Your Top 5 Bands

heres my top 5 bands.

1.) Led Zeppelin

2.) Pink Floyd

3.) Van Halen

4.) Rush

5.) Peter Frampton

4 and 5 change depending on the phase I am listening to. 1-3 always stay the same.

how's it going "JimmyPageZoSo56?" My Top 5 Bands are as follows:

(1.) THE BEATLES

(2.) LED ZEPPELIN

(3.) THE ROLLING STONES

(4.) JIMI HENDRIX

(5.) THE WHO

Bands that deserve honorable mention are as follows:

(1.) BLACK SABBATH

(2.) PINK FLOYD

(3.) FLEETWOOD MAC

(4.) THE BEACH BOYS

(5.) AC/DC

(6.) AEROSMITH

(7.) RUSH

(8.) VAN HALEN

(9.) METALLICA

(10.) MOTLEY CRUE

(11.) GUNS N' ROSES

(12.) JUDAS PRIEST

ROCK ON!

Based on what I'm listening to the most right now:

Led Zeppelin

The Eagles

Fleetwood Mac

CS&N

Dave Matthews Band

although U2, the Doors and Queen are also top favorites; just not listening to them quite as much right now.

Top 5

Led Zep

Pink Floyd

Can

Talk Talk

The Stone Roses

with the following 5 just behind....

U2

Spacemen 3/Spiritualized

The Beatles

The Clash

Talking Heads

Can!! Nice choice :D A great,underrated band if I may say so. B)

My favorites change on a daily basis but for now:

Beatles

R.E.M.

Grateful Dead

Bob Marley & the Wailers

The Replacements

Awesome!

Mine are (also in no particular order):

Led Zeppelin

Beatles

Bob Dylan

Tool

Bob Marley and the Wailers

My favorites are mostly Bobs/Roberts.

Also big on my list:

Black Sabbath

Pink Floyd

Janis Joplin and Big Brother and the Holding Company

The Jimi Hendrix Experience.

I confined my list strictly to bands, if both artists and bands are allowed my list would come out a bit differently.

I'd consider Bob Marley and the Wailers more of an "artist" identification, but assume this thread applies to big names with backup musicians? Not sure if the Wailers changed personnel (like Jimi Hendrix's bandmates), or carried on successfully after Marley's death?

I'll choose 5 blues based pysch bands:

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

Cream

Jimi Hendrix

Hot Tuna

I'd consider Bob Marley and the Wailers more of an "artist" identification, but assume this thread applies to big names with backup musicians? Not sure if the Wailers changed personnel (like Jimi Hendrix's bandmates), or carried on successfully after Marley's death?

Since the poster that started this thread asked for bands instead of artists that's what I went with. I don't really consider Bob Marley and the Wailers to be a solo artist but a band. They were the Wailers for many years and then they became "Bob Marley & the Wailers". That's when tension was caused within the group and founding members Peter Tosh and Bunny Livingston left. After Marley died they continued to tour as "The Wailers" but obviously haven't been nearly as successful as they were when Marley was alive.

Since the poster that started this thread asked for bands instead of artists that's what I went with. I don't really consider Bob Marley and the Wailers to be a solo artist but a band. They were the Wailers for many years and then they became "Bob Marley & the Wailers". That's when tension was caused within the group and founding members Peter Tosh and Bunny Livingston left. After Marley died they continued to tour as "The Wailers" but obviously haven't been nearly as successful as they were when Marley was alive.

That's all stuff I didn't know - I always assumed those other guys carried on in Bob Marley's name...

If you read the list the poster opened with, she/he had Peter Frampton on it. My guess is, they meant top five "artists" including bands and solo artists. Just your five favorites :)

no. 1: Led Zeppelin

2:Deep Purple

3:Metallica

4:Black Sabbath

5:Ac/Dc, Rolling Stones, Guns'n'Roses, Dio, Yngwie Malmsteen, Aerosmith, Dire Straits, Eric Clapton, Eagles, Iron Maiden and Iris (a band from romania my home country)

Archived