Led Zepagain in the Pacific Northwest this month

Steve Z(oso)

We're happy to announce our first trek up to the Pacific Northwest US this month. Catch us at:

5/28: WOW Hall, Eugene, OR (Tribute to the Yardbirds opening!)

5/29: Showbox at the Market, Seattle, WA

5/30: The Aladdin Theater, Portland, OR

More info on these shows with links to the venues are on our UPCOMING GIGS page, as well as our usual crop of Southern CA shows.

Hope to see some of you there!

3448352879_558baf825e.jpg

Official Press Release:

LED ZEPAGAIN

CONSIDERED THE BEST LED ZEPPELIN TRIBUTE BAND

EVEN BY JIMMY PAGE

CONTINUES TO TOUR

MUCH TO THE EXCITEMENT OF LONGTIME ZEPPELIN FANS

Speculation ran wild throughout 2008 about a full-on Led Zeppelin reunion tour in the wake of a blazing performance by the three surviving band members with drummer Jason Bonham—filling the role of his father, John Bonham, who died at age 32 in 1980—at the 2007 tribute concert for Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun.

Now that the dust has settled and it’s clear that Bonham, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones will not be officially reuniting, Zep fans are more excited than ever about the next best thing: Led Zepagain, renowned as the best re-enactment band of Led Zeppelin ever.

Founding Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has long heaped praise on Led Zepagain, whose members include Swan Montgomery (Plant), Jim Wootten (Jones), Steve Zukowsky (Page) and Jim Kersey (Bonham).

“It’s amazing how much you sound like us,” says Page. “You must have grown up on this because you were inside the music, and you paid attention to detail in your presentation...I can tell you guys really love the music!”

Recently at the House Of Blues Sunset Strip in Hollywood, Jason Bonham rocked the house as he jammed with the band during their rousing second encore performance of “Rock and Roll.”

One of the fans singing and rocking along at the HOB was Jerry Greenberg, who worked closely with Led Zeppelin when he was President of Atlantic Records in the 1970s.

For more information on Led Zepagain, please visit www.zepagain.com.

• 2 weeks later...
I`m interested as well. Vancouver, B.C. We`ve seen Micheal White and the White enough. They`re good too. Just be neat to see some new blood.

And they always play the Commodore and I'm not 19 yet ... :(

And they always play the Commodore and I'm not 19 yet ... :(

Fake ID my boy !!! A guy has alway's got to have some of that :D

Awesome! I'll try my best to make the Seattle show.

Was thinking the same thing. That's a Fri night if I'm not mistaken

Was thinking the same thing. That's a Fri night if I'm not mistaken

Thanks Angel & ally, hope to see you both there!

And thanks Jamie, see you in Los Gatos!

As for Vancouver, we are definitely looking into it. We weren't able to get it worked out this trip up north, but hopefully, next time.

Thanks for all the interest, and please spread the word for us!

Thanks Angel & ally, hope to see you both there!

And thanks Jamie, see you in Los Gatos!

As for Vancouver, we are definitely looking into it. We weren't able to get it worked out this trip up north, but hopefully, next time.

Thanks for all the interest, and please spread the word for us!

Will do Steve and with any luck, we'll see ya on the 29th :wave:

Checked out these guy's web site the other day and was impressed by there look and stage show in the video I watched. Out of all the Led Zeppelin trbute band's video's I looked at, this group had it prity darn close to what I hear on the real thing. Drum's and Bass was the most convincing part.

It would be worth seeing if it was around your area.

Checked out these guy's web site the other day and was impressed by there look and stage show in the video I watched. Out of all the Led Zeppelin trbute band's video's I looked at, this group had it prity darn close to what I hear on the real thing. Drum's and Bass was the most convincing part.

Have ticket, will travel :D

Do yourself a favor and go see this band, you won't be dissapointed! Can't wait till they return to L.A.

I saw these guys at the Showbox in Seattle on the 29th. Overall, glad I went. Fun time.

The Good: These dudes understand how crucial the right miking and mixing on the rhythm section were to Zep's sound. Great bottom end to the mix, and that goes a long way to recreate the Zep experience. The lead singer, Swan, channels Plant's strutting and stances very well. It looked mostly like Robert vintage 72-73. Pagey looked more like 73-75 Page. Bonham was early 70's, like Plant. I'm not exactly sure what Jones was. Maybe a mixture of early 70's hair length, early-mid 70's clothes, and hair color I don't think I ever saw on JPJ ;)

Energy and enthusiasm level were great. Good mix of early, mid and later tunes. In My Time of Dying was a highlight. Stuck mostly to the book--not a lot of extended jamming. Dazed and Confused was much closer to the album than to a 25-45 minute Zep Wanderfest, for example.

The Not Quite as Good: This gig reminded me just how unique Robert's voice, and power, really were. Swan did his best, but especially in the upper registers his voice comes across more strangled, more like AC/DC then Zep. He also has the occasional tendency to syncopate his lyrics in some strange ways--it's not that Robert didn't change up in concert, either, but sometimes Swan sounded almost as if he were singing in a different language, or at least with a different accent.

But asking Swan, or anybody really, to duplicate the power and balls of a younger Plant is just unfair. And it's equally unfair to try to make these guys out as a group to be "better than the original". That's just nuts. They are not a copy, but they are a tribute, and as a tribute I dug their sound, their energy, their obvious respect for Zep and their dedication to Zep's memory. I left the show reminded how great Zeppelin was, not thinking about how Zepagain wasn't the same band. And that's ultimately the test for a tribute band, in my view.

If they come up again, I'll see them again. And that's the first Zep tribute band I've seen that I've said that about.

Did buy a ticket but sadly due to circumstance, I couldn't get down to the show. Hope you guy's make it back to the area soon Steve. BTW, your ticket prices, $15, are more than reasonable !!!

ally, so sorry you couldn't make it down for the show! Hopefully, we'll make it up to Vancouver soon.

A Traveler, thanks for the honest review, always nice to get feedback like that. As for Swan's "accent," he is originally from Ireland, so that's part of it!

We were going to do a more extended version of "Dazed," (including 'San Francisco') which we did in Eugene the night before & Portland the night after, but just before that, during the drum solo, we were told the venue had a 12:30 curfew. So we had to cut that short, as well as ditch our planned encore medley.

And you're right, the whole point IS to show how great the mighty Zep was, and to keep that memory alive!

reids, no, we don't have any DVD's of us, but there's lots of stuff on YouTube that people have posted.

ally, so sorry you couldn't make it down for the show! Hopefully, we'll make it up to Vancouver soon.

A Traveler, thanks for the honest review, always nice to get feedback like that. As for Swan's "accent," he is originally from Ireland, so that's part of it!

We were going to do a more extended version of "Dazed," (including 'San Francisco') which we did in Eugene the night before & Portland the night after, but just before that, during the drum solo, we were told the venue had a 12:30 curfew. So we had to cut that short, as well as ditch our planned encore medley.

And you're right, the whole point IS to show how great the mighty Zep was, and to keep that memory alive!

reids, no, we don't have any DVD's of us, but there's lots of stuff on YouTube that people have posted.

I'm sorry too Steve. Couldn't be avoided though.

Look forward to seeing you up here soon. The Red Robinson or the River Rock theatres I would think.

Believe it or not, the River Rock has way better acoustics

And oddly enough, I have a 4 minute voice mail of Moby Dick an enthusiastic fan left me at 02:45 am EST! :D

These guys are the shit!!! It's no wonder Jimmy went to see them and I got to meet them @ O2!!

East Coast Steve...East Coast!!!

Archived