Whole Lotta Love

Dirigible

Wanna see where Plant copped some Whole Lotta Love moves?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrvWFn-Eb7o

This is not meant to be a negative reflection on Plant or the band in general, they ALWAYS played it better than the original. I admire that as much as I admire Zep's brass (balls) for doing it. They HAD to realize some critic or fan had heard the Faces' tune, released only three years prior in 1966.

This is not meant to be a negative reflection on Plant or the band in general, they ALWAYS played it better than the original. I admire that as much as I admire Zep's brass (balls) for doing it. They HAD to realize some critic or fan had heard the Faces' tune, released only three years prior in 1966.

"How many more times"

I'm supprised Knebby hasn't jumped on you already mate.

We all know Led Zeppelin are the biggest thieves in Music to this day, thats because they are the biggest and best Band in Music to this day.

All Music is theft if you look at it like that, nobody makes music out of thin air, everyone is influenced by someone else, thats what makes music become great, as Led Zeppelin's is.

And i think Robert was old enough to remember the Faces Music, he was listening to it i would think. Robert and Jimmy both know that they borrowed from many sources, they never denied it, they just plain didnt credit it all to the artist who deserved it, many dont.

Apart from that, excelent vid of Marriot, a fav of mine from days gone bye.

Regards, Danny

The thing is, they DO realize, and the fans too, too well I think.

Not to say they don't deserve any criticism, I hope they would give some credit to the other artists as well. But it's up to them. And the topic has been discussed many many times.

And another thing, I see you post another video of Page playing Black Mountainside, and if I remember correctly, Bert Jansch himself called it a rip off.

The thing is, they DO realize, and the fans too, too well I think.

Not to say they don't deserve any criticism, I hope they would give some credit to the other artists as well. But it's up to them. And the topic has been discussed many many times.

And another thing, I see you post another video of Page playing Black Mountainside, and if I remember correctly, Bert Jansch himself called it a rip off.

I called that Page's inspiration regardless of Jansch (or Briggs or anyone else). I thank Zeppelin for turning me onto music I might otherwise have not sought out.

I called that Page's inspiration regardless of Jansch (or Briggs or anyone else). I thank Zeppelin for turning me onto music I might otherwise have not sought out.

Indeed. So it's just about the way how you think of/judge it.

Change the names in the topic thread, Plant/Whole Lotta Love/Faces into Page/Black Moutain Side/Bert Jansch. A huge difference between them? Not to me.

With all due respect, Danny, I did it in the interest of historical significance. At its very worst it's nonetheless great entertainment.

Holy Mother, 'Dirigible' you are a dark hourse mate, just saw your "YouTube" vids, i'm very impressed with you all. You sing and hit the skins well mate, can i put you on to a good friend of mind who's thinking of touring again, name of Jimmy, he is in need of a vocalist and i think you'll impress him. :thumbsup::yay:

Keep it going mate, Regards, Danny

Indeed. So it's just about the way how you think of/judge it.

Change the names in the topic thread, Plant/Whole Lotta Love/Faces into Page/Black Moutain Side/Bert Jansch. A huge difference between them? Not to me.

Jansch and Briggs were folkies I'd've never listened to (before the 80s). Black Mountainside used to be my least favorite tune on the first album, now it's my second fave after Communication Breakdown, not borrowed from Eddie Cochran. Judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJn984u4hos

Holy Mother, 'Dirigible' you are a dark hourse mate, just saw your "YouTube" vids, i'm very impressed with you all. You sing and hit the skins well mate, can i put you on to a good friend of mind who's thinking of touring again, name of Jimmy, he is in need of a vocalist and i think you'll impress him. :thumbsup::yay:

Keep it going mate, Regards, Danny

Crikey, mate, my vocals aren't very good, but thanks for mentioning it even if your tongue might have been a little in your cheek. I'd be glad to fill the drum chair however, if Jason wants to go back to Boreigner. :unsure:

It wasn't the Faces. It was actually The Small Faces. Almost the same band members, but a very different group musically.

It wasn't the Faces. It was actually The Small Faces. Almost the same band members, but a very different group musically.

A nicely split hair, 2112, (and I didn't need to read it on Kenney's drumhead to know the difference) although it's rumored Percy does a mean version of 'Cut Across, Shorty' too. When Rod and Woody fronted the band was WHEN they shoulda been called small. :):D:P

A nicely split hair, 2112, (and I didn't need to read it on Kenney's drumhead to know the difference) although it's rumored Percy does a mean version of 'Cut Across, Shorty' too. When Rod and Woody fronted the band was WHEN they shoulda been called small. :):D:P

Steve Marriott was short too. The Small Faces were all short, which is why they called it The Small Faces.

• 2 weeks later...

what is the matter are you mad because you are not a living led gen

• 5 weeks later...

Archived