Adam Lambert sings WLL on American Idol

zep4ever

Man, I thought it was AWFUL. This guy just shrieks like a tomcat with its balls caught in a vice. He's not a tenth the rocker Plant is. Blasphemy to all of these people I've heard say that Lambert's performance is better than Plant. (Not here; real life.)

I'm glad Kris won. He does more than scream and wear makeup. He's actually, like, a musician? He also doesn't have the audacity to think that he can rule all these classic rock songs.

Sorry, I think it's you who've missed the point about the Zeppelin connection which is the reason for this thread's placement. The discussion grew from that point. Whether you like the show in question or not is totally irrelevant.

Nicely said. ;)

Man, I thought it was AWFUL. This guy just shrieks like a tomcat with its balls caught in a vice. He's not a tenth the rocker Plant is. Blasphemy to all of these people I've heard say that Lambert's performance is better than Plant. (Not here; real life.)

I'm glad Kris won. He does more than scream and wear makeup. He's actually, like, a musician? He also doesn't have the audacity to think that he can rule all these classic rock songs.

Agreed!!!! :D

I think the entire season 8 of AI was nothing but a showcase for Adam Lambert.

Simon contacts Led Zeppelin's management to get approval for Adam to sing "Whole Lotta Love", last week.

He also contacts Bono personally to get special permission for Adam to sing U2's,"One", the week before.

Now, on to last night:

Interesting that both Queen and KISS appeared on AI's Season 8 Finale.

Gene Simmons said months ago (as reported on kissonline.com) that Queen may be joining them on their 35th anniversary tour in the US this summer into 2009. Both groups released their first albums back in 1973.

Now that Paul Rodgers has parted amicably with Queen (as of a few weeks ago), who would be singing for Queen?

Maybe, ... Adam Lambert (since he didn't "win" last night)?

Who knows???

Or, could Adam Lambert be Paul Stanley's future replacement (as Gene and Paul both stated that there could possibly be a KISS without any of the original 4 members sometime in the future).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ROaNpi4vQ

Queen (Brian May And Roger Taylor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoEBdbY5Cas

Kiss

We'll see...

R B)

Now that Paul Rodgers has parted amicably with Queen (as of a few weeks ago), who would be singing for Queen?

Maybe, ... Adam Lambert (since he didn't "win" last night)?

Who knows???

I hope not.

We'll see, but I think that Adam will probably be the next singer to be with Queen + ............

He's got a younger fan base, can sing the high notes and with power.

R B)

I sang a led zeppelin song in the shower this morning. I will write about it tomorrow and place it in the news section. Why do you all watch this tv crap???

LOL!!! :D

We'll see, but I think that Adam will probably be the next singer to be with Queen + ............

just finished watching it on this side of the pond and was was pretty impressed with adam's performance...what other singer can you think of that could pull off an appearance with both KISS and queen??? and for that matter, what the hell were they doing on american idol in the first place?...adam?

that said...i really don't want to see him re-hashing queen hits...would much prefer that he go out on his own and impress us with something new and original...today's music leaves a lot to be desired...we neeeeeed something different!

finally...what the hell happened to rod stewart?...looked straight off night of the living dead... :blink:

R B)

You never know, he did do a great job I thought. Even though he didn't win, I think he will still have a successful career. There have been a few that didn't win the Idol crown, such as Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Clay Aiken and Kellie Pickler for example, however they still went on to have successful careers, even more so than those that won in their season. It will be interesting to see what Adam does next.

finally...what the hell happened to rod stewart?...looked straight off night of the living dead... :blink:

Yeah, it was nice to see Rod but he looked like he may have been tired or something! Like I said earlier, that was an exciting finale with all those great musical guests.

I liked Adam better with Kiss than with Queen, although I'd long wanted to see him sing a Queen song. I had that thought too, wondering about him joining Queen; it will be interesting to see if that develops into anything!

I have to ask though; what was he wearing on his shoulders? :blink: My husband and I initially thought he had black wings on, but it was some other sort of shoulder outline thingamabob?

I liked Adam better with Kiss than with Queen, although I'd long wanted to see him sing a Queen song. I had that thought too, wondering about him joining Queen; it will be interesting to see if that develops into anything!

I have to ask though; what was he wearing on his shoulders? :blink: My husband and I initially thought he had black wings on, but it was some other sort of shoulder outline thingamabob?

I was wondering that too. That was one heck of an outfit, guess it was supposed to tie in with the Kiss outfits, LOL.

I was wondering that too. That was one heck of an outfit, guess it was supposed to tie in with the Kiss outfits, LOL.

:) Scary flashback last night to my days as an 11 year old Kiss fan in the 70s, lol!

Enjoyable finale show last night! Brother---who DIDN'T they have on last night?!? :blink: Made for a fun night, tho.

Am still a little back and forth on the results, but I think Adam will do BETTER to NOT have won the title. Will be interesting to see what happens to both he and Kris in the long run.

Who's going to the Idol tour???!!!??? :)

Sharon

Anyone else catch his performance? (Yes, I admit that I watch American Idol LOL)

Pretty damn impressive and he hit all the notes.

Surprised because I didn't think the Zeppelin catalog was available for use by Idol.

ya i saw that i was like wow this guy doesnt actually listen to like paramore or something haha

and im sure if plant saw that performance it would of made him proud because it was really good

Archived