I need a little help with downloading..

Is it a zip file? If so, right click on it, click Extract All, and then it'll take you through a couple of steps (just press ok for all of them, making sure you know where it's going to save the unzipped files when it's done - the Desktop is a good place), and then a new folder will appear on your Desktop (if that's where you opted to save them) with your unzipped files in mp3 or wav or whatever format.

If it's not the zip file thing that's throwing you off, uh, I guess I'll have to hand this off to someone else!

Most files you download anymore are zipped, as FoD pointed out. So you need to unzip them. I use WinRAR for that, it works like a charm. Make sure you extract the files to the same place you saved it. For example, if you saved the .zip/.rar file in your My Music folder, that's where you should extract the files.

Now, if they're not zipped and they are individual tracks, what file extension are they? Most boots are in FLAC format, just because they're lossless and very high quality and for bootlegs you want the best quality possible to maximum the sound. You may not have the right media player to listen to them, which is why they're not playing.

Other than that, what can you tell us about the files? Maybe that'll enable us to help you better.

If you post a link to the files your trying to download it will be much easier to help. Include windows version your using and media player your on..well or Mac if that may be the case.

I would suggest trying another file as this one may be corrupt.

Edit: To include Apples :D

Edited by Mary Hartman

I got a message that came up saying,

You need to have the following volume to continue extraction:

Insert a disk with this volume and press "OK" to try again or press "Cancel" to break extraction...I keep puting in blank disks and nothing is working... Uhg.. I think I give up

Hmmmm.....maybe the boot is divided up into parts since the file size in total is too big. Did you download everything? I know that if the boot I'm downloading was split into 6 parts for example, I won't be able to extract any of the files until all 6 parts are downloaded. Then when I click "extract here", it'll automatically extract all files from all 6 parts and merge them together.

I echo what MH said, what is the location of the files you're trying to download? Maybe someone here can get it for you and rehost it to someplace more user-friendly.

Hmmmm.....maybe the boot is divided up into parts since the file size in total is too big. Did you download everything? I know that if the boot I'm downloading was split into 6 parts for example, I won't be able to extract any of the files until all 6 parts are downloaded. Then when I click "extract here", it'll automatically extract all files from all 6 parts and merge them together.

I echo what MH said, what is the location of the files you're trying to download? Maybe someone here can get it for you and rehost it to someplace more user-friendly.

Omg lol youre right, I downloaded part of boot because it is split into parts..I didnt download everything, Ill do it now. I was getting them from here http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/

Thanks everyone for your help :D... Im horrible with technical things..

Omg lol youre right, I downloaded part of boot because it is split into parts..I didnt download everything, Ill do it now. I was getting them from here http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/

Thanks everyone for your help :D ... Im horrible with technical things..

That's where I get a lot of my boots from too, good to see you found it. It's such a great site, isn't it?

And great to hear you found out what the problem was! I knew it would be something easily fixable. Hope you enjoy it. :)

That's where I get a lot of my boots from too, good to see you found it. It's such a great site, isn't it?

And great to hear you found out what the problem was! I knew it would be something easily fixable. Hope you enjoy it. :)

:D It is a great site, thanks lol

Umm well how do you play FLAC files, because I cant get windows to play it..

I use something called Traders Little Helper (you can find the link to it via Google) which converts (decodes) FLAC files to mp3 format.

If you need any help using it just PM me and I'll try to talk you through it :)

I use something called Traders Little Helper (you can find the link to it via Google) which converts (decodes) FLAC files to mp3 format.

If you need any help using it just PM me and I'll try to talk you through it :)

Thank you :D

Quick question once you add all the files do you just hit the re-encode button?

Edited by theycallmethehunter

Thank you :D

Quick question once you add all the files do you just hit the re-encode button?

I have always clicked on "decode" and it works for me!

Format > decode audio files > Add

Add the files you want then click "Decode"

Good luck!

Download the VLC media player, it's free and it's not malware or shareware. I love it, it plays audio and video.

Thank you so much!!! Yay Im so happy its playing :D I love you lol

And is there anyway you can get those songs onto an ipod or something of off the VLC player? Or put the songs onto a cd?

Edited by theycallmethehunter

What do you do once you extracted all the files?...

Wait it said Windows media player cannot play the file... hmmm

Try here. There's a better place online but I think they took it down. Plus I quit burning boots so Electro will know better. I do know you need to do a conversion to get it to a wave file if you want it to play on all CD Players.

http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/09/26/how-t...les-in-windows/

And is there anyway you can get those songs onto an ipod or something of off the VLC player? Or put the songs onto a cd?

iTunes will convert the files into .aac format when you import them. Then you can put them on your iPod lickety-split. In fact, it'll convert any files that aren't already m4a or aac already.

To burn them to a CD, you would probably need to convert them to mp3 first. Most CD players....dare I say about 99% of them don't play anything other than mp3 or wma formatted files, as inconvenient as that may sound.

MP3's suck - don't do it.

Download this program: JetAudio

It is free and very useful. It will play the FLAC files on your computer, burn audio discs directly from FLAC format, and convert to other formats as needed.

For your Ipod, you can download Rockbox. It will allow your Ipod to play FLAC files.