later he participated in "Soundtrack for Supercross '96 Mini Tour", which

consisted of Jason doing demonstration riding followed by his band playing at the pit

party at each event. Dates included Astrodome in Houston (3/16/96), Dallas (3/23/96),

and Tampa (4/6/96). Coincidentally, it began to rain (after the third song) in Tampa, as

it had for Led Zeppelin in '77. Jason had attended that Zep gig and had the realization of how big a star his father was at the time. It's interesting when life comes full circle.

• 4 weeks later...
I know Jimmy liked to swim and Robert played football, but what other sports do they liked? And what about JPJ and Bonzo?

JPJ big-game fisherman; marlins, sharks, barracuda, etc.

Once wrestled an alligator on the '73 tour. Percy mentions something about it in "Royal Orleans."

:tomato:

Just joking ...

I honestly don't know what sports Jimmy would have played. I know he was in hurtling as a young kid. I always thought hurling (Ireland's national sport) would be his thing but I guess not.

Wasn't he a bit too skinny and fragile for hurling? :unsure:

I remember reading that Blackmore was good at sports especially javelin. :o

I honestly don't know what sports Jimmy would have played. I know he was in hurtling as a young kid.

Do you mean hurdling? Most kids are kind of into hurtling!

I always thought hurling (Ireland's national sport) would be his thing but I guess not.

Any particular reason why? :huh:

Ahhh...that's great. Plant in tennis attire. He pulls it off somehow. I wonder how good he was because he seems(ed) to play a lot. I guess you ARE allowed to be amazing at more than just one thing. :D

Wasn't he a bit too skinny and fragile for hurling? :unsure:

I remember reading that Blackmore was good at sports especially javelin. :o

:slapface:

HurDling. Sprinting. Jumping over fences while running. I'm a slip of a girl and I managed it at school, I'm sure Jimmy (a tall man) didn't fail entirely... he was slight but not always bulemic looking.

:slapface:

HurDling. Sprinting. Jumping over fences while running. I'm a slip of a girl and I managed it at school, I'm sure Jimmy (a tall man) didn't fail entirely... he was slight but not always bulemic looking.

Miss, I KNOW he did hurdling.

Read it more carefully please, I was answering someone else who suggested hurling.

I honestly don't know what sports Jimmy would have played. I know he was in hurtling as a young kid. I always thought hurling (Ireland's national sport) would be his thing but I guess not.

Archived