Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Dancin'Days

Do's and Dont's

That's two people upset about elbows on the table so-far.

Make that three! I always insist my kids do this and I remind them every single time they do it to get their elbows off the table.

Do

post moderately and without any sarcasm or logos, like ROF or such

Don't

be too happy or show too much friendship to fellow members

sorry Just being facetious......it's been one of those days!

[i think you may have to watch a 10sec advert because it's BBC]

Thanks Sirchris.....that was absolutely fascinating! and quite funny as well!hysterical.gif

Thanks Sirchris.....that was absolutely fascinating! and quite funny as well!hysterical.gif

Thank You Baked Potato!

Do:

respect the military, clergy, and strong politicians;

listen to and respect other people's opinons;

take good care of yourself;

lend a hand in your community;

defend your own beliefs when challenged;

think positive.

Don't:

insult people;

talk about things you know nothing about;

use strong language/cuss/swear;

blare explicit music from your cheesy car speakers;

make kids and girls cry;

lose sight of your goals in life.

:peace: and ROF,

Jo

Edited by pagemccartney95

Do

always wear clean underwear

brush your teath, at least, once a day

listen to a Led Zeppelin song at least once a day

don't

take yourself too seriously

Do:

respect the military, clergy, and strong politicians;

I have one brief, curious question, and it is why?

The reason why I'm asking is because I'm a pacifist, an agnostic, and while I think that for example Putin or Sarkozy are strong politicians, I simply cannot respect them.

Of course, I'm not asking just because of me and my personal attitude. Should Northern Koreans respect the military? Or should we respect Khomeini's decisioon to issue fatwa on Salman Rushdie?

Wow I cannot make a list of all my DOs and DON'Ts but some are:

DON'T-Burp, critise my cooking, use slang when talking to me, critise one band becuase you don't like them, critise dylexics, be hippocrites

DO-wash you hands, be polite, pronounce my name right <_< or indeed spell it right, respect other people and their belongings

Edited by Jimmy's A Legend

I have one brief, curious question, and it is why?

The reason why I'm asking is because I'm a pacifist, an agnostic, and while I think that for example Putin or Sarkozy are strong politicians, I simply cannot respect them.

Of course, I'm not asking just because of me and my personal attitude. Should Northern Koreans respect the military? Or should we respect Khomeini's decisioon to issue fatwa on Salman Rushdie?

Okay <_< : one should respect the military becuase they strive to protect our freedom. You say whatever you want on this forum because your free speech is defended by the military. Respecting clergy is more for religious folks, but others shouldn't hate them for what they do. What I meant by respecting politicians is both those you agree with and those you don't agree with, but who aren't evil.

Got it? :huh:

:tomato:

Jo

Don't point your finger at people; I can't stand that

Okay <_< : one should respect the military becuase they strive to protect our freedom. You say whatever you want on this forum because your free speech is defended by the military.

She's not an American. Expecting her to adhere to a value system that a good portion of Americans do is foolhardy. Maybe where she lives free speech is NOT defended by the military, I'm not all that familiar with the Czech Republic system of governance.

Edited by Electrophile

She's not an American. Expecting her to adhere to a value system that a good portion of Americans do is foolhardy. Maybe where she lives free speech is NOT defended by the military, I'm not all that familiar with the Czech Republic system of governance.

Oh. :slapface::slapface::slapface:

Jo

Speaking of Americans......

Do remember this:

"The most important thing to remember is,no matter what anybody tells you, it is never, ever unpatriotic or un-American to question ANYTHING in a democracy" - Steve Earle

Don't: Let anyone ever tell you different.

Edited by 59LesPaul

Okay <_< : one should respect the military becuase they strive to protect our freedom. You say whatever you want on this forum because your free speech is defended by the military. Respecting clergy is more for religious folks, but others shouldn't hate them for what they do. What I meant by respecting politicians is both those you agree with and those you don't agree with, but who aren't evil.

Got it? :huh:

I really don't understand why you had to use all those negative smilies. It was simply an interesting and challenging post, and I felt an urge to respond to it. I'd understand if you said the same thing to your kid, but you should understand that on a worldwide forum, it could be seen in a slightly different perspective.

I rather focus on other nation's militaries, seeing them primarily as forces that can endanger my freedom. And I say whatever I want on this forum because my free speech is no longer obstructed by the (foreign) military. Not to mention there are countries where the military takes freedom from their own people. Also, freedom is not always the only thing which the military strives to protect, and one should be always aware of that. Respect someone or something blindly, and you might be the one who gives away your own freedom in the end.

As for clergy, I'm not going to hate anyone as long as they don't do anything that deserves disrespect. Unfortunately, sometimes they do.

As for politicians, thanks for clarifying. That's an important detail. However, sometimes it's really hard to tell whether the person is evil or not. I'm sure many Germans didn't think for a second that Hitler was evil, as he was obviously or allegedly doing all that for their own good. But look at him from a popular perspective and you'll see a completely different result.

But otherwise I agree; being a leftist, one should respect the ruling rightist in case he does his job well. And vice versa.

Got it?

Edited by Katuschka

Thanks Elizabeth. My free speech is currently being defended by total anarchy. :blink::lol:

Do check you have locked the door .... Don't leave the iron on ....

Don't shop in a supermarket when you are hungry ... Do stick to the shopping list.

I only have two... actually one of each.

Don't put ketchup on a hot dog. Because ketchup don't go on a hot dog.

and Do always start spark plugs by hand otherwise you may stip the threads.

If you just follow these two simple rules then all other mysteries of life will fall into their proper place.

Guaranteed.

Ketchup on a hot dog? Blasphemy! Mustard, peppers, celery salt...fine! But ketchup? Fuck no! Don't get me started on mayonnaise on a fucking hamburger! What's it coming to? :slapface:

Ketchup on a hot dog? Blasphemy! Mustard, peppers, celery salt...fine! But ketchup? Fuck no! Don't get me started on mayonnaise on a fucking hamburger! What's it coming to? :slapface:

...or fucking beers with limes in them. Pussy shit.

Do:

Keep your friends close,and your enemies closer.

Send good forth,to get good back

Laugh at the absurd

Question authority

Try to find humor in everything

Know when to say "fuck it."

Don't:

Shit where you eat.

Talk shit if you can't back it up

Sell out a friend for a girl (or boy)

Blindly follow anything or anyone

Take anything for granted

Point a gun at anything-or anyone-you don't intend to kill.

...or fucking beers with limes in them. Pussy shit.

Can't agree. A lemon in a hefewiezen is a good thing! :beer: