Woman held for noisy sex 'breach'

The Rover

I remember once when I was about 20ish, I met this girl at Mardi-Gras and we ended up in a storage building behind a club with loud music and the noise of a packed French Quarter.

Well someone was on to us and when we came out it was like this LOL :blush::lol:

applause.gif

^ :lol:

I have to say that for the most part, if you're going at it and it's good, you can't control yourself sometimes. Yes, it's annoying to be the one who has to listen to it, but I still think it's totally stupid to have to worry about how loud you are when that's happening.

(edited to fix a typo)

She rates right up there with the barking dogs.

The idea of putting grandma in prison because her dogs bark, this is why people vote for less government.

A grandmother was handed an anti-social behaviour order after failing to stop her five dogs barking.

Patricia Eldridge, 64, now faces having to get rid of two of her pedigree Pointers.

She was handed the order by magistrates on April 14 after her neighbours in Anstey, Leicestershire, complained about the dogs barking.

Charnwood Borough Council said it decided to apply for the order against Eldridge after she failed to comply with an abatement notice last year.

The order means Eldridge, who has been breeding dogs for the past 20 years, must prevent any further noise or potentially face a prison sentence.

24dash.com/news/Local_Government/2009-04-23-Granny-given-ASBO-over-barking-dogs

This is the first time that I have seen a case where someone used a noise abatement statute to interfere with someone's sex life. Noise abatement usually applies to airports.

Even the notion that making noise during sex should be considered anti-social is disturbing on its face.

Maybe the next anti-social behavior order will require newborns not to cry when they are hungry.

It is definitely, moronically stupid. Can you imagine trying to enforce this law? It won't only be applied to Caroline. All the courts will be plagued by these complaints if this kind of ruling is upheld. There are plenty more Carolines out there. Singling her out and targetting her with this kind of state-sponsored tyranny is shocking. This is just too much government interference in people's lives. Someone owes her an apology.

Especially to have the ban apply to anywhere in England. That is too far-reaching. That earns today's dumb law award.

They ought to refund her money if she has already paid the fine and find a way to dismiss the case.

Expanding noise abatement statutes to cover sex between consenting adults is opening a can of worms.

Defenses that come to mind involve the infringement of the right to free association, and a counter complaint of invasion of privacy, infliction of severe emotional distress and defamation of character. It had to be embarrassing for her to be dragged into court over this kind of frivolous and malicious action. I am sure there will be more defenses.

It's these type of civil actions that really make people appreciate the concept of less government.

And if it doesn't stop in England, pretty soon other jurisdictions in the world will try to pull the same nonsense.

Okay, now I am going to make coffee.

Really, you need to look further into this case. This woman and her partner are VERY deliberately anti-social, -playing loud music at all hours of the night too. They have no respect whatsoever for their community and living next door to them is an absolute nightmare.

I'm delighted she was taken to task for this. People like her ought to be reminded that common courtesy works both ways.

Never mind ASBO's - National Service will sort 'em out. Bring it back.

No, the ASBO wasn't because of her having sex, it was that she was breaching something she'd already been warned on - to keep it down. Her anti-social behaviour came from the fact that she had completely disregarded her neighbours. Most houses in Britain are attached to another, so there would've been a very high chance that the family next to her would've heard her. I may like having sex, but I sure as shit don't want to hear you having it (nor directed at you, manderlyh).

There have been a few instances where neighbours have been given ASBO's for playing loud music constantly. The song isn't what warrants the ASBO, it's the level of noise and complete disregard for fellow neighbours. That's really what the ASBO is about in terms of anti-social behaviour, not the sex. We're not that prudish.

Absolutely spot on.

If half of you who are saying this is ridiculous lived next door to her, you'd soon change your tunes.

Hi LDW,

The trouble is not with Kids getting them, its that getting one hightens your street "Cred" so all the little tearaways want them, and the more the merrier.

Regards, Danny

caning1.jpg

Not if repeated ASBOs came with canings.

That would cure the little fuckers.... :D

And....It would allow some to be better neighbors. :yesnod:

Psh. That's just neighbors who need to get laid :rolleyes:. Or maybe it's the husbands trying to shut her up because, they can't make their wives be that loud. Or maybe it's the wives trying to shut her up because, they're just that jealous. Some women do scream at 3am for all the right reasons haha :P . Just sayin..

From Mel Brook's Young Frankenstein -- Watch This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWrCf7rAytc

I remember once when I was about 20ish, I met this girl at Mardi-Gras and we ended up in a storage building behind a club with loud music and the noise of a packed French Quarter.

Well someone was on to us and when we came out . . .

Reminds me of the Cheech & Chong movie where the van is rocking, and when he comes out with the girl, the people hanging out on the street all start appaulding. :yesnod:

caning1.jpg

Not if repeated ASBOs came with canings.

That would cure the little fuckers.... :D

And....It would allow some to be better neighbors. :yesnod:

Down Rover,

Over here in England we have signed up to the Human Rights Charted, and that says you cant Cane or use Corporal Punishment on anyone. And our society went down hill fast from there on.

And thats exactly what the kids want, they treat the asbos like medals, the more you have the more respect your friends give you. LDW was spot on when she said the government should reintroduce National Service in to the armed forces, when the Government stoped this in the 60s our society started on its great downward spiral.

Just think of the good 2.5 million English teenagers could do around the world, helping to dig wells and other social projects rather than standing on street corners causing trouble, and it would also give them the life skills that otherwise they dont recieve.

As for the topic of this thread, i would rather have to listen to two people enjoying the only free thing left in life than the two dogs barking 24/7 that i have too now, but 30 years of a woman screaming, well most of us men have had to put up with much worse from our wives, and we cant get a judge to put an asbo on our "Nearest and Dearest" however hard we try. :lol:

Regards, Danny

Really, you need to look further into this case. This woman and her partner are VERY deliberately anti-social, -playing loud music at all hours of the night too. They have no respect whatsoever for their community and living next door to them is an absolute nightmare.

I'm delighted she was taken to task for this. People like her ought to be reminded that common courtesy works both ways.

I'm guessing I didn't read the article close enough.

I can totally see people being held accountable for being loud all the time, since that seems to be the case.

It would not be fun living next to people who party at all hours of the night, so I'm sure that the loud sex is just the icing on the cake.

I still hope that no one ever calls the cops on me for the latter offense--that would be a bit embarrassing, even if I was being obnoxious, LOL.

I still hope that no one ever calls the cops on me for the latter offense--that would be a bit embarrassing, even if I was being obnoxious, LOL.

:lol:

I don't know if there was more in the links for you to read or not Manders - I just have personally read a lot about this because I know someone who lives on this woman's estate, who has been telling me for a long time about what a nightmare she is.

Reminds me of the Cheech & Chong movie where the van is rocking, and when he comes out with the girl, the people hanging out on the street all start appaulding. :yesnod:

At least New Orleans' Finest weren't waiting on us :D

anopd-1.jpg

aloosewomen.jpg

This is extremely stupid. Hoe are you going to keep your wife/girlfriend from absolutely loving it? Tell her to shut up so you dont get a ticket? yea right.

Its not stupid, honestly - there is much more to it than just that.

This is extremely stupid. Hoe are you going to keep your wife/girlfriend from absolutely loving it? Tell her to shut up so you dont get a ticket? yea right.

Hi 'JimmyPageZoSo56'

Only give her what she needs, not what she wants, and keep lovemaking to a minimum, you both could get hooked. This applies to all things in life when you are talking about "La femme". :D

Regards, Danny

Yes. It's as simple as that :rolleyes:

The only thing that's extremely stupid is that half the people calling the ASBO 'stupid' don't appear to have actually read the article regarding it.

Sex didn't warrant the ASBO, the fact that she was told to keep it down repeatedly - and she didn't - did. Consideration goes a long way. She appears to have none.

You can dismiss the occasional moan and groan, but would you want to say, 'Oh, she's loving it', when it's constantly happening in the early hours of the morning? You'd think, 'Shut the fuck up and let me sleep'. And, as Knebby said, she constantly played loud music as well, so having loud sex was the icing on the cake. It's no more different than a neighbour who plays their telly too loud, or blasts their stereo up, or heckles their neighbours, etc. It's only anti-social in that she repeatedly breached the request to consider others and keep it down.

Someone probably told Led Zeppelin to keep it down as well. That's why they turned out to be a nice, quiet band.

How Many More Times for instance, is a perfect example of a pleasant, soothing, hushed ballad from the group.

I'm certainly happy that Robert Plant doesn't do any more of that loud stuff. Very reassuring that he came to his senses, saw the error of his ways and learned to properly toe the line. I'm very glad that you finally learned your lesson, Mr. Plant.

You can dismiss the occasional moan and groan, but would you want to say, 'Oh, she's loving it', when it's constantly happening in the early hours of the morning? You'd think, 'Shut the fuck up and let me sleep'. And, as Knebby said, she constantly played loud music as well, so having loud sex was the icing on the cake. It's no more different than a neighbour who plays their telly too loud, or blasts their stereo up, or heckles their neighbours, etc. It's only anti-social in that she repeatedly breached the request to consider others and keep it down.

You might think that the loud music would mask the excessive yealling during sex that was happening.

The first time I heard the loud moaning and groaning, I would think it amusing......

But.... night after night..... It would seem offensive, and NOT amusing.

We live a townhome, so thankfully our wall does not adjoin the bedroom of the neighbor next door...

Do you recall the movie where Michael Fox overhears the neighbors getting it on, and as the neighbors climax... Michael pops a bottle of champagne to acknowledge the occasion ? ?

Well, the neighbors of the lady who got the ASBO, were not so amused....

That must have been so terrible for them.

I would imagine that is a rather inhibiting place to live.

The housing design must not be very modern to allow noise to travel so much that the neighbors become so inquisitive about one's private sex life, so much so that they drag a woman off to court and publicly air a recording of her having sex as evidence against her.

If only she could earn a sufficient income off the recording and move to a more private domain where the neighbors would not be so exposed to the sounds coming from her bedroom.

But alas, it seems there is nowhere in England that is safe for her to be herself.

'Tis a harsh world, and now she forever wears the scarlet letters of ASBO, unfortunately labelling her as anti-social.

If only she were a robot instead of a human being, then sex would be simplified. Just follow the directions.

She should also countersue for rights to the recording of her that was probably made without her permission. She ought to benefit in some way instead of just getting kicked in the face by her dear neighbors.

Absolutely spot on.

If half of you who are saying this is ridiculous lived next door to her, you'd soon change your tunes.

I've had neighbors like that who are inexcusably loud with music and parties and such and it is no picnic at all. Or in my building we've had people who scream and yell at each other and if you bang on their door to tell them to be quiet, they tell you to f**k off. I wish we had a law like what you have for situations like this. Sadly the cops if called, just tell them to keep quiet - a slap on the wrist basically which does no good.

Archived