The YouTube Thread

I saw these guys twice at CBGB's. First time opening for The Damned on the first US tour of a British punk band, second time opening for The Dictators. The year, I believe was 1977. This clip is less than 2 minutes long.

Nice one - I forgot about those guys. Must have been a great show seeing them with the Damned!

For a while during the 80's I was really into these guys. Saw them a couple of times. In NYC the venue was the size of your living room. Anyway, NOT a lot of good video of them on youtube. This song was sung by the guitar player Joe Jack Talcum, who for some reason is how I envision Spats to look like. It received a reasonable amount of MTV airplay. Rodney Anonymous sang 90% of the lead vocals, but Joe had his own style and was quite good IMHO.

the Dead Milkmen - punk rock girl

It's safe to say it probably wasn't part of the family hour of radio :blink:

There was a lot of songs like that back then, it's amazing how prude and conservative America became after WWII. That song is considered bawdy or hokum and it was a popular style of music.

There was a lot of songs like that back then, it's amazing how prude and conservative America became after WWII. That song is considered bawdy or hokum and it was a popular style of music.

Actually I don't think it was prudish so much as people were looking for decency after all the debauchery they had witnessed during the war. They just wanted some wholesomeness.IMO

You saw that after Nam. with everyone just wanting to dance and have fun but they screwed that up with crappy music and bad drugs.

Where as back in the 30's things were crappy for everyone and no one really gave a shit!

:lol:

Seems like things are turning that way again <_<

Anyhow these guys must have too much time on their hands :lol: come to think of it so must I :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzqnjZHYM0M

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKsSgEKicNw

The very brilliant, one of the world's fastest piano players, multi-instrumentalist,

(British/Asian Artist Adnan Sami

....and thank you for creating this thread, I love the amazing music have already been introduced....

(I really enjoyed the video Sam, The Webmaster posted....the guitar playing was just so moving, in addition to so many already....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKsSgEKicNw

The very brilliant, one of the world's fastest piano players, multi-instrumentalist,

(British/Asian Artist Adnan Sami

....and thank you for creating this thread, I love the amazing music have already been introduced....

(I really enjoyed the video Sam, The Webmaster posted....the guitar playing was just so moving, in addition to so many already....)

I've never heard of him but great posts!!! Thanks for sharing. I must investigate him further.

I've never heard of him but great posts!!! Thanks for sharing. I must investigate him further.

Thanks Nine....in both videos, he can be seen playing a wide range of instruments, of course, he plays the piano so fast..........

Adnan is "weighty"....but as in very healthy curriculum vitae that is,:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Sami

as for my Zep fascination:......

The instrument he plays in the second video just before the "actress is on Swing" scene is called Santoor, Folk instrument of Kashmir, need I say further:

Oh let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dream

I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been

To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen

They talk of days for which they sit and wait and all will be revealed

Adnan has shared stage with Legendary B.B. King in the past among his many performances and accomplishment....

Hope this is useful.....

Thanks Nine....in both videos, he can be seen playing a wide range of instruments, of course, he plays the piano so fast..........

Adnan is "weighty"....but as in very healthy curriculum vitae that is,:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Sami

as for my Zep fascination:......

The instrument he plays in the second video just before the "actress is on Swing" scene is called Santoor, Folk instrument of Kashmir, need I say further:

Oh let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dream

I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been

To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen

They talk of days for which they sit and wait and all will be revealed

Adnan has shared stage with Legendary B.B. King in the past among his many performances and accomplishment....

Hope this is useful.....

I'm a big fan of Middle Eastern and North African music so quite familiar with a Santoor! Wonderful instrument. Will look forward to checking into more of his music :)

This is nothing about rock music, but I really think it's a wonderful performance.

One thing should be mentioned that all the dancers are deaf, they hear nothing.

That was beautiful glicine - not only the music but the whole performance. Very moving.

For a while during the 80's I was really into these guys. Saw them a couple of times. In NYC the venue was the size of your living room. Anyway, NOT a lot of good video of them on youtube. This song was sung by the guitar player Joe Jack Talcum, who for some reason is how I envision Spats to look like. It received a reasonable amount of MTV airplay. Rodney Anonymous sang 90% of the lead vocals, but Joe had his own style and was quite good IMHO.

the Dead Milkmen - punk rock girl

I love those guys! Bitchin' Camaro is a classic, too. :thumbsup:

Archived