BILOXI 17TH ANNUAL CRAWFISH FESTIVAL

alwizard03

Went to the Mississippi Coast this past weekend and played Roadie for some Friends Leon Medica and Louisiana Leroux played at the Coast Coliseum Grounds a really great Southern Music Show and a lot of Fun for everyone who attended.They had rides and vendors heck You could even get Your picture taken with Dora the Explorer.Had a mechanical Bull . I had front row seats but proably only sit in them for a few minutes.Steve Cropper of the Blues Brothers and Booker T and the MG'S told us how He co wrote Sittin on the Dock of the Bay with Otis Redding and many other cool stories. Listening to Wet Willie's Jimmy Hall sing and play Sax and Harmonica was a great experiance that brought back memories of 1973 at the Warehouse in New Orleans and 75 at the Superdome only I think He sounds better today than He did then and Leroux who I have known most of the band since 1978 and leon a few years before that when He played in Pot Liqour were spectaculor . Have You ever listened to New Orleans Ladies or take a ride on a Riverboat well if not it is Your loss these Guys have still got it.

This show reconfirmed for Me that Southern Rock still lives!!!!!

Went to the Mississippi Coast this past weekend and played Roadie for some Friends Leon Medica and Louisiana Leroux played at the Coast Coliseum Grounds a really great Southern Music Show and a lot of Fun for everyone who attended.They had rides and vendors heck You could even get Your picture taken with Dora the Explorer.Had a mechanical Bull . I had front row seats but proably only sit in them for a few minutes.Steve Cropper of the Blues Brothers and Booker T and the MG'S told us how He co wrote Sittin on the Dock of the Bay with Otis Redding and many other cool stories. Listening to Wet Willie's Jimmy Hall sing and play Sax and Harmonica was a great experiance that brought back memories of 1973 at the Warehouse in New Orleans and 75 at the Superdome only I think He sounds better today than He did then and Leroux who I have known most of the band since 1978 and leon a few years before that when He played in Pot Liqour were spectaculor . Have You ever listened to New Orleans Ladies or take a ride on a Riverboat well if not it is Your loss these Guys have still got it.

This show reconfirmed for Me that Southern Rock still lives!!!!!

Al!! ya should have told me you were coming over! i got the colonel to sign my original 'dock of the bay' album!

it would have been even better to meet you.

glad you had a great time, come back soon.

beatbo

It looks like no one else sat in their front row seats either. Was anyone there?

Well there's 3 and an arm.

That was the first band and the crowd was at the fair and the booths but they started showing up in time for Leroux and Jimmy Hall and Steve Cropper never did get as many as I would have expected but they did not advertise well.

Al!! ya should have told me you were coming over! i got the colonel to sign my original 'dock of the bay' album!

it would have been even better to meet you.

glad you had a great time, come back soon.

beatbo

It was a busy weekend I get down there several times a month try to let You know next chance I get.

That was the first band and the crowd was at the fair and the booths but they started showing up in time for Leroux and Jimmy Hall and Steve Cropper never did get as many as I would have expected but they did not advertise well.

Do you know who happened to be in Jimmy Hall's band?

Were they called The Prisoner's of Love ?

Jimmy Hall from The Wet Willie Band also from Hank Jr's Band in fact He had just got in from playing with Hank Willams Jr in Chicago the night before this Show.This was taken in the VIP tent Man can Jimmy Sing.

DSC04369.jpg

Jimmy going back to the tent hey there is beer in there.

DSC04392.jpg

Look Another Sign

DSC04328.jpg

DSC04332.jpg

More stuff for the kids

DSC04448.jpg

Leon trying to get everyone back on stage did You know He produced the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack?

DSC04449.jpg

Come on Jimmy it is time to make the Doughnuts

DSC04450.jpg

Jimmy getting in a last piece of advice to His Son

Me pestering some Friends who were on the other side of the fence sorry I still Love You all.

DSC04456.jpg

Archived