Producer Phil Spector convicted of murder

MisterMcLov1n

I can't believe that it took 6 years to convict that fuckin' whacko.What a waste of time and money.

I guess money can buy you six years. :rolleyes:

Buhbye!

Hi 'Rorer714'

It took six years because he went from his "Wall Of Sound" technique to his "Wall of Silence" technique .

Regards, Danny

It looks as if he was playing Russian Roulette, a dangerous and reckless game.

He pretty much admitted in his own words that he thought he killed her.

And the defense is exhausting each opportunity to argue that the facts do not prove that he did it. But the defense seems to stop short of flat out stating that their client is totally innocent, which they would do if they could.

Even a defense lawyer can be penalized for lying to the court. The defense must do all they can to provide a zealous argument to protect their client, but they can't lie to the court.

He's probably guilty in this case. I would imagine his first thoughts were that he wished he had not pulled that trigger.

Some people drink too much, and others gamble. He appears to be a gambler who made too large of a bet and lost, one more soul to keep in my prayers.

So maybe the judge erred giving incorrect instructions. That would be a convenient appeal if it worked.

Spector's chauffeur, the key witness, said he heard a gunshot, then saw Spector emerge holding a gun and heard him say: "I think I killed somebody."

As in the first trial, they presented testimony from five women who told of being threatened by a drunken Spector, even held hostage in his home, with a gun pointed at them and threats of death if they tried to leave. The parallels with the night Clarkson died were chilling even if the stories were very old — 31 years in one instance.
The 40-year-old Lana Clarkson, star of the 1985 cult film "Barbarian Queen," died of a gunshot fired in her mouth as she sat in the foyer of Spector's mansion in 2003. She met Spector only hours earlier at her job as a nightclub hostess.

LOS ANGELES - Rock music producer Phil Spector was convicted Monday of second-degree murder in the shooting death of a film actress at his mansion six years ago, a verdict that will send him to prison for at least 18 years barring a successful appeal.

A Superior Court jury returned the verdict after about 30 hours of deliberations. The jury had the option of choosing involuntary manslaughter, but did not do so.

The panel also found Spector guilty of using a firearm in committing a crime.

Defense attorney Doron Weinberg said he believed the case was swayed by the judge's erroneous rulings, particularly one that allowed five women from Spector's past to testify. He said it would be the basis for appeal and a request for a new trial.

I can't wait to see what his hair is going to look like after about 10 years of no access to a stylist.

Seriously, of all the wigs he could've chosen from, he just had to choose the weirdest. That 'fro? Eurgh. I read somewhere that he would actally have his house in complete darkness so no one could see his balding head. This was during his marriage to Ronnie Spector, so it looks like he was a freak then an' all.

I can't wait to see what his hair is going to look like after about 10 years of no access to a stylist.

If his attorneys have their way, he will have access to a stylist.

They're going to appeal, and their client must look worthy in court, even if he is guilty of 2nd degree murder, because they are going to have the nerve to plead that the judge made errors.

They have to defend their client. He'll exhaust his fortune on attorney's fees. I guess that's the price.

If they do release him at some point, I hope that he can break that gambling habit of his.

Seriously, of all the wigs he could've chosen from, he just had to choose the weirdest. That 'fro? Eurgh. I read somewhere that he would actally have his house in complete darkness so no one could see his balding head. This was during his marriage to Ronnie Spector, so it looks like he was a freak then an' all.

He's an oddball, but a major talent. I think maybe he got bored. Playing Russian Roulette maybe was too tempting for him, and perhaps he became a gambling addict.

He didn't really want to kill anybody, he was just bored to tears and the game was so stimulating that he could not quit. Too late.

He's an oddball, but a major talent. I think maybe he got bored. Playing Russian Roulette maybe was too tempting for him, and perhaps he became a gambling addict.

He didn't really want to kill anybody, he was just bored to tears and the game was so stimulating that he could not quit. Too late.

Well, of course he's talented, but that doesn't mean he can get away with murder. Obviously the court didn't buy into any such Russian Roulette malarky, either.

Well, of course he's talented, but that doesn't mean he can get away with murder. Obviously the court didn't buy into any such Russian Roulette malarky, either.

But it is the reckless element that likely prompted the court to decide on a 2nd degree murder conviction.

They had the option to choose involuntary manslaughter instead.

And Russian Roulette is reckless.

But it is the reckless element that likely prompted the court to decide on a 2nd degree murder conviction.

They had the option to choose involuntary manslaughter instead.

And Russian Roulette is reckless.

Was Russian Roulette even used in his defence, or is this something you believed they did?

Was Russian Roulette even used in his defence, or is this something you believed they did?

No, it was not used by the defense.

It seems to me that the prosecutors made a case based on his alleged habit of threatening women with a gun. That is what I referred to when I compared it to Russian Roulette, because it was a reckless habit they said he had.

They even went so far as to characterize him as demonic, which I doubt. My view of his character is that he was massively intelligent and bored with his life. He had achieved so much success that he no longer found the thrill in his daily life, except for that dangerous game he played when luring women to his home.

And then they argued that the act of threatening a woman with a gun caused the death of the young woman in this case. He probably never thought the gun would really go off.

He seemed a little stunned when he remarked to his chauffeur that he thought he had killed someone. He is a clever guy. You would think that he would have had the sense to keep silent, but he was genuinely shocked by his mistake in that moment, and his remark to the chauffeur may have slipped out unintentionally.

I guess maybe he drank too much that night and was more careless than usual. I can see the attorneys trying to make a case for diminished capacity clouding his judgement.

But Russian Roulette would not be a defense. It would still meet the elements of 2nd degree murder because it was a reckless act.

But I think that for him this was a dangerous form of gambling to which he may have become addicted and did not know how to stop. No one saw it coming. If they did, no one intervened adequately ahead of time. So his weakness caught up with him. And this was a big weakness.

Everyone has weaknesses, but you try to keep them small and easy to manage.

I confess, I don't really understand what did happen in this case.

But it's really sad to see talent go totally off the rails like this--even if he didn't kill anybody, he appears to be totally loopy by now. Though that could just be the effect of him wearing a dead rat on his head. :unsure:

Now if they could've got to that other freak Roman Polanski <_<

Roman Polanski did not kill anyone.

I confess, I don't really understand what did happen in this case.

But it's really sad to see talent go totally off the rails like this--even if he didn't kill anybody, he appears to be totally loopy by now. Though that could just be the effect of him wearing a dead rat on his head. :unsure:

That is funny, but I am trying not to laugh. I feel bad making fun of someone who was just convicted of murder, especially when his lawyers are not insisting that he is totally innocent, and their best defense seems to be that the judge made errors.

Maybe the judge made errors and they can get the conviction reduced to involuntary manslaughter, but that better be the last dead body.

Hi LDW

Surely if they had been playing Russian Roulette she would have pulled the trigger herself as thats the point of the game, if he pulled the trigger then its a simple matter of Murder or Manslaughter aint it?

Regards, Danny

Hi LDW

Surely if they had been playing Russian Roulette she would have pulled the trigger herself as thats the point of the game, if he pulled the trigger then its a simple matter of Murder or Manslaughter aint it?

Regards, Danny

Exactly. If he had no direct involvement in her death, there would have been no cause for a trial.

Archived