Adam Lambert sings WLL on American Idol

zep4ever

His new CD has several self-penned songs on it, and the cover above was something he came up with on the ride to the venue. He sprung it on the band a few minutes before they went on stage. It's all improv.

His new CD has several self-penned songs on it, and the cover above was something he came up with on the ride to the venue. He sprung it on the band a few minutes before they went on stage. It's all improv.

Thank you for resurecting this thread which I had forgotten I had contributed to. It should also be noted that Adam had only three months to make his album because 19 Entertainment wanted it out before Christmas, and he was also touring with the American Idols tour at the time and fitting in recording around this, so it's not surprising that there are songs written by other people such as Lady Gaga, Justin Hawkins and Muse on there, the songs he did co write himself are some of the best on the Album and suit him better than those written by the celebrity writers that were brought in to help him.

This is his own song Broken Open from the same concert.

Adam Lambert sounds like Richard Simmons to me and his whole "drag" look scares the hell outta me! HOW could anyone even remotely compare him to Robert or Freddie??? Obviously people who don't really KNOW their voices. They hear a high scream and say OH! Just like Robert Plant! Ugh.

• 4 weeks later...

Adam Lambert sounds like Richard Simmons to me and his whole "drag" look scares the hell outta me! HOW could anyone even remotely compare him to Robert or Freddie??? Obviously people who don't really KNOW their voices. They hear a high scream and say OH! Just like Robert Plant! Ugh.

Having seen both in concert, I can say unequivocally that Adam has serious potential. (I saw him outside of the Idol shows.) And Robert is beyond compare. But no one was comparing them.

Archived