Will Plant agree to 2nd show?

As we all know, Page & jones would do a world tour starting tomorrow if they could. The question is will Plant agree to any additional shows after 12/10? Or will he rain on the parade like he usually does?

Yeah, I've thought about that one. I think he's said many things over the last 27 years about what things he would or wouldn't do. On many occasions he's owned up to "eating his words". Stairway would never be performed again, only to give into the vibe of the moment and sing it.

I think Plants emotion as a singer is to go with the vibe, and if rehearsal have been going well and everyone's enjoying themselves, I think he would commit to another gig and possible tour. He doesn't want the media and others thinking he's doing it for any reasons like money, reliving past glories etc. If he's feeling up to it and enjoying life - why not?

As we all know, Page & jones would do a world tour starting tomorrow if they could. The question is will Plant agree to any additional shows after 12/10? Or will he rain on the parade like he usually does?

I have a feeling that his mind isn't completely made up about it. As mentioned before, he's changed his mind before. But, he may feel a responsibility to the Plant/Krauss project to shun a Zep tour. Allison Krauss' intervention may be our only hope. I'm not going to the O2 show :boohoo:

but I'm still anxious to hear how it comes off. If it turns out to be something really special, which I suspect it will, then maybe Plant/Krauss could be an opening act for you know who :thumbsup:

As I've alluded to in another thread I don't think RP will want to go down in history as the man who denied the world it's last Led Zep tour. With the amount of interest stirred up by The O2 I think he's duty bound to do a full tour.

I have a feeling that his mind isn't completely made up about it. As mentioned before, he's changed his mind before. But, he may feel a responsibility to the Plant/Krauss project to shun a Zep tour. Allison Krauss' intervention may be our only hope. I'm not going to the O2 show :boohoo:

but I'm still anxious to hear how it comes off. If it turns out to be something really special, which I suspect it will, then maybe Plant/Krauss could be an opening act for you know who :thumbsup:

Why not just bring Allison along too? It will Jonesy someone to play bluegrass with and drumroll please, it'll sure make it easier to do Battle of Evermore. I saw Heart do that last summer and they owned it. I'm sure Robert could get through it with Allison alright. ;)

I really hope Robert comes around. For some reaons he has chosen to distance himself from Zeppelin's legend, and concentrate on his solo career, which has had its moments. I see no shame in living off past accomplishments so long as your humble and i feel he should embrace the band and enjoy past good times, while also thrilling us fans. I read the interview Pagey game Guitar World, and he said it would be a shame if they didnt do more shows, and if thats the case perhaps they shouldnt have let the genie out of the bottle. Page might paint a negative portrait of Robert simply by his reluctance to please the fans. I hope it doesnt create any kind of rift between the two. They need that classic chemistry for the show, and hopefully more to come!

Robert Plant is very generous with audiences but he must also live with himself.

Thank you Robert for the Cadillac Commercial and the Coke commercial. However will you live with yourself for doing such wonderful things for your fans. :blink:

When they broke up in 1980 they said then they would never reform,

out of respect to John Henry Bonham, I think it is up to them really,if

they feel they want to - :) then go for it, but this maybe the only show

still showing respect to the forth member,who I am sure will be looking down

on the night upon them, and feeling exceptionally proud of his son Jason.

Why not just bring Allison along too? It will Jonesy someone to play bluegrass with and drumroll please, it'll sure make it easier to do Battle of Evermore. I saw Heart do that last summer and they owned it. I'm sure Robert could get through it with Allison alright. ;)

Yeah! That would have been something!

I don't have the highest expectations on getting to hear Battle of Evermore on December 10 but with Allison there it would sure lower the odds.

I saw Page and Plant in Detroit when they toured together. I thought it was great. THE ONLY THING THEY NEED TO GET OVER IS BOTH OF THEM WANT TO BE THE HEADLINER. Maybe playing together with Jones will solve that problem. By the way, the drummer they used then sounded the closed to Bonham yet. Lets hope his son can do the job. If not, it wont be a very good concert.

Well today's "Live Today" (a daily letter from ticketmaster) states that they will be touring the states in 2008.

I didn't see any news about a 2008 Led Zeppelin tour. Do you mean this? Led Zeppelin May Be Planning 2008 Tour

If so, it's in regards to the unsubstantiated MTV article.

I had the pleasure of seeing them twice including "The Song Remains The Same Tour" At Madison Square Garden.

Dang, you're a lucky ducky!

I've always had a lot of respect for Robert Plant for refusing to get dragged into a reunion against his wishes. He been out there creating new music, which is surely truer to the spirit of Zeppelin than any half-baked tour.

But, you know, this time, it just seems right.

Here's hoping!

I didn't see any news about a 2008 Led Zeppelin tour. Do you mean this? Led Zeppelin May Be Planning 2008 Tour

If so, it's in regards to the unsubstantiated MTV article.

Dang, you're a lucky ducky!

The news I saw was from a Ticketmaster email that I get every day. I don't think it had anything to do with MTV, but I will look back and see if I can fid it.

Yes, I was very lucky to see Zep back then. Here's something you'll find interesting, I only paid $6.50 for a ticket the first time I saw them and I was so close that I could see every drop of sweat coming off Robert Plant.

Archived