ARMS Concerts

Just to bring us back on topic, somewhere in my archive I have a photograph taken on September 20, 1983 of Jimmy pleading with a constable not to tow his illegally-parked car away from Royal Albert Hall. This occured shortly after the afternoon soundcheck.

:lol:

I was there at the time. Jimmy was not pleading with the policeman not to tow his car. He had just left the building after the soundcheck and began heading towards the car where his driver was waiting. As he walked more and more fans began to follow him very excitedly. He began to walk faster but soon there were many people all around him. The policeman had just walked around the corner and Jimmy veered off and headed towards him followed by many fans. The policeman was quite taken aback for a few seonds at what he had walked into. Jimmy was asking him where his car was and described the 4 by 4 or range rover...the policeman then looked around and pointed to the nearest vehicle fitting the description. ( about 30 feet away). Jimmy then walked to his car followed by everybody...got in...waved as he was driven away.

I took a photo of Jimmy with the policeman...just tried to upload it Failed. Am not a computer wizard I'm afraid.

John Lennon didn't drive? I'm sure there's a pic of him at the wheel of his illustrated Rolls ... I seem to recall seeing that somewhere. Living in NYC you'd not need a car most times, only for trips out to the country. Maybe Yoko played chauffeur!

Shadecatcher I believe Lennon learned how to drive but chose not to. I too have seen the photo with him behind the wheel of his car, right after he passed his drivers test.

Shadecatcher I believe Lennon learned how to drive but chose not to. I too have seen the photo with him behind the wheel of his car, right after he passed his drivers test.

I know he passed his test, but according to people like Tony Bramwell, he was a terrible driver, hence his and Yoko's big accident in 1969 with Julian and Yoko's daughter.

What a great picture, Dave! Thank you for putting it here. I have seen the picture of Jimmy getting in the car. Since it's the same clothes, it must be from this. Thanks for placing it. :D It's from the Ritiche York book. I will find it.

Edited by aen27

I bought the Arms DVD the other day from eBay, it only took 2 days to arrive over Christmas , so I gave a positive feedback ,only to find that the DVD freezes & skips frequently Clapton then Winwood and stops during both and turns off ,freezes & skips through Beck ,but seems fine through Page set till the end. It only gives the scene option choice once its played through. It is Japanese copy though

• 9 months later...

I'm a little too lazy to scan tonight so here are some photographs of some ARMS articles and pictures I have.

DSCN0060_zps2c96d196.jpg

DSCN0063_zps8ceffa26.jpg

DSCN0065_zps52b243a7.jpg

DSCN0066_zps3386592b.jpg

I have a question. The article says that Jimmy was 42 at the time of the drug arrest. It also says that Bonzo died two years previously, making this 1982. If Robert was 32 in 1980 and Jimmy was about five years older than Robert, it would make Jimmy around 37, not 42. Maybe I have my dates confused?

• 7 years later...
  • 2 years later...