Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
InZeppWeTrust

Zeppelin, are they metal?

Why is that funny? You may not like anything new out there but plenty of us do :rolleyes:

Back in the early days of Zeppelin there must have been people LOLed at them, too. ;)

Not in the very early days, but certainly in the wearing-ladies'-clothes days. :D

It still seems odd to me to think the whole idea of liking new music is funny, though. :huh: :huh:

Back in the early days of Zeppelin there must have been people LOLed at them, too. ;)

The early days of Led Zeppelin: Whole Lotta Love, Thank you, Dazed and confused, Good times Bad times,Ramble on, Heartbreaker.Nothing very laughable.....

That's the difference with the Jonas Brothers

The early days of Led Zeppelin: Whole Lotta Love, Thank you, Dazed and confused, Good times Bad times,Ramble on, Heartbreaker.Nothing very laughable.....

That's the difference with the Jonas Brothers

But that's your opinion and while I agree that those songs and the band are amazing, not everyone thinks or thought that way. I don't like the Jonas Brothers but millions do. It's all subjective.

The only thing remotely metal about Led Zeppelin is in the name! :slapface:

bs they were a bunch of things.. now polka idk but i mean christ jazz in 77' when they would jam for minutes on end to no quarter and i guArantee like dave grohl said" heavy metal wouldnt exist without zeppelin.. if it did, it would suck! to say they didnt have a substantial influence on metal and metallica in particular is musically wrong.. were they metal idk.. they were a ton of things which is why people that dont like zeppelin still saythey were damn talented and very versatile.. thats a sustaining legacy in my book

I think Led Zeppelin needs it's own category of music, it's to hard to put it into just one :P !

Yes let's call it the "hammer of the gods"

to say they didnt have a substantial influence on metal and metallica in particular is musically wrong.

I don't think anyone is saying they weren't influential to other artists that supposedly are "metal", they're just saying Led Zeppelin weren't metal themselves. Which begs the question, of the artists that supposedly are metal, tons of them have also done power ballads, does that take them out of the running? It's even been said Stairway To Heaven is the prototypical power ballad.

bs they were a bunch of things.. now polka idk but i mean christ jazz in 77' when they would jam for minutes on end to no quarter and i guArantee like dave grohl said" heavy metal wouldnt exist without zeppelin.. if it did, it would suck! to say they didnt have a substantial influence on metal and metallica in particular is musically wrong.. were they metal idk.. they were a ton of things which is why people that dont like zeppelin still saythey were damn talented and very versatile.. thats a sustaining legacy in my book

Bullshit to you too, gibberer! :blink:

the beatles inspired nirvana but the beatles weren't grunge right so zeppelin could of inspired metallica or any other metal band and not be metal

I would classify some of their songs as metal. Like Immigrant song. It's about vikings, how much more metal can you get. Maybe if the term was used back then, they would be considered metal.

I would classify some of their songs as metal. Like Immigrant song. It's about vikings, how much more metal can you get. Maybe if the term was used back then, they would be considered metal.

Logic?

Even if the term had existed back then, they STILL weren't classed as metal (or any other word that meant the same thing).

Logic?

I was about to ask the same. I don't see the inevitable connection between "Viking" and "metal".

I was about to ask the same. I don't see the inevitable connection between "Viking" and "metal".

I think they are referring to the "Metal look" and the war like life style that is stereotyped with the Viking's.

I think they are referring to the "Metal look" and the war like life style that is stereotyped with the Viking's.

I see this, but musically? I don't see it.

I see this, but musically? I don't see it.

How much Metal do/have you listened to? I've been listening to it for decades! I hear all sorts of "paganism", "kill'm all", "Oden Rule's" on lot's of Metal song's! Not to forget all the artwork on there CD/album cover's!

How much Metal do/have you listened to? I've been listening to it for decades! I hear all sorts of "paganism", "kill'm all", "Oden Rule's" on lot's of Metal song's! Not to forget all the artwork on there CD/album cover's!

Sure I know there ARE connections. I was saying the connection is not "inevitable".

The term Viking has existed looooong before Metal music came up.

Not to mention Immigrant Song existed long before all those albums.

Again making the point that saying they influenced later metal bands is a whole lot different from saying they were metal themselves, which they simply weren't. Period.