Zeppelin, are they metal?

Back in the early days of Zeppelin there must have been people LOLed at them, too. ;)

The early days of Led Zeppelin: Whole Lotta Love, Thank you, Dazed and confused, Good times Bad times,Ramble on, Heartbreaker.Nothing very laughable.....

That's the difference with the Jonas Brothers

The early days of Led Zeppelin: Whole Lotta Love, Thank you, Dazed and confused, Good times Bad times,Ramble on, Heartbreaker.Nothing very laughable.....

That's the difference with the Jonas Brothers

But that's your opinion and while I agree that those songs and the band are amazing, not everyone thinks or thought that way. I don't like the Jonas Brothers but millions do. It's all subjective.

The only thing remotely metal about Led Zeppelin is in the name! :slapface:

bs they were a bunch of things.. now polka idk but i mean christ jazz in 77' when they would jam for minutes on end to no quarter and i guArantee like dave grohl said" heavy metal wouldnt exist without zeppelin.. if it did, it would suck! to say they didnt have a substantial influence on metal and metallica in particular is musically wrong.. were they metal idk.. they were a ton of things which is why people that dont like zeppelin still saythey were damn talented and very versatile.. thats a sustaining legacy in my book

to say they didnt have a substantial influence on metal and metallica in particular is musically wrong.

I don't think anyone is saying they weren't influential to other artists that supposedly are "metal", they're just saying Led Zeppelin weren't metal themselves. Which begs the question, of the artists that supposedly are metal, tons of them have also done power ballads, does that take them out of the running? It's even been said Stairway To Heaven is the prototypical power ballad.

bs they were a bunch of things.. now polka idk but i mean christ jazz in 77' when they would jam for minutes on end to no quarter and i guArantee like dave grohl said" heavy metal wouldnt exist without zeppelin.. if it did, it would suck! to say they didnt have a substantial influence on metal and metallica in particular is musically wrong.. were they metal idk.. they were a ton of things which is why people that dont like zeppelin still saythey were damn talented and very versatile.. thats a sustaining legacy in my book

Bullshit to you too, gibberer! :blink:

I would classify some of their songs as metal. Like Immigrant song. It's about vikings, how much more metal can you get. Maybe if the term was used back then, they would be considered metal.

Logic?

Even if the term had existed back then, they STILL weren't classed as metal (or any other word that meant the same thing).

I see this, but musically? I don't see it.

How much Metal do/have you listened to? I've been listening to it for decades! I hear all sorts of "paganism", "kill'm all", "Oden Rule's" on lot's of Metal song's! Not to forget all the artwork on there CD/album cover's!

How much Metal do/have you listened to? I've been listening to it for decades! I hear all sorts of "paganism", "kill'm all", "Oden Rule's" on lot's of Metal song's! Not to forget all the artwork on there CD/album cover's!

Sure I know there ARE connections. I was saying the connection is not "inevitable".

The term Viking has existed looooong before Metal music came up.

Not to mention Immigrant Song existed long before all those albums.

Again making the point that saying they influenced later metal bands is a whole lot different from saying they were metal themselves, which they simply weren't. Period.

Archived