Songs, band or artists you're afraid to admit you like

danelectro59

I guess i'll start.

Okay, I like A Flock of Seagulls. And, no i'm not gay (NTTAWT)

I don't know what it is, but when I hear I Ran or Space Age Love Song, i can't help but sing along.

They're one of the few New Wave groups that I like.

Hell yea man! I Ran is the shit!. lol haha. I Ran is their only good song, well that's the only song by them I like. I don't think listening to one song by Flock of Seagulls makes you gay. lol

I love Martina McBride, who is probably thought of here as the Celine Dion or Whitney Houston of country. :bagoverhead: But she has such a beautiful voice, especially live (and IMO much better than the usual divas); and her songs all tell a story and have a good message.

Hey, I love Martina too Virginia!! I think she's got one of THE greatest voices of any genre.

Ok, on another note, I have to admit I like Miley Cyrus' song "The Climb". I think it has a great message.

Edited by Melanie_72

Mark Lindsay?

I remember that I used to think that Mark Lindsay was cute in the day.

I was on a cruise once that happened to be an "Oldies Cruise". It was just a coincidence that I was on this particular cruise. But Paul Revere and The Raiders were one of the "oldies" groups that was featured. Mark Lindsay was very old and grizzled looking, ala Keith Richards. Couldn't believe it was the same person. He must have had a very rough life/lifesyle. Paul didn't look too bad.

Hey, I love Martina too Virginia!! I think she's got one of THE greatest voices of any genre.

Ok, on another note, I have to admit I like Miley Cyrus' song "The Climb". I think it has a great message.

Me too; there are moments when I think she sounds a little like Stevie Nicks in that song.

Me too; there are moments when I think she sounds a little like Stevie Nicks in that song.

Yep, it is such a treat to hear Miley sing such an uplifting song with a great meaning; not the typical teenybop stuff. I also like "Ready, Set, Don't Go" by her dad, Billy Ray Cyrus; that too had a nice message. I liked it when they sang it is a duet at last year's CMT Music awards.

You're right on that. There seems to be alot of confusion about the various stages of this particular subject. Jefferson Airplane was a blues based pyschedelic group, Jefferson Starship was a polished hit machine, Starship was that which should not be.

As far as disco, there were abominations - but I can appreciate stuff by groups like KC and the Sunshine Band and The Bee Gees. Our wedding band played some disco songs, and we have people on video chanting " Disco Sucks"! - even though they danced to it. It makes for good laughs, now....

Don't forget they are "Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship" for the album Blows Against the Empire. ;)

Jefferson Starship had a few "deep tunes" in their catalog. I'm thinking specifically of "Show Yourself" from Earth.

Here's one everyone will hate: Skinny Puppy. A band i love.

Are you kidding?

Too Dark Park is incredible.

I really love the 90s Industrial, Skinny Puppy, Fear Factory, Front 242, Ministry.

Did you ever hear any Pigface?

Fook was a great CD.

Are you kidding?

I really love the 90s Industrial, Skinny Puppy, Fear Factory, Front 242, Ministry.

Fook was a great CD.

Too Dark Park was probably their most "commercial" record and a bit more accessible than their earlier releases. I've heard Pigface - not a fan but I don't generally like Industrial to begin with.

Are you kidding?

Fook was a great CD.

I liked Fear Factory and Ministry back when... and NIN of course. I was also a big fan of Pitchshifter. Not sure if they'd be considered "industrial" though.

I'll admit that I like...Billy idol and Motley Crue. I don't know why, and I'm ashamed to admit such a thing. D:

But when "Rebel Yell" comes on I can't help but dance. And I liked Cher for about a year or two, now I can't stand her.

I liked... D: Fall out boy, the Devil Wears Prada, Metro Station...Ugh, I wanna throw up in my mouth when I think about my past musical tastes.

I like Jethro Tull? I can't decide if that is embarrassing or not :lol:

I'm a Bon Jovi fan..but I can't help that 'cause I'm from Jersey. It's like, required by Jersey state law for all residents to be a fan. "Livin' On a Prayer" is like our anthem.

I like King Diamond, too. D:

-hangs head in shame-

I have a whole playlist of cheesy crap from the 70s and 80s

Billy Don't Be a Hero

The Night Chicago Died

One Tin Soldier

Chevy Van

Seasons in the Sun

Popcorn

Come On, Eileen

Kajagoogoo – Too Shy

For these I hang my head in shame.

One I make no apologies for is

Wall of Voodoo – Mexican Radio

As ZeppFanForever would say, ROCK ON!

Billy Don't Be a Hero

The Night Chicago Died

One Tin Soldier

Chevy Van

Seasons in the Sun

Popcorn

Come On, Eileen

Kajagoogoo – Too Shy

As ZeppFanForever would say, ROCK ON!

Too Shy is kind of dumb but i like it! haha :D

Do we have to jump up and down in our blue suede shoes also ? :slapface:

Sweet

I fuggin LOVED David Essex... well, that song, anyway.

But... where do we go from here?

Edited by TypeO

Do we have to jump up and down in our blue suede shoes also ? :slapface:

How's it going "Bong-Man"? Did you know Elvis Presley has often been referred to as the "King" of Rock and Roll? Keep on reading, because I will be back later, to tell you all why he loved his "Blue Suede Shoes" so much! Until then, ROCK ON!!!

....very interesting, I adored Freddie Mercury in the 70's...and I still do, but Freddie remained very mysterious about himself. I was always in search of my own I.D. in East/West culture, and Freddie never mentioned in print who he truly was, later when I found out who he was, he confirmed my worst fears, that it is not O.K. to be yourself....you must be embarrassed? somehow about who you are....I deeply love his vocal chords...anyhow, I also like to give Freddie the benefit of doubt, maybe he never felt the need to reveal himself...but I don't think that is how he was viewed, certainly not by me when I was becoming an adult.......

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/a...cury/biography/

Ethnicity  Mercury has been criticized f

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/a...0FKr0oEQT&B' alt='a>'>

LOL!! :) I used to like RATT back in the day.... :)

Sharon

:lol: I've noticed other drivers giving me weird looks while I've got "Round & Round" blasting out of my car on the drive to work. Wonder why??? Ha! :bagoverhead:

Billy Don't Be a Hero

The Night Chicago Died

One Tin Soldier

Chevy Van

Seasons in the Sun

Popcorn

Come On, Eileen

Kajagoogoo – Too Shy