Certain line in "All my Love"

Absent

The word Aryan, even if used by Hitler to refer to the pure race, its historical root goes back to ancient India.

This might give you a very different perspective, I think.

Wow, I never knew that, thanks glicine! Too bad Hitler used the word for other reasons, therefore making it negative. :thumbdown:

Wow, I never knew that, thanks glicine! Too bad Hitler used the word for other reasons, therefore making it negative. :thumbdown:

You are welcome.

Yeah that's true. Hitler himself was interested in occult stuff as well and he took the swastika, and that caused a lot of peole's distaste of a symbol which originally means a lot of things but evil.

But then again, Hitler loved painting, I don't see people call painting as something evil.

Yes, Aryan is the perfect race.

I've heard the lyrics to be "Aryan" "Arianne" and I percieve it sometimes as "Arianwyn".

So I don't know, exactly.

If "Arianne" "Arianwyn" or "Arienne", used as a name, the name means. "white/ Holy silver"

Edited by austinzeppelin68

• 10 years later...

It's a deeply personal song about Robert coming to terms with his child's untimely death. The concept is that divine beings weave the reality of human life like a tapestry of threads, and that even when a thread seems to go nowhere there may yet be a deeper meaning to the story of human life. One can see how any life, even one made cruelly short by fate, is still significant and present because it is part of the tapestry and has as such has some meaning in it. 

Ariane is the French form of the Greek name Ariadne, who saves Theseus by giving him a ball of thread so he could go into the labyrinth, slay the Minotaur and find his way back out. Ariane's thread leads through the maze and out of it. Plant sees himself lost in the maze (or tapestry) because he can't see where the thread of his sons life has lead, cut off as it seems to be before its time, but if only he could have a word from the proud Ariane that his son's thread is really part of the tapestry, he would have the faith to accept that while he has no answer to his grief, that an answer is there somewhere, and that his son's life was more than a feather in the wind. Ariane's thread is also a term in logic that refers to a certain way of figuring out puzzles by thinking through every possibility.

If you review the lyrics carefully you will see that weaving and threads are an integral part of the imagery. Glicine had raised a good point about Karac's Indian heritage as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I know the last posting was 10 years ago, but I have to comment because I can't believe that this song line was interpreted so poorly. 

I have seen the lyrics spelled with the name Arianne, but I have not seen it spelled with the word Aryan. Arianne is the french spelling for Ariadne or Aryadne which maybe someone mistakes it for Aryan.  Ariadne is derived from the greek roots "ari" (very) and "adnos" (holy) and means "very holy one". It is a name from Greek mythology given to King Minos' daughter; who gave a thread to Theseus and enabled him to escape from the labyrinth. Hense, the reference to a thread in the song.

• 2 years later...
On 12/7/2019 at 12:44 AM, Tommy boy said:

I know the last posting was 10 years ago, but I have to comment because I can't believe that this song line was interpreted so poorly. 

I have seen the lyrics spelled with the name Arianne, but I have not seen it spelled with the word Aryan. Arianne is the french spelling for Ariadne or Aryadne which maybe someone mistakes it for Aryan.  Ariadne is derived from the greek roots "ari" (very) and "adnos" (holy) and means "very holy one". It is a name from Greek mythology given to King Minos' daughter; who gave a thread to Theseus and enabled him to escape from the labyrinth. Hense, the reference to a thread in the song.

there are two pages of comments here, a previous commenter offered this:

"In the "In Through the Out Door" songbook, which was published by Swan Song and so pretty likely to be accurate, the word is spelled "Arian", and with a capital letter - which, if you look it up, leans much more to what Glicine said than the idea of the blonde-haired blue-eyed "Aryan" so associated with Hitler."

g l i c i n e had said that the word/name "has a historical root in ancient India."

Edited by Bridgetlynn
accuracy

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that Jimmy didn't much care for this song. The one time in my life, I'll have to disagree with him. I knew Arian had to be a person, always assumed it to be a female.  It's a beautiful song. Sung and lyrically written so well by Robert, and JPJ's keyboards truly make it what it is. In my top three from the I.T.T.O.D. album. Carouselambra is also just so amazing . :) 

• 1 month later...

Totally off the top of my head, im gonna thro in something i did not even bother to look into

likely im wrong  however i for some reason  I thought Hitlers version of the word may have been spelled with an E, idk if thats even a word ? 

= Arien  ,  if any1 looks into it & im correct , pls advise , ty

but what do i know ,

👉🏼 Im no “GRAMMAR NAZI”  😅!

pretty clever !? Eh?   = Hitler / Nazi

On 4/7/2022 at 9:50 PM, z1inspector said:

Totally off the top of my head, im gonna thro in something i did not even bother to look into

likely im wrong  however i for some reason  I thought Hitlers version of the word may have been spelled with an E, idk if thats even a word ? 

= Arien  ,  if any1 looks into it & im correct , pls advise , ty

but what do i know ,

👉🏼 Im no “GRAMMAR NAZI”  😅!

pretty clever !? Eh?   = Hitler / Nazi

I think you mean the word Aryan which refers to the long gone original inhabitants of what is now eastern Iran and north-western Afghanistan. Hitler and the Thule Society believed the Aryan race were a race of supermen who migrated from this region over 2,500 years ago to what is now Germany & the Scandanavian countries. Hitler so believed this nonsense he sent countless German anthropologists to Iran, Afghanistan, & India in search of artifacts from these peoples.

Ps. They found jack shit because its all a load of bullshit.

Robert's use of the word Arian is old Welsh and means "silver one." It also means son of god, or one made of the same substance of god but not god itself in old Latin.

41 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

I think you mean the word Aryan which refers to the long gone original inhabitants of what is now eastern Iran and north-western Afghanistan. Hitler and the Thule Society believed the Aryan race were a race of supermen who migrated from this region over 2,500 years ago to what is now Germany & the Scandanavian countries. Hitler so believed this nonsense he sent countless German anthropologists to Iran, Afghanistan, & India in search of artifacts from these peoples.

Ps. They found jack shit because its all a load of bullshit.

Robert's use of the word Arian is old Welsh and means "silver one." It also means son of god, or one made of the same substance of god but not god itself in old Latin.

Well i stand corrected, ty 

esp since i couldnt find it spelled that way on google , so your likely correct.