Adam Lambert sings WLL on American Idol

zep4ever

We'll see what happens this week with the final. I could be wrong, but I think the finalists chose their own material now. Not sure if there is any theme to it. I actually liked Adam's version of WLL. At least he was original and didn't sing it exactly like Zep's studio version. Always good to improvise and that makes you unique as Adam is. Sometimes he nails his improvising and sometimes not. Always good to try things out and you learn from that to be better the next time. Either way, I think we'll be hearing from him for years. He's creative and that's a positive to have you own distinct style, unlike much of the music today.

Actually, now that I think about it, last year the 2 Davids had one of their songs chosen for them by Clive Davis. Whether they will do that this year, who knows?? Guess we find out tomorrow night.

I agree with what you said about Adam. However, that being said, I still think he is better off to be runner up--I think he would do BETTER if he isn't chained to the Idol "mold". And Kris would be much more suited to the Idol "mold", I think. He would be a better fit, I think, as the "Idol", and then Adam could get as creative as he wanted on his album and do whatever he wanted to....

Sharon

I agree with what you said about Adam. However, that being said, I still think he is better off to be runner up--I think he would do BETTER if he isn't chained to the Idol "mold". And Kris would be much more suited to the Idol "mold", I think. He would be a better fit, I think, as the "Idol", and then Adam could get as creative as he wanted on his album and do whatever he wanted to....

Sharon

That's an excellent point. What I've heard is that AI owns the rights to you certainly for your first release. I know that for anyone in the top ten and that you have to do the AI tour. They decide what goes on your first album.

Can anyone supply more specifics on the particulars and legalities of this?

That's an excellent point. What I've heard is that AI owns the rights to you certainly for your first release. I know that for anyone in the top ten and that you have to do the AI tour. They decide what goes on your first album.

I would assume they sign a contract which the terms are stated so from that standpoint, it's totally legal but not being a fan of the show, I don't know the exact details.

I don't know the exact legalities/etc., but I know that they have lots of control over who wins. that being said, though, I DO think things have changed a bit as of last season, as David Cook had LOTS more control over what he put out, and wrote or co-wrote 10 of the 12 songs. ALSO...I think that since Clive Davis isn't involved anymore (as of last season), that they are having more leeway, too, or so it seems. So overall it may be less restrictive than it used to be, IF it continues like it did for David Cook.

Sharon

is anyone out there warching Idol right now? i am baffled by why the judges are so over the top for adam. i think kris is ten times the authentic artist that adam is. adam's whole act is exactly that...a theatrical act. the screaming, the tongue, the makeup, the theatrics.....why is this all being thought of as extreme talent?

is anyone out there warching Idol right now? i am baffled by why the judges are so over the top for adam. i think kris is ten times the authentic artist that adam is. adam's whole act is exactly that...a theatrical act. the screaming, the tongue, the makeup, the theatrics.....why is this all being thought of as extreme talent?

Hi Misty!

Just got done watching the whole thing. I actually thought they BOTH had really good nights tonight...i thought Adam was DEFINITELY more toned down as far as his screaming in the songs tonight...that is the one thing I hate is when he gets all screechy. And I must admit, I do love the way he did Mad World tonight. I was more like "WTF??" with Simon's comments about it (being like Phantom/theatical/the coat/etc....I mean, the COAT!??! come on.....)

I also thought Kris was really good tonight...and again, I liked his second song (the Marvin Gaye one), and couldn't understand why the judges were so-so towards it.

I do agree with you that Adam seems a lot like just an act to me...not authentic/from the heart and soul. Guess that is all those years of theater. Kris is DEF more genuine.

I dunno...I guess there are things about both of them that I like, so it will be interesting to see how it all pans out!!!!!

Sharon

I wouldn't say Axl Rose sucks as a singer.

But you said something exactly what I was wondering all the time. A lot of people(and posters here) said he sounded like Robert Plant, but I didn't get it at all...

Actually you're right. Axil Rose doesn't suck as a singer. I guess I just couldn't hear that voice immitating Robert.

And I don't get it either. Some people obviously are not quite aware of the quality and uniqueness of Roberts voice.

I cant believe people are discussing American Idol??? People still watch that crap?

Seriously, this does not belong in the Led Zeppelin news section. Please take it somewhere else.

I voted for Adam. :D

Oh well, Adam didn't win, but congrats to Kris though! I think they will both do just fine. Wow, what a finale! That had to be one of the most exciting I can remember. What a diverse line-up of performers and lots of surprises.

You really think American Idol is zeppelin news???

The thread started because Adam Lambert sang "Whole Lotta Love" on the show a couple of weeks back and it went on from there. Like Ninelives said, if the mods had an issue with it being in this section, they would have moved it by now.

Edit to add: Oh, Nine I was just saying the same thing but it looks like you beat me to it, LOL. :D

The thread started because Adam Lambert sang "Whole Lotta Love" on the show a couple of weeks back and it went on from there. Like Ninelives said, if the mods had an issue with it being in this section, they would have moved it by now.

Edit to add: Oh, Nine I was just saying the same thing but it looks like you beat me to it, LOL. :D

I sang a led zeppelin song in the shower this morning. I will write about it tomorrow and place it in the news section. Why do you all watch this tv crap???

I think it deserves to be in the news section. It was the first time AI did a Zeppelin song. In what like 8 seasons or something? It's news.

And I'm happy Kris won, I like Adam too, but I think if I had to choose an artist to listen to, it would be Kris over Adam. That's why I voted for him. :D

you really dont get the point. good luck

Sorry, I think it's you who've missed the point about the Zeppelin connection which is the reason for this thread's placement. The discussion grew from that point. Whether you like the show in question or not is totally irrelevant.

Archived