Songs, band or artists you're afraid to admit you like

danelectro59

I like the Bee Gees, Ohio Players and KC and the Sunshine Band too :D

I've requested all that from many a wedding DJ. "You Should be Dancin" / Rollercoaster / That's the Way, I like It" is the trifecta of Boogie...

Lots of country. Some of it I'm not embarrassed about, other stuff I have to hang my head in shame about, but I'll still admit I like it. Frinstance, I am not at all embarrassed about liking Jamey Johnson, Eric Church, Hayes Carll or any of the classics, but I don't feel quite so cool for liking certain Carrie Underwood and Big & Rich songs. But whaddya gonna do?

How's it going "Footsteps of Dawn?" Do you know whaddya gonna do? You're going to be proud of the artists that you like. There is nothing wrong with any of the artists that you mentioned at all. I love everything that CARRIE UNDERWOOD records. CARRIE UNDERWOOD has lit up the Country Music world and has giving Country music a brand new breath of fresh air. ROCK ON!

I've requested all that from many a wedding DJ. "You Should be Dancin" / Rollercoaster / That's the Way, I like It" is the trifecta of Boogie...

:D Sounds good to me!

I have some great disco compilations Rhino Records and Razor & Tie put out some years ago. I proudly play them at home and thus far, no complaints from the neighbors!

:D No, still on the funky train :D

Well, dig this:

Yeah, hey

When you wish upon a star

Dreams will take you very far, yeah

When you wish upon a dream

Life aint always what it seems, oh yeah

Once you see your light so clear

In the sky so very dear

Youre a shinig star, no matter who you are

Shining bright to see what you can truly be

That you can truly be

Shining star come into view

Shine is watchful light on you, yeah

Gives you strength to carry on

Make your body big and strong

Future roads for you to pass

Love to watch your mug past

The shining star, lucky you

The sinful redeeming shall be true

On an adventure of the sun, yeah

Yeah its all awake and just begun

Yeah, thought I had to stir the mood

Thats it now I got my own oh yeah

So if you find yourself in need

Why dont you listen to his words of heat

Be a child free of sin

Be some place, yes I can

Words of wisdom: yes I can

Shining star for you to see, what your life can truly be

YES!! The trifecta of disco/boogie. LOL!! :)

And ninelives--glad to hear you like Bee Gees/ KC/Ohio Players, too! LOL!! :)

Sharon

I love Martina McBride, who is probably thought of here as the Celine Dion or Whitney Houston of country. :bagoverhead: But she has such a beautiful voice, especially live (and IMO much better than the usual divas); and her songs all tell a story and have a good message.

I love Martina McBride, who is probably thought of here as the Celine Dion or Whitney Houston of country. :bagoverhead: But she has such a beautiful voice, especially live (and IMO much better than the usual divas); and her songs all tell a story and have a good message.

I'm not really a fan of hers but I did enjoy her duet with Jimmy Buffett on

from his License To Chill record as well as her appearance with Pat Benatar on CMT's Crossroads. She's definitely got some pipes.

Pat Benatar & Martina McBride "Promises In the Dark"

I'm not really a fan of hers but I did enjoy her duet with Jimmy Buffett on
from his License To Chill record as well as her appearance with Pat Benatar on CMT's Crossroads. She's definitely got some pipes.

Pat Benatar & Martina McBride "Promises In the Dark"

i'm not familiar with any other martina mcbride stuff but pat just blows her away on this video...maybe she sings some of her own stuff better, but i think this song just makes her sound weak...

i'm not familiar with any other martina mcbride stuff but pat just blows her away on this video...maybe she sings some of her own stuff better, but i think this song just makes her sound weak...

Maybe it's because it's Pat's song? It's been a while since I've seen that particular episode of Crossroads but I seem to recall Martina holding her own pretty well even if it wasn't on that song.

Maybe it's because it's Pat's song? It's been a while since I've seen that particular episode of Crossroads but I seem to recall Martina holding her own pretty well even if it wasn't on that song.

Here are a couple of wonderful live performances: "In My Daughter's Eyes":

And "Anyway":

:)

Ed: if you don't listen to anything else, listen to this:

Edited by Virginia