OverNite Singing Sensation Susan Boyle from Scotland

The Rover

Ooooh he is amazing!

P.S. May be naive of me to ask but-was that staged? I mean damn why would he pick the Amy Winehouse song over the Jackson 5 one ??

There have been rumours about that - but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't, because the Amy Winehouse cover of The Zutons' song was massively popular here. I also think it would be quite hard to stage - he'd have to be a good little actor too, as would presenters Ant and Dec - and everyone in the UK knows they are wonderful presenters but crap actors. ;):D

People are moaning that he has already had some stage success but I say so what? He's still great and that cheeky face is charming!

And it again to prove that looks do matter and are very important in society.

You knew that was coming. Aesthetic visuals affect the way an audience receives a performance.

has a strong visual presentation that goes very easy on the eyes.

Even so, if Susan Boyle had been too worried and distracted about the visual, we may never have experienced the wonderful song that she sang. She would have then been one more overly self-conscious performer in a sea of many. You must always have heart, regardless of the package.

Okay, lol! This'll sound like I'm speaking from the pulpit...but to me, beauty really does shine from within. Your joke was funny, tho'. :rolleyes: ha ha.

It wasn't a joke. B)

You know that even an aural shine is an outward manifestation apart from a shining within.

I think, for her next performance, that she should sing the Janis Ian's classic

"At Seventeen"

Take It Away Susan:

I learned the truth at seventeen

That love was meant for beauty queens

And high school girls with clear skinned smiles

Who married young and then retired

The valentines I never knew

The Friday night charades of youth

Were spent on one more beautiful

At seventeen I learned the truth

And those of us with ravaged faces

Lacking in the social graces

Desperately remained at home

Inventing lovers on the phone

Who called to say, "come dance with me"

And murmur vague obscenities

It isn't all it seems at seventeen

A brown eyed girl in hand-me-downs

Whose name I never could pronounce said

Pity, please, the ones who serve

They only get what they deserve

The rich-relationed home-town queen

Marries into what she needs

With a guarantee of company and haven for the elderly

Remember those who win the game

Lose the love they sought to gain

In debentures of quality

And dubious integrity

Their small town eyes will gape at you in

Dull surprise when payment due

Exceeds accounts received at seventeen

To those of us who knew the pain

Of valentines that never came

And those whose names were never called

When choosing sides for basketball

It was long ago and far away

The world was younger than today

And dreams were all they gave for free

To ugly duckling girls like me

We all play the game and when we dare

To cheat ourselves at solitaire

Inventing lovers on the phone

Repenting other lives unknown

That call and say, "come dance with me"

And murmur vague obscenities

At ugly girls like me, at seventeen.

Susan Boyle does look a bit like Jimmy Page.

One Step at a Time by Jordan Sparks

entertainment.stv.tv/home/88339-britains-got-talent-star-susan-boyles-promise-to-mum/

I wonder if the audience was randomly assembled, or if it was hand-picked and culled to eliminate those hard-to-please types similar to voir-dire before a trial, as the cynics would say. If it was randomly assembled and the audience response was spontaneous, that is a genuinely positive indicator.

This just in: Simon Cowell is not always right. The American Idol and Britain's Got Talent judge says he and his panel totally misjudged Susan Boyle, as he told Entertainment Tonight: "We were all guilty of judging her before she sang."

With that admission out of the way, Simon went on to offer advice to Boyle, starting with the attention she's received for supposedly never kissing a man and for undergoing a mini makeover.

"I am tired now of hearing about the way she looks or the kissing or this or that. Get yourself together, sweetheart, for the big one, which is the semi-finals [of Britain's Got Talent]," Cowell said. "Choose the right song. Focus yourself. Shut your front door and maybe take a holiday and come back as the person you want to be, not the person you think you should be."

thehollywoodgossip.com/2009/04/simon-cowell-to-susan-boyle-focus/

She's the singing sensation who has become a worldwide phenomenon since her performance on Britain's Got Talent two weeks ago, but Susan Boyle confessed she had never been kissed!

Speaking to GMTV this morning however, Susan was seen getting a kiss from a fan and the bubbly lady told the show "never been kissed? I've never stopped!"

When asked about the kissing (or lack of) she told the show: "that was made in a joke." So is there a lucky fellow out there who has perhaps puckered up to Susan?

Throughout the numerous press interviews and exhausting media schedule, Susan has never lost her down to earth, loveable sparkle, which has made the world fall even more in love with her.

She told GMTV: "It's been like a whirlwind."

She also reiterated the point that she had made to the five thirty show last week, saying her performance was: "a tribute to my mother." She added: "it's a payback."

Flowers and cards have been sent to the star from around the world. One bouquet had come all the way from New Mexico!

Speaking of her success in America, Susan said: "I've never visited the States."

With offers on the cards from the likes of Oprah Winfrey, it looks like that's about to change.

Much has been said about Susan's style and a debate has been brewing as to whether she should / shouldn't be given a makeover.

What does Ms Boyle think? She said: "I prefer plain Jane just now!" And there in lies the beauty of this unaffected global star.

entertainment.stv.tv/home/89669-susan-boyle-never-been-kissed-ive-never-stopped/

hi;

I don't like the new ensemble...the one with the leather coat and plaid scarf...I think she should have a plain black or red cloth coat to match the scarf or a silky bright scarf if she's going to keep the leather jacket

Juliet

PS Yes her voice is good.....I would also include something from the Phantom of the Opera and Cats in her repertoire

hi;

I don't like the new ensemble...the one with the leather coat and plaid scarf...I think she should have a plain black or red cloth coat to match the scarf or a silky bright scarf if she's going to keep the leather jacket

Juliet

PS Yes her voice is good.....I would also include something from the Phantom of the Opera and Cats in her repertoire

Cue

Archived