In the search of uncirculated sources

Argenteum Astrum

Since last few days I was working on a list of shows I have suspicion that they are in the hands of a tape hoarders and/or more sources are available than mentioned. I did my research across few online databases but also tape traders. Please inform/correct me if any.

December 26, 1968 - DENVER (audience tape is supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

July 6, 1969 - NEWPORT 93 sources discovered)

July 27, 1969 - WOODINVILLE (SEATTLE POP FESTIVAL) (supposed to be in the hands of a tape

hoarder)

August 17, 1969 - WALLINGFORD (2 songs only, the whole tape is supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

November 5, 1969 - KANSAS CITY (5 songs only, the whole tape is supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

January 9, 1970 - LONDON (audience tape is supposed to exist)

March 31, 1970 - PHILADELPHIA (audience tape is supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

April 11, 1970 - ST. LOUIS (audience tape is supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

June 28, 1970 - BATH (2 audience tapes found, another audience tape is supposed to exist)

July 19, 1970 - BERLIN (1 audience tape found, another audience tape is supposed to exist)

September 9, 1970 - BOSTON (2 audience tapes found, either both sources are the different copies of the same source or another, untcirculated source exists)

September 19, 1970 - NEW YORK Afternoon Show (3 audience tapes found, possibly at least 1 more tape exist)

May 10, 1971 - LIVERPOOL (audience tape is supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

September 23, 1971 - TOKYO (8 audience tapes found, at least 1 more audience tape is supposed to exist)

September 24, 1971 - TOKYO (5 audience tapes found, at least 1 more audience tape is supposed to exist)

September 27, 1971 - HIROSHIMA (2 audience tapes found, 1 more audience tape is supposed to exist)

September 28, 1971 - OSAKA (2 audience tapes found, 1 more audience tape is supposed to exist)

September 29, 1971 - OSAKA (3 audience tapes found, supposed another 2 or more audience tapes are exist)

November 16, 1971 - IPSWICH (3 audience tapes found, possibly 2 more are exist)

November 20, 1971 - LONDON (2 audience tapes found, after a detailed research I discovered

that the longer, poorer sounding source (including Immigrant and Heartbreaker for example) has the cuts at the same places as the other source; possibly a high gen alert here)

February 16, 1972 - PERTH (a long discussed "Holy Grail", no proofs here but reported that FM broadcast exist)

February 20, 1972 - MELBOURNE (multiple sources found, at least only 3 tapes can be described without any mistake, possibly more sources are exist)

June 6, 1972 - DETROIT (audience tape is supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

June 21, 1972 - DENVER (audience tape is supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

June 25, 1972 - LOS ANGELES (1 audience tape found, another audience tape is supposed to exist)

June 27, 1972 - LONG BEACH (4 tapes found, 4th tape source is supposed to be uncirculated worldwide yet)

June 28, 1972 - TUCSON (reported that the taper claims he has the tape with more encores)

October 2, 1972 - TOKYO (5 audience tapes found, at least 1 more audience tape is supposed to exist)

October 3, 1972 - TOKYO (6 audience tapes found, at least 1 more audience tape is supposed to exist)

October 5, 1972 - NAGOYA (2 audience tapes found, 1 more audience tape is supposed to exist)

October 9, 1972 - OSAKA (3 audience tapes found, at least 1 more audience tape is supposed to exist)

October 10, 1972 - KYOTO (2 audience tapes found, 1 more audience tape is supposed to exist)

March 16, 1973 - VIENNA (4 audience and 1 soundboard found, at least 1 more audience tape is supposed to exist)

May 25, 1973 - ALBUQUERQUE (audience tape is supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

May 31, 1973 - LOS ANGELES (3 audience and 1 soundboard sound, possibly more audience tapes exists)

January 11, 1975 - AHOY (although there are no confirmation that this tape can be in the hands of a tape hoarder, there were some strange reports that on some of trade lists this shows figures as well, mislabelled?)

January 21, 1975 - CHICAGO (1 audience tape found, possibly another audience tape is in the hands of a tape hoarder)

February 7, 1975 - NEW YORK (2 audience tapes found, possibly another audience tape is in the hands of a tape hoarder)

February 13, 1975 - NEW YORK (3 audience tapes found, I have no knowledge if 3rd tape is really an alternate source or it's high gen dub of nay of 2 other)

February 14, 1975 - NEW YORK (2 audience and 1 soundboard found, possibly another audience tape is in the hands of a tape hoarder)

March 25, 1975 - LOS ANGELES (2 audience tapes found, need detailed info for 2nd)

May 17, 1975 - LONDON (2 audience tapes found, possibly few more audience tapes are exist)

May 18, 1975 - LONDON (4 audience tapes found, possibly 1 or more audience tapes are exist)

May 23, 1975 - LONDON (3 audience tapes found, possibly few more audience tapes are exist)

May 24, 1975 - LONDON (2 audience and 1 soundboard, possibly few more sources are exist)

May 25, 1975 - LONDON (1 audience and 1 soundboard sound, possibly at least 1 more audience tape exists)

April 1, 1977 - DALLAS (questionable date, really exists?)

