Pink covers Led Zeppelin in UK tour

Sorry if this has been posted.

I went to see P!nk on Wednesday at Liverpool and she asked the crowed if there were any Led Zep fans.

The crowd went wild.

She then sang Baby Im Gonna Leave You

I thought she did a good job

There are a few Videos on You Tube. I just picked the 1st.

?

We all know it was written by Joan Baez but the best "known" version is by Zep.

Actually it was written by Anne Bredon. I think she receives a credit onMothership CD for the song

• 2 weeks later...
Do you own a copy of the first album????????????????????

Yes, I do. On my copy it's listed as a Traditional tune "arranged by Jimmy Page". AllMusic.com credits the original songwriters as"Bennett, Bredon, Darling".

Yes, I do. On my copy it's listed as a Traditional tune "arranged by Jimmy Page". AllMusic.com credits the original songwriters as"Bennett, Bredon, Darling".

pink is awsome lotta of energy never thought she was that good she is on my list of favorites now

Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Guitar dude did a grand job :thumbsup:

I'm like nine, like her voice but not so much the material. That "party started" song drives me nuts!

I'd love to hear her belt out some great rock tunes :)

Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Guitar dude did a grand job :thumbsup:

I'm like nine, like her voice but not so much the material. That "party started" song drives me nuts!

I'd love to hear her belt out some great rock tunes :)

Me too!

She's got a rocker voice (and should stop with the pop stuff , but I know that is her bread and butter).

Justin did a good job on the guitar work/ solo, too.

R B)

Pink's voice is so well suited for rock and R&B based music it aint even funny.

She's the real deal. Unfortunately, they turned her into a Pop Star right out of the gate.

This girl could sing anything and make it sound great. Plus, she's one hell of a performer.

I don't care at all for Retchin' Wilson but when she was on VH1 Honors for Heart it showed her true calling may actually be rock n' roll. Then again, most of what is popular on "country" music radio these days is little more than thinly disguised rock and Southern rock from the 70s (though it's extremely poorly executed).

lets not get carried away with the whole thing of being a cover completely.. robert added some lines and a different melody and christ pages electric riff and the bassline is why 25 or 6 to 4 exists by chicago.. that is an original tune there original original musicianship.. i dont look at 'babe' as a strict cover... but joan baez halfway influenced pages arrangement of his acousic riff.. still not really the same.. to me zeppelin added a lot of new and original elements to the tune......and zeppelin didnt know who wrote it and baez incorrectly credited it traditional arr baez when in reality it was bredons song..so both incorrectly said traditional but the thing that needs to be said is zep didnt take credit for writing it so anyone here (hopefully not) trying to say it was stolen is out of their mind...i seen one guy on youtube who said zeppelin would have taken credit for the bible if noone noticed.. i mean people are getting rediculous.. zep did fail on a couple occasions to credit in the early early days but babe isnt intentionally one of them..

Archived