The YouTube Thread

Check out this clip from Chris Scruggs, banjo legend Earl Scruggs' grandson. You can see him perform in various venues in Nashville for free (for now anyway). I have seen him several times and he does a mix of covers and original, does an awesome live set, nothing unplugged about Chris:

Check out this clip from Chris Scruggs, banjo legend Earl Scruggs' grandson. You can see him perform in various venues in Nashville for free (for now anyway). I have seen him several times and he does a mix of covers and original, does an awesome live set, nothing unplugged about Chris:

There were a couple of cool clips from that link! Would be great to be able to see him in a small place like Robert's.

This topic sucks. Too many lame videos. Every time I come in here and poke around the majority of videos are not too interesting.

Even though the one-hit wonder thread has been expanded a bit, the videos are much better over there.

So either don't come to this thread or provide videos you find interesting :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
This topic sucks. Too many lame videos. Every time I come in here and poke around the majority of videos are not too interesting.

Even though the one-hit wonder thread has been expanded a bit, the videos are much better over there.

I for one, totally disagree. I'd also like to thank Pagemeister for all the great vids he's posted the last few years. He has good taste.

I have and they get ignored. :angry:

I recently started clicking on a bunch and they ALL sucked moose.

Not everyone is going to comment on every single video. Don't know what to say if you seem to hate all the videos that others post, again, perhaps this isn't the thread for you.

Wayne County, is awesome.

Wayne County

March 1976--The Wayne County Incident

Richard, depressed over the group's troubles, was drunk on Johnny Walker Red (all he ever drinks) and heckled Wayne County, who was playing at C.B.G.B.'s. Dick was on his way to the men's room so he stepped over the stage. He called Wayne County a homo. Wayne called him a fat fuck and slugged him with a microphone stand. A brawl ensued. Andy and Stu Boy rushed Richard to the hospital. Sixteen stitches and a broken collarbone were the result. Sandy and Murray brought legal action against Wayne County and Wayne's manager Peter Crowley, who booked all the acts at Max's Kansas City. The case was eventually thrown out of court.

The Dictators were blacklisted by Crowley, who put pressure on other club owners not to book the Dictators. The New York scene pretty much despised the Dictators anyhow. Most people pronounced the Dictators obnoxious, loud, arrogant, ill-mannered, and dumb--all this despite the fact that very few people at this point had ever seen them.

The Punk staff managed to convince Maggie (of the famous Maggie's bar at Ninth Avenue and 30th Street) to book them into Zeppz, a new rock club that hoped to cash in on the new music. The Dictators triumphantly opened Zeppz, filling it past capacity . . . the gig was marred only by Kongress, who played for the first time. Kongress is so bad that the Dictators threaten to break their equipment if they dare to inflict their noise on the audience again. Otto Kongress put a curse on them.

The Dicks' lineup at this time is Ross, Scott, Mark, Richie and Richard. Steve Schenck is their road manager and fills in on keyboards. Slowly but surely, the word goes out that the Dictators are on the prowl. They play at the Club 82, which is forced to yield to popular pressure to book them and ignore Crowley's threats of blacklisting Max's groups from the 82. Finally, Hilly takes a chance and books the 'tators into C.B.G.B. on a Monday night. He also raises the door from $3 to $4 for the first time. The Dictators pack C.B.G.B. that night and still hold the record for Monday night admissions.

They negotiate a contract to put out another record. Oddly enough, the Wayne County incident has made them a hot property. Shortly before signing a contract, S&M, their managers, talk Andy into rejoining the group, threatening to bite into his publishing royalties if he doesn't. Andy starts playing with the Dictators again at the Club 82. Although he's not really into the heavy metal sound and wants to start a vocal group and be like the Hollies, he figures he should finish what he started and make the Dictators into one of the biggest acts to hit the rock'n'roll stage.

Archived