April 23, 1977 - ATLANTA (another audience tape supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

May 31, 1977 - GREENSBORO (audience tape is reported to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

June 7, 1977 - NEW YORK (2 audience tapes found, possobly more audience sources are exist)

June 8, 1977 - NEW YORK (2 audience tapes found, possibly more audience sources are exist)

June 10, 1977 - NEW YORK (3 audience tapes found, possibly more audience sources are exist)

June 11, 1977 - NEW YORK (3 audience and 1 soundboard, possibly few more audience sources are exist)

June 13, 1977 - NEW YORK (2 audience tapes found, possibly few more audience sources are exist)

June 14, 1977 - NEW YORK (possibly more complete tape exists since newly surfaced video has Rock And Rocll and Whole Lotta Love dubbed with sound)

June 21, 1977 - LOS ANGELES (2 audience tapes found, possibly few more audience sources are exist; need detailed infor for 2nd source)

June 25, 1977 - LOS ANGELES (1 audience tape found, possibly few more audience sources are exist)

June 26, 1977 - LOS ANGELES (2 audience tapes found, possibly 1 more audience tape exists)

June 27, 1977 - LOS ANGELES (1 audience tape found, possibly few more audience sources are exist)

August 4, 1979 - KNEBWORTH (at least 12 different audience sources available, few of them released as LP albums - each differs from another)

August 11, 1979 - KNEBWORTH (at least 11 different audience sources available, few of them released as LP albums - each doffers from another)

June 30, 1980 - FRANKFURT (1 audience and 1 soundboard found, there is almost for sure another audience tape, poorly sounding)

July 13, 1985 - PHILADELPHIA (1 soundboard found, possibly audience tape exists)

May 14, 1988 - NEW YORK (3 professional sources found, possibly audience tape exist)

EYE THANK YOU!

Since last few days I was working on a list of shows I have suspicion that they are in the hands of a tape hoarders and/or more sources are available than mentioned. I did my research across few online databases but also tape traders. Please inform/correct me if any.

July 6, 1969 - NEWPORT 93 sources discovered)

EYE THANK YOU!

Quite impressive! :lol:

I'm gonna guess you meant (3 sources discovered)

Well, it's an actually really fine list you've put up, ladies and gents, those are the tapes that exist but aren't circulating.

January 11, 1975 - AHOY (although there are no confirmation that this tape can be in the hands of a tape hoarder, there were some strange reports that on some of trade lists this shows figures as well, mislabelled?)

A tape source fir this show, even though on tradelists (often a mislabeled Brussels show), isn't known to exist, legend has it that when the taper went through divorce, his ex stayed with them and possibly destroyed them......... :slapface:

July 27, 1969 - WOODINVILLE (SEATTLE POP FESTIVAL) (supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

Apparently it was close to circulating some 10 years ago, however it all went wrong, and the tape is supposed to be a soundboard tape too.

January 9, 1970 - LONDON (audience tape is supposed to exist)

*fingers crossed*

June 28, 1970 - BATH (2 audience tapes found, another audience tape is supposed to exist)

Wasn't the third audience tape never completed due to the taper being found by Grant & crew, if it was like this, it must be an excellent tape, really close to the stage.

February 16, 1972 - PERTH (a long discussed "Holy Grail", no proofs here but reported that FM broadcast exist)

Never heard of an FM broadcast of this show, it must be interesting.

June 6, 1972 - DETROIT (audience tape is supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

June 21, 1972 - DENVER (audience tape is supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

Legend has it that at least one of these shows was an epic long affair, like Seattle or LA.

May 25, 1973 - ALBUQUERQUE (audience tape is supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

Watch out as some tapes are/were mislabeled as being from this show.

It did occur, there's even a newspaper review about it, and a bootleg claiming to be from this date is really from May 25th 1977.

You missed April 13th 1977.

June 14, 1977 - NEW YORK (possibly more complete tape exists since newly surfaced video has Rock And Rocll and Whole Lotta Love dubbed with sound)

Interesting, the audio dub isn't really an audio dub, it's camera-recorded audio.

June 21, 1977 - LOS ANGELES (2 audience tapes found, possibly few more audience sources are exist; need detailed infor for 2nd source)

Only found as a patch on TYG, the tape is from an unknown generation and in full it features the entire gig.

August 4, 1979 - KNEBWORTH (at least 12 different audience sources available, few of them released as LP albums - each differs from another)

Really so many sources, I thought there was only 1 for the first show and two for the second.

Three posts due to quotes limits.

And as a final note, all that is needed to release all this stuff is money.

