"Operator" from 66 to Timbuktu

infidel

I absolutley adore the quality of Robert's voice and his singing on this pre-Zeppelin track. I think it was done with Alexis Korner if my aging brain cells are still firing. My question is, is this track a one off or is there more? Official? Bootleg? Outtakes? Anything?

Bueller? B)

Any other info you know about how it came about would be interesting, too.

I absolutley adore the quality of Robert's voice and his singing on this pre-Zeppelin track. I think it was done with Alexis Korner if my aging brain cells are still firing. My question is, is this track a one off or is there more? Official? Bootleg? Outtakes? Anything?

Bueller? B)

There is a cd called 66 to tinbuk two...it has several pre-zep tunes on it.

W/ the group Listen, there is You better Run, and Everybody's Gonna Say, both from Oct 66

There's his solo CBS single w/ Our Song, and Laughin' Crying Laughin' from march 67

Then a release w/ Plant (Bonzo's on it too) w/ Long Time Coming, and I've Got A Secret from Sep 67

Then the Band Of Joy stuff, w/ For What It's Worth, Got To Find My baby, and Hey Joe, from 68

then W/ Alexis Corner, there is Operator, and Steal Away. both 68

all of which were available on a boot titled Pre Zep 64-68.....out LONG before Plant relased some of them officially. They also contain Page's and JPJ's early solo works, and some pre Zep band collaborations....like a great blues medley w/ PJ Proby.

I LOVE Plant's singing on this early stuff. A real soul crooner if I ever heard one.

Bueller? B)

You can find some of his other pre-zep stuff on the bootleg Cabala. It's pretty easy to hunt down.

Archived