OverNite Singing Sensation Susan Boyle from Scotland

The Rover

I agree she has a amazing voice and good for her if she gets a album contract out of it. But for the love of god don't put her on the front of the album. :rolleyes:

Joy what's her name from the View had a great line the other day when they were talking about this. Walters said "Do you know what she might get if she wins the whole thing?" Joy said ..."A eyebrow waxing?" :lol:

The woman said she is still a virgin and has never even kissed a guy in her life and she is 47 years old!! I don't think she should have admitted that.

But good luck to her. It would be a great story if she won

And it does tell you how much appearance matters in today's society that this is such a big story. If she was a hottie it would not be a story at all.

I agree she has a amazing voice and good for her if she gets a album contract out of it. But for the love of god don't put her on the front of the album. :rolleyes:

Joy what's her name from the View had a great line the other day when they were talking about this. Walters said "Do you know what she might get if she wins the whole thing?" Joy said ..."A eyebrow waxing?" :lol:

The woman said she is still a virgin and has never even kissed a guy in her life and she is 47 years old!! I don't think she should have admitted that.

And it does tell you how much appearance matters in today's society that this is such a big story. If she was a hottie it would not be a story at all.

What a shock - you don't think she's a hottie...

I, personally, want her to go far - not because of the 'great story' it'd make, but because she's got the talent. Her unassuming demeanour has meant that her talent was all the more powerful when we heard her. No one had the slightlest inkling that she could've belted a song out like that. Good on her.

I, personally, want her to go far - not because of the 'great story' it'd make, but because she's got the talent. Her unassuming demeanour has meant that her talent was all the more powerful when we heard her. No one had the slightlest inkling that she could've belted a song out like that. Good on her.

Her unassuming demeanour or her looks? I would bet it was her looks. That a voice like that came out of that package.

Her unassuming demeanour or her looks? I would bet it was her looks. That a voice like that came out of that package.

I'm not sure what your question is here. I'm saying that she didn't appear in the least bit fazed - hence the unassuming bit - to be performing such a song, in front of such an audience. She's not a beauty queen by any stretch of the imagination, but, then, she never professed to be. And I don't judge her based on her looks, I judge her based on her talent. The show is called Britain's Got Talent - not Britain's Got Hotties.

She delivered her performance quite admirably.

Had she been distracted by a cosmetic transformation prior to a catapult to fame, I wonder if she would have burst forth in song so beautifully and allowed her personality to come through to the audience.

There is always time for

to offer advice.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: You don't get around much do you? ever been to an opera? Not that all opera singers look like her but there are many large people that sing opera and have fantastic voices.

Here's an example...

Edited to say "You Dork!"

I'm not sure what your question is here. I'm saying that she didn't appear in the least bit fazed - hence the unassuming bit - to be performing such a song, in front of such an audience. She's not a beauty queen by any stretch of the imagination, but, then, she never professed to be. And I don't judge her based on her looks, I judge her based on her talent. The show is called Britain's Got Talent - not Britain's Got Hotties.

Yep ! She is who she is and she has a tremendous voice. Any debate about her looks is mute here. In the pub however, that is another matter :lol:

Yep ! She is who she is and she has a tremendous voice. Any debate about her looks is mute here. In the pub however, that is another matter :lol:

In this day of a "complete package" for entertainers why would her looks be mute?

Every article I read about her mentions her homeliness. Why would it be any different here?

If she'd been pretty and a lousy voice, don't you think we'd be talking about her lousy voice as well as her good looks? You can't exclude an aspect of her totality and be fair.

Say it like it is.

In this day of a "complete package" for entertainers why would her looks be mute?

Every article I read about her mentions her homeliness. Why would it be any different here?

If she'd been pretty and a lousy voice, don't you think we'd be talking about her lousy voice as well as her good looks? You can't exclude an aspect of her totality and be fair.

Say it like it is.

Your correct on all counts ! I was just taking a moment to have a laugh . :beer:

Your correct on all counts ! I was just taking a moment to have a laugh . :beer:

Mine was a cringe. Because I have eyes.

I could possibly drink sour milk if my taste buds weren't working, but when all your senses are intact, the reality hits home.

Nice though that you had a laugh. I wish I could've been so fortunate.

Archived