Hendrix/Zeppelin connection

McSeven

I find that when I listen to both music by both artist. They give off the same mystical vibe.

Do any of you see similarities between Zep and Hendrix? Its kind of hard to like one, and not the other.

They both create a strong sonic soundscape with thier music. I feel like I am experiancing magic for the ears. Try listening to In My Time of Dying and Machine Gun back to back. Its totally a sonic experiance.

Do you have any Songs from both Hendrix and Zeppelin that are on the same parr?

All along the watch tower/Stairway to Heven. Foxy Lady/Black Dog. Thats the Way/The wind cried Mary. Fire/Communication breakdown.

Mc7

It's nice to compare Killing Floor by both artists (Or in Zeppelin jargon The Lemon Song)

The Hendrix version from Live at Monterey comes to mind, since I don't know if it was ever studio recorded by him.

I find that when I listen to both music by both artist. They give off the same mystical vibe.

Do any of you see similarities between Zep and Hendrix? Its kind of hard to like one, and not the other.

They both create a strong sonic soundscape with thier music. I feel like I am experiancing magic for the ears. Try listening to In My Time of Dying and Machine Gun back to back. Its totally a sonic experiance.

All along the watch tower/Stairway to Heven. Foxy Lady/Black Dog. Thats the Way/The wind cried Mary. Fire/Communication breakdown.

Mc7

How's it going "McSeven?" This is a very good question. I've never thought for a minute of comparing LED ZEPPELIN & JIMI HENDRIX because their music styles are so different. HENDRIX has always been considered Acid Rock while LED ZEPPELIN has always been considered Hard Rock or arguably early Heavy Metal. In my opinion, the only similarities that I see between the two respective bands are the Blues songs. However, the HENDRIX songs such as "Killer Floor," "In From The Storm," "Izabella," "I Don't Live Today," "Foxy Lady," "Fire," "Voodoo Child," "If 6 Was 9," "Little Wing," "Little Miss Lover," "Bold As Love," "Manic Depression" and "Midnight" to name a few, might have a hard ZEPPELIN sound to it. What do all of you think? ROCK ON!

Mc7

Mc7

True they both are mystical and...uh...dare i say "Groovy" ha

One of the most moving moments in Zep history is the Sept 19th 1970 recording at Madison Square Garden where Plant tells the poeple about the death of Jimi one day before and then dedicates a song to him.

One of the most moving moments in Zep history is the Sept 19th 1970 recording at Madison Square Garden where Plant tells the poeple about the death of Jimi one day before and then dedicates a song to him.

So then it's a dedication from a great singer to another.

Do you know which song it was?

Ah thanks.

Wonder if Robert ever said something about Janis. He talked about her in some interviews later.

How's it going "glicine?" As a matter fact, Robert really was into JANIS JOPLIN. When you really think about it, there are even similarities between both Robert's and Janis' singing styles. In reality, Robert Plant is the male Janis Joplin. Robert tries to sing just like her such as the high vocal ranges and the loud screams. Listen to both of them and see if it is the truth. I see some real similarities between the two, What do all of you think?

There very similar in some way's but no where near the same in other's, being the heavy Blue's influence, most all of the group's from that era where into Blues.

Maybe the "sound" your referring to is the fact that they where both using Eddy Kramer as there studio engineer in the early day's.

Ah thanks.

Wonder if Robert ever said something about Janis. He talked about her in some interviews later.

Zep were not on the road at the time of Janis' passing, but I'm sure, if they were, Robert would've said something.

And as for the Zep/Hendrix connection, it's just too bad no jam sessions ever occured, I salivate at the thought of Jones/ Bonham / Hendrix

Zep were not on the road at the time of Janis' passing, but I'm sure, if they were, Robert would've said something.

And as for the Zep/Hendrix connection, it's just too bad no jam sessions ever occured, I salivate at the thought of Jones/ Bonham / Hendrix

Some people claim Jimmy got his style from Jimi but I tend to disagree since JP had been doing session work before JH became a star. There is a somewhat similar sound in some of the tunes in Zep II.

Also, didn't Carmen Appice claim Hendrix hated Zep's style of blues?

I don't believe it for some reason. JH supposedly was impressed with Bonzo though and called him "the rabbit" due to his amazing bass-drum playing.

Its kind of hard to like one, and not the other.

My girlfriend loves Led Zeppelin but I could never get her into Hendrix. Beyond 1 or 2 songs she finds Hendrix irritating/annoying.

Archived