Thank you Led Zeppelin

MightyZep

Lately, I have been straying from listening to Zep and listening to an array of other things. New music, old music just a variety of stuff. I think I've just been feeling like I've burnt myself out on Led. I've been afraid that I might never be able to appreciate them like I did in the past!

However, today I was in an old record shop looking for some new records. Low and behold I came across the Led Zeppelin section. Looking through it alll got me thinking, so after I left I put IV on in the car. I thought "what the hell, lets see if I'm as burned out as I think I am". Suddenly, Plant's voice belts out the opening line to Black Dog and it's like I'm fifteen again. It was amazing! It turns out that putting Zep away for awhile refreshed me and I got a really cool experience all the way from "hey hey mamma" to "I'm goin down now... I'm goin down..."

Thank God for Led Zeppelin! When you stray from Zeppelin and then go back it can be like WHAM! :o Amazing! Other bands just simply dissolve away. Anyone know what I'm talking about here?

Lately, I have been straying from listening to Zep and listening to an array of other things. New music, old music just a variety of stuff. I think I've just been feeling like I've burnt myself out on Led. I've been afraid that I might never be able to appreciate them like I did in the past!

However, today I was in an old record shop looking for some new records. Low and behold I came across the Led Zeppelin section. Looking through it alll got me thinking, so after I left I put IV on in the car. I thought "what the hell, lets see if I'm as burned out as I think I am". Suddenly, Plant's voice belts out the opening line to Black Dog and it's like I'm fifteen again. It was amazing! It turns out that putting Zep away for awhile refreshed me and I got a really cool experience all the way from "hey hey mamma" to "I'm goin down now... I'm goin down..."

Thank god for Led Zeppelin! When you stray from Zeppelin and then go back it can be like WHAM! :o Amazing! Other bands just simply dissolve away. Anyone know what I'm talking about here?

Oh definitely, Led Zeppelin is by far my favorite band, nobody comes close, they're absolutely great. I think I might try putting them down for awhile :), they're all I listen to anymore.

I know what you mean. I did that with several bands - I listened to Boston, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Eagles, and ACDC till I made myself sick of them. When I first became a Zeppelin fan, I kept waiting to listen to them one day & want to puke. Over two years later and I'm definitely not sick of them yet. I put my iPod on shuffle a few weeks ago to see how long it would take to get throufgh all 948 songs. It has definitely made me appreciate Zeppelin a lot more. When you go for a while without listening to them as much (if you can, which is hard for most of us), It's a little like discovering them all over again. :D

I know the feeling. I go through a Zeppelin phase, stop listening to them for a BRIEF period, and then eventually I return to them and they sound even better than before. I love their music. They will forever be my favorite band.

Archived