Duane Allman wanted to beat up Robert in 1969

Wolfman

Look at my first post on the first page and I have to laugh. :D

What's wrong with velvet pants? Did he want to kick Jimmy's ass as well? <_<

Don't think Duane Allman would have won the fight though. B)

He may have thought that Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were the same person.

That sort of thing isn't unique to today's press, they've always worked that way, especially when the source is a publication (and I use that term very loosely) like the NY Post. Though they're not the source for the story you linked to, they're the source for the original link posted in this thread. As is posted in the Comments section at the above link (and has already been mentioned in this thread), Butch Trucks has already stated that he was severely misquoted in the article, Duane was referring to Page, not Plant. Either way, it doesn't change my opinion of Duane Allman, Butch or the Allman Brothers Band in general. I'm just glad I clicked on the link, otherwise I never would have stumbled upon this

by Guy Clark I've never heard before.

Excellent "pants detection", thanks, Eternal Light! :D Indeed, another classic example of blaming Robert for whatever... :blink:

lol you're welcome, Vega!

25 October 1969, Boston Garden

The surge in energy was incredible as we rushed back to our seats, arriving midway thru the set opener, "Communication Breakdown" Plant was a vision in sparkling gold and green with billows of blonde hair to match - surprisingly effeminate yet ballsy.

ledzeppelin.com/node/455/252#comment-252

The Allman Brothers performed at this venue on 26 October 1969.

Well, I havent lived in Britan, so I'll trust yall on this one :D

LOL, yes you should. :D

Watching Hugh Grant movies is not an indication of how Brits can duke it out. Brits didn't occupy and keep 1/4 of the world (rightly or wrongly) by being 'girly'.The Romans called the Britons 'barbarians' dontcha know? :D

Plus, Robert himself could punch Bonzo in the snout when required.

Archived