JPJ Secret Project

Kentuckygirl

I don't come here as often but was intrigued by this bit of news. I shouldn't be surprised but it's interesting how it's assumed/speculated that JPJ's secret project is "Zeppelin related". No problem here.....it's fun to speculate....carry on! B)

Sorry, I don't always have the time to carefully read a 4 page thread, especially when it's obviously complete shite to begin with. No offence intended here.

Well if you're just going to be civil about this, I'm not going to play with you no more... :lol:

isn't that website (jimmypageonline) basically a fan site and is not associated or connected with Jimmy Page?

That is correct but the guy who runs the site has been correct a number of times. He was on the "Page to induct Beck" story early. He reported that Page would be playing with Roy Harper a couple of years ago before anyone else did. Jimmy wound up backing out but it was true when he broke it.

To clarify, he doesn't say (or even hint) that Page will be playing with Jones and/or Jason. But he is hinting strongly that we'll see Jimmy on stage later this year. I just thought it was fun and interesting to put 2 and 2 together with Jones's comments about doing a "rock project" with a "couple of people" that's supposed to be "secret"...

Would be interesting if the other two were Daltrey and Townshend. Would love to see Jonesy playing bass on tour with The Who! The Real Me would be mind blowing!

I should imagine they'll tour again now that Pete's reportedly giving his ex $27 million in a divorce settlement.

that would be cool (and if Jason were there, too, it would be very interesting).

...Or if not, Zak Starkey is amazing as well.

R B)

Sorry, I don't always have the time to carefully read a 4 page thread, especially when it's obviously complete shite to begin with. No offence intended here.

Understandable, but you could at least have read the post you were quoting, which said that the Jonesy story was a "take it or leave it" story based on hearsay.

Imagine this, if Robert did an interview and said:"I'm working on some rock based music, with a couple of people, and it should be kept as a secret". Weeh, how the speculations would fly and then it turns out to be Justin Adams and Juldeh Camara at the WOMAD Festival...OMG, scandal! :lol: Even if he didn't lie about anything. B)

So it's just a way of interpretation. Let's keep the hope low, and then it will be a nice surprise. :)

Imagine this, if Robert did an interview and said:"I'm working on some rock based music, with a couple of people, and it should be kept as a secret". Weeh, how the speculations would fly and then it turns out to be Justin Adams and Juldeh Camara at the WOMAD Festival...OMG, scandal! :lol: Even if he didn't lie about anything. B)

So it's just a way of interpretation. Let's keep the hope low, and then it will be a nice surprise. :)

The right approach, IMHO. :)

:yesnod: :yesnod:

JPJ has never kept his solo projects a secret on his website. The only reason to keep it a secret is the couple other musicians are very well known, so even if it's not Jimmy and Jason, then it's going to still be interesting.

Dissemblers or dis-assemblers? The first doesn't make sense in this context, as I shall tell Hilton Als if I run into him. :D

Great catch! The New Yorker proofcheckers missed it, if there are any left in this economy. B) My faith in the properness of all things New Yorker is shaken. You should definitely let them know - it should at least generate a correction, if not some freelance proofwork. :)

EDIT: Second thought is that Hilton may try to find some wiggle room in the "wrecking meaning" phrase. But that only works if it can be assumed that form=truth in music & dance, which, it could be suggested, is a statement that Cunningham & SY would challenge. Not that I would make such a dissembling argument about a usage gaf.

JPJ has never kept his solo projects a secret on his website. The only reason to keep it a secret is the couple other musicians are very well known, so even if it's not Jimmy and Jason, then it's going to still be interesting.

It could be a project with Warren Haynes, it would be fantastic !

WWD: With whom?

J.P.J.: It's a secret, actually. I shouldn't have even said that, you

know? There are some exciting projects coming up, let's put it that

way

The whole "secrecy" thing makes me want to :wall: I almost wish he hadn't said anything, and then just officially announce a tour without any warning to throw everybody off!

Whatever JPJ does it will be great to see him out there performing again and hopefully touring.

But I have a hard time believing he ever said anything to the effect that he would never work with Jimmy again.

Whatever JPJ does it will be great to see him out there performing again and hopefully touring.

But I have a hard time believing he ever said anything to the effect that he would never work with Jimmy again.

That wasn't even what the story said, true or not.

Btw, delighted to see Chas and Dave in this thread, stars of Knebworth! :D

That wasn't even what the story said, true or not.

Btw, delighted to see Chas and Dave in this thread, stars of Knebworth! :D

I don't know what the story said I never read it.I was reffering to a post I read here,I think it was from moonmaid

I don't know what the story said I never read it.I was reffering to a post I read here,I think it was from moonmaid

:wall:

Read. Every. Post. Before. You. Comment.

Please....

Why is it people only read the post where I said I thought he said something, but not the millions of others where I took it back? Help me out Aqua. People seem to believe you.

SAJ HELP! :sos: I can't remember what thread had the article about Jonesy saying no. And I believe it was a bit sour towards Jimmy. Kinda like, "no, I wont be working with him again." Although that part is fuzzy in my mind. I do know he flat out said no to the project.

I was reffering to this post moonmaid.I was not attacking, just commenting and stating an opinion.

And I did read all the posts on this thread.

Archived