Justin Adams and Julden Camara with special guest

glicine

Posting from Abu Dhabi airport, wonderful show, tons of energy and most of the songs done in a totally different way. Robert and the boys in great form.

:thumbsup: Loved what I've heard so far, especially the reworked 'Fixin To Die'! :D

Safe flight, WW!!!

Here we go the set list as i remember it and my memory these days is not great

2 Justin JC songs

train fair home

four sticks

Fixing to die

black girl

corrina corrina

black dog

4 winds blow

rock & roll

WLL

Only 2 tracks played as we would recognise them 4 winds/WLL.

Here we go the set list as i remember it and my memory these days is not great

2 Justin JC songs

train fair home

four sticks

Fixing to die

black girl

corrina corrina

black dog

4 winds blow

rock & roll

WLL

Only 2 tracks played as we would recognise them 4 winds/WLL.

Awesome set list :D

:thanku: Thank you for those links, glicine and eternal light!

You're welcome, Zanadu!

Has anyone posted this story from the Independent?

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/womad--a-brave-new-world-of-music

That the event turned into a triumph was as much due to the fantastic diversity of this audience as to the strength of the line-up, the free entry and the cleanest toilets ever seen at a music festival. Abu Dhabi, a city of skyscrapers created in 50 years, was built by migrants and is filled with migrants. And there is not much to do there, said many of those whom I spoke to. So they came down to the beach in droves to cheer on stars from their homelands.

The result was like a world cup of music, with banners, flags and cheering crowds. The Maghrebis turned out in force for Massi and Khaled, the Kurds for The Kamkars, the West Africans for Youssou N'Dour, the Westerners for Robert Plant. Each was greeted with a passion unlike anything seen at a British Womad. Plant joked that he was expecting to be booed off stage, such was the fervour building for the Egyptian star Mohamed Mounir, scheduled to follow him. It made for an intoxicating festival, despite the reliance on fruit juice rather than vodka jellies.

Fantastic!!!!!

:D

His voice sounds great. And may I say it's just so wonderful to see him and Justin together on stage again.

True true. And they did Four Sticks too, wonderful.

It's funny to hear him sing Sidi Mansour.

He often used to do a little bit of it in the middle of WLL with Strange Sensation. :)

Guess I need to get more live performances of him with SS then :wacko:

It's rather amusing suddenly to hear a song that I know though. :P

True true. And they did Four Sticks too, wonderful.

It's funny to hear him sing Sidi Mansour.

I love when he added Sidi Mansour (a great song in its original forms) to the middle of WLL. Supposedly at some show he was belly dancing while singing it :o

I hope there will be a recording of this show at some point. Would be great to hear the whole set - some fantastic songs they did. I love Corrina, Corrina - they performed that together once before and it sounded really good.

I love when he added Sidi Mansour (a great song in its original forms) to the middle of WLL. Supposedly at some show he was belly dancing while singing it :o

I hope there will be a recording of this show at some point. Would be great to hear the whole set - some fantastic songs they did. I love Corrina, Corrina - they performed that together once before and it sounded really good.

:blink: Where is the jaw drops emoticon?!

Yeah I hope there will be a recording in good quality too. They deserve it.

Archived