Yeah don't forget the infamous Baton Rouge '77 tape. I'd love to hear that Seattle soundboard one from '69, keeping my fingers crossed for that one. Then there are shows that you would think had to be taped but aren't out there, like Montreaux '72, for example.

BTW, love your web site Argent, it's great, very helpful. I have a minor correction to add to one of your 'Film Noir ' DVD reviews, I'll send that over soon. Keep up the fine job!

Alright, so it would go something like this for Baton Rouge:

May 19, 1977: Tape of this show exists and was really close to being released, but someone leaked out the news from this tape's released and thus it got cancelled, it was later sent to an Administrator of some music-sharing site with orders to "Be Released when the time is due"

What about the Minnesota tapes?

- Minneapolis 1/18/75

- Minneapolis 4/12/77

- St. Paul 4/13/77

I heard that Page said St. Paul 1977 was the best show they played on the 1977 tour. They even did Black Dog as an encore.

They played Black Dog at Oakland on the 23rd of July too.

How is April 1, 1977 a questionalble date ?

That was the re-scheduled opening date of the 1977 US Tour.

Zep was rusty for that 1st date, after all Jimmy hadn't touched a guitar for a month !

I wouldn't look for a boot of that show, if I could.

What about the Minnesota tapes?

- Minneapolis 1/18/75

- Minneapolis 4/12/77

- St. Paul 4/13/77

I heard that Page said St. Paul 1977 was the best show they played on the 1977 tour. They even did Black Dog as an encore.

They played Black Dog at Oakland on the 23rd of July too.

Zep was rusty for that 1st date, after all Jimmy hadn't touched a guitar for a month !

I wouldn't look for a boot of that show, if I could.

Rumored to be exists but strong statements goes to the point where an identification shows to us that the tape is really from Landover May 25th, 1977 if I remember correctly.

Why didn't Page touch his guitar for a month before the 77' tour?

Was he sick, or had he broken another finger?

Th whole equipment have been shipped to the US while Plant got laryngitis suddenly so they had to stay and postponed entire tour.

Doesn't sound right. I think Page may have been able to get a hold of a guitar if needed.

And couldn't Plant have found a better time to get sick, the same shit happened before the 75' tour, (just kidding, relax Plant defenders). I do have my doubts about the delay being caused by laryngitis though. A month is a long time postpone a tour and when you think that not only was Plant sick before the start of the 75' tour, but Page also had a broken finger, and yet, they didn't postpone the tour, much less miss a show.

They just bowled right through it.

July 27, 1969 - WOODINVILLE (SEATTLE POP FESTIVAL) (supposed to be in the hands of a tape hoarder)

Great research! I've kept a running commentary of notes on rumoredshows and hoarded tapes.

This is what I have in regards to Seattle 7/27/69 a quote by a friend of mine and a very reliable source

"There exists an unmixed soundboard tape of many of the performances

at this festival, alledgedly including Zeppelin, apparently in the

possession of a soundman that worked on the festival. The Flying

Burrito Brothers' set and a few songs from the youngbloods surfaced,

but the only Zep related material to circulate was a snippet of

conversation with Plant backstage."

Here are my notes regarding hoarded shows. Maybe taken from the same source(s) where you've taken your list from.

The only thing I may add is that I recall that the Carnegie Hall 69 show is or was allegedly in the hand's of a Grateful Dead collector who wanted to trade it for something obscure.

SHOWS HOARDED

January 26th Boston Tea Party, Boston * (longer tape may exist)

April 12th Toby Jug, Tolworth, England (rumor only)

May 3rd Rose Palace, Pasadena

May 4th Civic Center, Santa Monica

May 13th Civic Auditorium, Honolulu

May 17th Ohio University,Athens, OH

May 23rd Pop Festival, San Jose

July 5th Pop Festival, Atlanta

July 27th Gold Creek Park, Woodinville (Seattle)

October 17th Carnegie Hall

November 4th Memorial Auditorium, Kitchener

April 11th Kiel Auditorium, St. Louis

November 17th Kinetic Circus, Birmingham, England

November 29th Empire, Liverpool, England

February 16th Subiaco Oval, Perth, Australia

February 27th Showgrounds, Sydney, Australia * (full tape is hoarded)

June 6th Cobo Hall, Detroit

June 21st Denver Coliseum, Denver

May 4th Braves Stadium, Atlanta

May 23rd Albuquerque

May 26th Salt Palace, Salt Lake City

March 2nd University of Tennessee, Bent Harbor

April 17th Market Square Arena, Indianapolis

May 19th Baton Rouge 1977 [same taper as 1975]

I also wonder how many rehearsals and sounchecks had been recorded and are sitting in someone's vault. I would imagine that more of the Southampton 73 session exists.

But that's purely my own speculation.

Weren't people at another site kicking around the possible existence of the Pittsburgh '75 show existing, potentially even as a sbd? Was that pure BS or is that a legit rumor?

Archived