Songs, band or artists you're afraid to admit you like

danelectro59

I'm not afraid to admit i like these bands, i just think many will laugh, lol :), but that doesn't matter to me:

Tori Amos, Counting Crows, Jefferson Airplane (especially the hits that Marty Balin sang), Tantric, Thirty Seconds To Mars, Sinead O'Connor, Bee Gees, Bread, Julian Lennon... all i can think of at the moment.

and i recently pulled out the first two Creed CD's that i haven't heard in years.

edit: and i like Echo and the Bunnymen, forgot about them.

I'm not afraid to admit i like these bands, i just think many will laugh, lol :), but that doesn't matter to me:

Tori Amos, Counting Crows, Jefferson Airplane (especially the hits that Marty Balin sang), Tantric, Thirty Seconds To Mars, Sinead O'Connor, Bee Gees, Bread, Julian Lennon... all i can think of at the moment.

and i recently pulled out the first two Creed CD's that i haven't heard in years.

Hey Tangerine

Of that list, only Sine-aid O'Boner, is laughable. But that's just me because I really don't like her music, but she certainly did create some waves with her photo ripping on SNL. The rest are respectable artists. Even the Bee Gees, who had some great songs before Saturday Night Fever.

I love Tantric. I'm surprised with that one.

Why would you think anyone would laugh at some of those - Jefferson Airplane were an amazing band and so is Echo and the Bunnymen. I also like the Bee Gees :D

I'm not afraid to admit i like these bands, i just think many will laugh, lol :) , but that doesn't matter to me:

:'( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFNw-tAoetA :(

Hey Tangerine

Of that list, only Sine-aid O'Boner, is laughable. But that's just me because I really don't like her music, but she certainly did create some waves with her photo ripping on SNL. The rest are respectable artists. Even the Bee Gees, who had some great songs before Saturday Night Fever.

I love Tantric. I'm surprised with that one.

I bought some of Sinead's music before the SNL Pope scene. She also appeared on SNL prior to that appearance and did a couple amazing songs. I love her voice and one album she put out i also really loved. But she's not for everyone, certainly :)

Tantric was added because they aren't very popular and i would think some here would find them to be lame. Have you ever seen them live? I got very close to Hugo once, lol.

Why would you think anyone would laugh at some of those - Jefferson Airplane were an amazing band and so is Echo and the Bunnymen. I also like the Bee Gees :D

Maybe because of the melodies that Jefferson Airplane were famous for in the 70's would seem silly to some. I just pulled out my Gold CD and played some of my favorites last week! Echo and the Bunnymen were kind of 80's pop (although they have some real heavy songs too) and might not be the taste of many here.

Here's one everyone will hate: Skinny Puppy. A band i love.

Maybe because of the melodies that Jefferson Airplane were famous for in the 70's would seem silly to some. I just pulled out my Gold CD and played some of my favorites last week! Echo and the Bunnymen were kind of 80's pop (although they have some real heavy songs too) and might not be the taste of many here.

Naw :o"Count On Me" ;)

I guess i'll start.

Okay, I like A Flock of Seagulls. And, no i'm not gay (NTTAWT)

I don't know what it is, but when I hear I Ran or Space Age Love Song, i can't help but sing along.

They're one of the few New Wave groups that I like.

How's it going "danelectro59?" This is an interesting question! However, I am not ashamed to admit that I like THE OSMONDS. Hell, I even wrote a thread about them. THE OSMONDS are the most underrated band of all-time. This band never got their recognition or due that was truly deserved. If MADONNA or THE JACKSON FIVE can be inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, then THE OSMONDS can be inducted as well. Many people don't realize that THE OSMONDS truly knew how to Rock. ROCK ON!

Mungo Jerry.

Laugh all you want, I think they're cool. Fun, feel-good stuff.

No laughing here :D

....I cant think of anyone. Im happy to say any band I like, Im not embarrassed by any..

Wait..maybe The Deep. OMG I KNOW!! Fat Mattress :D..The Peanut Butter Conspiracy, Moby Grape..And Im ashamed that I like the song Pancake Trees by Jefferson Lee..oh my.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eShRxt_rsIk There if anyone wants a listen.. :o

I'm not ashamed of what I listen to either - even if some of it may be silly to others. But I don't see how you'd put Moby Grape on the silly list. Great band - nothing cheesy about them at all IMO.

I've seen Skinny Puppy in concert. Can't say I'm a big fan of theirs but I can understand how some are drawn to their sound.

I'm not embarrassed about them, but I know these artists generally don't go over well here. My favorites are Maroon 5 and Dave Matthews Band (both of whom I've seen live). I also like the Ting Tings, Black Eyed Peas, Nelly Furtado, Sara Bareilles, Anna Nalick, Adele, Daughtry, Usher, and Timbaland. :) And I suppose Lady GaGa too, since her songs are stuck in my head all the time :bagoverhead:

Maybe because of the melodies that Jefferson Airplane were famous for in the 70's would seem silly to some. I just pulled out my Gold CD and played some of my favorites last week!

Jefferson Starship had a much different sound than Jefferson Airplane, although they retained four Airplane members for much of their work. I like the selections on the Gold album, too - "Ride the Tiger" is very awesome! What happened when they morphed into simply Starship was a disgrace, though...

How's it going "Dancin' Days'?" Hey, ABBA's cool! I like ABBA! I've always liked the female members. Maybe we can talk "Swede" into writing a thread on ABBA, now that would be cool. ROCK ON!

Come on Swede.....that sounds like a plan. What do you think? Rock On ZFF.

How's it going "Dancin' Days'?" Hey, ABBA's cool! I like ABBA! I've always liked the female members. Maybe we can talk "Swede" into writing a thread on ABBA, now that would be cool. ROCK ON!

When I passed by two street musicians (a drummer and guitarist) on Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, in February they played a melody that I recongnised. But I couldn't come up with the title, cause they did an instrumental version. I thought it sounded like a Beatles tune, a really great 60's pop song. Still couldn't figure out what it was, but it was a damn great version. When I had passed them it struck me, it's not Beatles, it's fuckin Mamma Mia by ABBA! I was shocked that I liked it so much. :D Must have been the instrumetation that did it. The guy on drums had a real jazzy feeling while the guitarist sounded like George Harrison or David Crosby from The Byrds.

Archived