Pink covers Led Zeppelin in UK tour

Now THAT is a fuckin' great Zep cover! Much better than the the gay hairdresser's WLL on American Idol.

I'll be honest, when I saw this thread my eyes rolled like a slot machine and I braced myself for another shit attempt at Zep but I sat speechless as the clip rolled on. BRA fucking VO! Fantastic!

And an obscure track to pick as well. Brilliant!

Wow. The band was even good as well. Again, unlike the hack minstrels on AI.

I'm surprised the rumors haven't started about Pink joining the 3 J's yet. LOL

I give Pink 2 thumbs up for this one. Fuck Dave Grohl(always to have get that in) and the Poo Lighters. I wanna see Jimmy and JPJ join Pink onstage next!

If none of the members of Led Zeppelin had a hand in writing the original composition (musical, lyrical or otherwise), it's still a cover. Did they make it their own? No doubt but Johnny Cash did the same thing with Trent Reznor's Hurt, that doesn't change the fact that it's still a cover.

Somehow I remember reading that Pink wanted a collaboration with Robert but he said sorry he already had Alison by his side. I can't find the news now anyway. Can somebody confirm that for me or was I dreaming? :huh:

To add: Pink did a great job! Awesome, her voice is powerful.

If none of the members of Led Zeppelin had a hand in writing the original composition (musical, lyrical or otherwise), it's still a cover. Did they make it their own? No doubt but Johnny Cash did the same thing with Trent Reznor's Hurt, that doesn't change the fact that it's still a cover.

No real offense here but who cares? The thread is about Pink doing BIGLY, not a symposium on writing credits and cover song criteria.

You made your point a few posts ago. I don't see anyone disagreeing. I certainly don't.

:beer:

Somehow I remember reading that Pink wanted a collaboration with Robert but he said sorry he already had Alison by his side. I can't find the news now anyway. Can somebody confirm that for me or was I dreaming? :huh:

To add: Pink did a great job! Awesome, her voice is powerful.

Hmmm - sounds vaguely familiar but I can't for the life of me remember where I might have read it. Wouldn't be my first choice for a collaboration with him but that isn't to say I don't think she has a great voice.

No real offense here but who cares? The thread is about Pink doing BIGLY, not a symposium on writing credits and cover song criteria.

Like actual conversations, threads oftentimes veer off of the original topic and lead to the discussion of other things. In this instance Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You is referred to as a "cover" in the subject title.

You made your point a few posts ago. I don't see anyone disagreeing. I certainly don't.

:beer:

To the contrary, just a few posts back someone tried to make the case that Led Zeppelin brought new lyrics as well as a new musical arrangement to the original composition. While that may be the case, I was merely making the point that that doesn't change the fact that it is still a cover.

Like actual conversations, threads oftentimes veer off of the original topic and lead to the discussion of other things. In this instance Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You is referred to as a "cover" in the subject title.

To the contrary, just a few posts back someone tried to make the case that Led Zeppelin brought new lyrics as well as a new musical arrangement to the original composition. While that may be the case, I was merely making the point that that doesn't change the fact that it is still a cover.

You're just trying to act like a smartass now, just drop it, we got the point. Go make a new thread if you care about the orignal credits so much.

You're just trying to act like a smartass now, just drop it, we got the point. Go make a new thread if you care about the orignal credits so much.

Not at all. Why start a new thread when it's this one that referred to Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You as a cover.

Not at all. Why start a new thread when it's this one that referred to Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You as a cover.

Its more than obvious that Pink was covering Led Zeppelins 'version' of BIGLY,

what does who originally wrote it have to do with the thread .... not a damn thing.

Not one of your posts has had anything to do with the topic of this thread yet,

instead, you've chosen to make it about your dislike of "Retchin Wilson" or your disapproval of "country music radio" or who has writing credits or not,

and my personal favorite:

"Not sure where the thread is but Otto did quite a bang up job on the research into the history of the song. It's well worth reading if you haven't done so already."

Just say it, you don't like Pink. No big deal.

Its more than obvious that Pink was covering Led Zeppelins 'version' of BIGLY,

what does who originally wrote it have to do with the thread .... not a damn thing.

Not one of your posts has had anything to do with the topic of this thread yet,

instead, you've chosen to make it about your dislike of "Retchin Wilson" or your disapproval of "country music radio" or who has writing credits or not,

and my personal favorite:

"Not sure where the thread is but Otto did quite a bang up job on the research into the history of the song. It's well worth reading if you haven't done so already."

Just say it, you don't like Pink. No big deal.

My replies don't have anything to do with my like or dislike of Pink. My response has to do with the subject line of the thread referring to Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You as a Led Zeppelin "cover". That has everything to do with the topic of the thread. While you're policing whether I'm on topic or not, so does Retchin' Wilson singing a Heart song because it has also has do with someone singing a cover. And my reference to Otto's research into the history of Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You also has to do with the topic at hand. It should be required reading, especially for those that think the song is a Led Zeppelin original as well as fans of the song in general.

My replies don't have anything to do with my like or dislike of Pink. My response has to do with the subject line of the thread referring to Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You as a Led Zeppelin "cover". And my reference to Otto's research into the history of Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You also has to do with the topic at hand. It should be required reading, especially for those that think the song is a Led Zeppelin original as well as fans of the song in general.

Take it easy professor, this isn't you're classroom.

Well evidently if the thread had read "Pink covers Bredon's BIGLY" we would've all been spared the seminar.

I'll say this......Zeppelin's version of BIGLY is one hell of an "original" "cover".

It's pretty obvious which version Pink was "covering". I can certainly understand why the poster mentioned the Zeppelin version. We're not all statisticians. I imagine most are just fans of the music.

Archived