Bonnaroo promoters quash rumours about Zep headlining

It looks more and more like there is going to be NOTHING after the Dec. 10th show. I've been really excited about hearing all of these rumors, but after each one has been quashed, I don't believe Zep will be touring any time soon. That really is a shame. Everything else aside, it is simply sad that all of us Led Zeppelin fans will not get to see them tour once again. They are awesome and I wish that they would. :(

It looks more and more like there is going to be NOTHING after the Dec. 10th show. I've been really excited about hearing all of these rumors, but after each one has been quashed, I don't believe Zep will be touring any time soon. That really is a shame. Everything else aside, it is simply sad that all of us Led Zeppelin fans will not get to see them tour once again. They are awesome and I wish that they would. :(

That's the point......everything floating out there so far (Glastonbury, Ian Ashbury's comments, Bonnaroo) was nothing but rumor w/o a basis of fact behind it. Once the rumor is put out there, everyone starts running with it as if it's going to happen.

I tend to view every unsubstantiated rumor in this way :rolleyes: Until I hear it from the band themselves, their reps or people who are "really" in the know, then I take all the talk, rumor, speculation with a smidgen of salt.

I'm not counting on or expecting LZ touring as a band again. If it does, I'll be there front and center. In the meantime, I'm hoping that the 12/10 performance is eventually released in some form of video format.

Sorry you got your hopes up.

:rolleyes: With respect, that statement says practically nothing. It does not mention Zeppelin, Metallica or ANY BAND AT ALL.

The only thing it DOES say is that the lineup will be announced Late Jan/early Feb.

When you hear the words - "Led Zeppelin will not be on the bill" , then you can say the promoters have quashed the rumours.

Don't be so sure nothing will happen after 12/10. If you listen to recent interviews there is alot of good vibes between them, the rehearsals are going well and Page is talking about new material. It appears that things are different than they were 10 or 15 years ago. As far as the rumors, I wouldn't pay any attention to them because that is what they are-Rumors.

If they choose to move forward after the 02 I am sure it will be based on a what they ALL agree is what they want to do. I think that alot will depend on how well they perform at the arena, I don't think anybody is expecting the old magic to be there (cannot be done without Bonzo), but who knows they may find they enjoy playing with each other again.

We just have to wait until after 12/10.

Just my opinion, if they do decide to re-unite in 2008 you can bet you will see me in the front row.

I think right after O2 they have to announce at least one intermediate gig they can play some time in the middle of Robert's tour to keep the momentum going before it fizzles away. He's committed to the Raising Sand tour, but the next album with T-Bone is still up in the air. If after Robert finishes touring he decides to immediately go into the studio with T-Bone rather than rejoining Zep I would give up hope.

Personally I think the best thing Zep could do is create an Ozzfest like festival of their own (Like Bonaroo, but Zep owning the franchise). Then they could bring in all the bands they like and jam with them.

:D:banana::banana:

:coffee:

Hate to say I told ya so , but............................ :hysterical:

I'll believe things when Sam posts it on this site, till then.....................:whistling:

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Dancing Banana?! LAME. This shit pisses me the fuck off. All they have to do is broadcast the show to not leave 2 million fans hanging. Until this is rectified I'm not spending dime one on ANYTHING Zeppelin. Fuck this bullshit. Its been real.

Led Zeppelin doesn't want anything to get out after Dec 10th till the Dec 10th show. Everything they've said has just been about that show. Now I wouldn't be shocked to see things come out after that show about another show or a tour

The tv morning news just reported on this, promoters are saying that there will be no shows other than the o2. Interesting, because i just heard the -bonarroo thing mentioned on the radio yesterday, a station who doesnt play any standard fm rock music. I guess the rumors reached some high level in the media or something and it had to be addressed.

Archived