Adam Lambert sings WLL on American Idol

zep4ever

However, I think that if someone could work with Adam on the issues of high vs. low range and when not to use it(or if he would listen, cause Slash tried to tell him) then things would greatly improve. He WOULD get you when he sings on those low notes. Cause the boy does have talent. However misguided.

Slash as one of the judges? (I never watched the show, sorry) That's great for an American Idol! ;) Just for that I wish I could have just one peep at it. :rolleyes:

The judges were over the top. One of them (sorry I don't watch AI and don't know her name, Paula?) said she "never thought a Zeppelin song could have been improved" before.

So Adam Lambert has improved Robert Plant's singing? Beyond laughable.

Ha ha, I guess, someone has to say crazy things like this on shows like that. :D In my country we also have shows like "Dancing with the Stars", something about singing :slapface: , so... I get the picture ;)

Slash as one of the judges? (I never watched the show, sorry) That's great for an American Idol! ;) Just for that I wish I could have just one peep at it. :rolleyes:

Slash is the mentor of this week if I remember correctly.

However, I think that if someone could work with Adam on the issues of high vs. low range and when not to use it(or if he would listen, cause Slash tried to tell him) then things would greatly improve. He WOULD get you when he sings on those low notes. Cause the boy does have talent. However misguided.

Maybe Robert and Alison will be the mentors for the semi finals next week... Who knows (they did just about win all of the Grammy's last year)...

R B)

I clicked the link because I don't watch AI. Fuckin' awful. He'd have been better off doing a Journey or Styx tune. Was Phil Collins drumming? I was getting a Live Aid flashback. I realize the main focus is on the "singer" but as a drummer I tend to notice when a drummer blows doing Zep.

He may have been able to hit the high notes, but he sounded like Axil Rose who SUCKS ASS.

In NO WAY DID HE SOUND LIKE ROBERT AT ALL.

Anyone who thinks he does, needs to have their ears checked.

Or......they obviously aren't familiar with his voice.

The whole idea of anyone else doing Zeppelin is laughable to me, but especially this guy who's trying to pull off some Emo/Punk thing. Yeah, just not working for me.

:thumbsup: Right on.

I missed his performance on TV but just saw it on YouTube, and I think he did a pretty good job! Especially towards the end, but I liked the whole performance too. I did catch his "Ring of Fire" when it first aired and thought it was absolutely brilliant... very Jeff Buckley-ish. Just listened to it again on YouTube and still think it's brilliant. The judge Simon hated it if I remember correctly, lol.

The boy's got talent!! :)

He may have been able to hit the high notes, but he sounded like Axil Rose who SUCKS ASS.

I wouldn't say Axl Rose sucks as a singer.

But you said something exactly what I was wondering all the time. A lot of people(and posters here) said he sounded like Robert Plant, but I didn't get it at all...

The whole idea of anyone else doing Zeppelin is laughable to me, but especially this guy who's trying to pull off some Emo/Punk thing. Yeah, just not working for me.

:yesnod: "Emotionless Emo" by Reswati, that was priceless!!!!

Here you are PLANT. Had to make you happy. He would not even open an eye at that preformance last light. But if he was really pissed he might think were are my mates lets show them how it is done and if they did forgive him which they would, as long as he signed " THE CONTRACT" they would destroy and control the domain known as ROCK AND ROLL. God I hate when I wake up from a dream.

Come again? :huh:

(perform)

Come again? :huh:

(perform)

yep, on my first reading I was totally out of touch, but after reading it today I realized that ADOC wished Led Zeppelin to get together and to show once again how a great song should be done. In doing so ADOC did not care to use a spellchecker... :blush: Just my wild guess...

yep, on my first reading I was totally out of touch, but after reading it today I realized that ADOC wished Led Zeppelin to get together and to show once again how a great song should be done. In doing so ADOC did not care to use a spellchecker... :blush: Just my wild guess...

:lol: You should get a job as forum interpreter.

I agree that Adam could have put a lot more into his performance. And HOW does Kara (or was it Paula) say he IMPROVED on a Zep song??! :blink::slapface: Jeeesh......

I mean, he was OK... but just that...OK. OK...I admit...I am too biased!! Loved the look/the outfit though. LOL!! :)

I have this feeling he is going to win the whole thing though......might as well just hand him the crown now!!

Sharon

I agree that Adam could have put a lot more into his performance. And HOW does Kara (or was it Paula) say he IMPROVED on a Zep song??! :blink::slapface: Jeeesh......

I mean, he was OK... but just that...OK. OK...I admit...I am too biased!! Loved the look/the outfit though. LOL!! :)

I have this feeling he is going to win the whole thing though......might as well just hand him the crown now!!

Sharon

I agree that Adam will win! I like how he changes his style every week. He said he loves Led Zeppelin! He rocked Whole Lotta Love! :yourock:

Well I think Adam is a good singer. I loved his Mad World version. But singing WLL...he hit the high notes alright but I felt he wasn't rock enough. I like a natural rock swagger from a rock singer. Maybe he did WLL justice but of course it wasn't anywhere near Robert's. Somebody wrote earlier that he would have been better off singing Journey's Loving, Touching, Squeezing. I agree. But I thought the duet with Allison rocked.

Oh, but the boy was declared nothing less than a rock God by one of the judges. :rolleyes:

I thought that judge needs to realize that a rock god status is not earned with 1 good rock performance.

:hysterical: yeah, I remember! I couldn't wait to check out the board opinions tonight. All in all I think Adam fared quite well. Of course, I think most of us agree...it's hard to be in Plant's league but...he didn't make an idiot of himself anyway. He's been my choice since day one. I love Allison too. I wish the girl with the pink hair made the cut, she had a great voice too. I think she would have made the finals.

OMG you are kidding right! This was like LZ the broadway musical! Liza Minelli doing her best Plant immatation! The band was kicking though!

All I heard was an Axl Rose attempting Led Zeppelin song. And seeing how Slash was right there why didn't he just do a Guns n Roses song??? Or at least try not to sound like Axl. Zeppelin was an odd choice for American Idol, I don't watch the show but I don't think they should have let him do that song.

All I heard was an Axl Rose attempting Led Zeppelin song. And seeing how Slash was right there why didn't he just do a Guns n Roses song??? Or at least try not to sound like Axl. Zeppelin was an odd choice for American Idol, I don't watch the show but I don't think they should have let him do that song.

Thank You! :thanku:

I had a chance to watch the video of Adam/WLL yesterday. There was a section he improvised that didn't work for me. But it's a minor criticism. I also watched Born to be Wild again, and I still think it was MUCH better than WLL: it has incredible momentum and energy, and the improvising & high notes work, for me anyway. I do think he sounds similar to Robert, at times, esp. on Ring of Fire. From the last few notes of Black or White, on the studio version, I don't know if I'd be able to tell them apart. I react differently to each guy, but I hear similarities.

It's very hit and miss which versions (of Adam's songs) to listen to. For example, on some songs, the vocals are better on the studio version than the live performance, but on several of the studio versions, the accompaniment/arrangements are so terrible they are unlistenable. I haven't listened to the studio version of WLL yet...will momentarily.

i think this guy just sucks, and both songs he did tonight were awful. and the judges kiss his ass. the whole thing makes me want to vomit.

kris allen was brilliant doing kanye west.

Archived