Led Zeppelin hints at follow-up after reunion gig

robertkincaid96

8 hours ago

LONDON (AFP) — Led Zeppelin could get together again for more projects after next week's long-awaited reunion gig, members of the iconic British rock band hinted in newly-published comments.

Guitarist Jimmy Page recounted his excitement when they first played together in preparation for their reunion next Monday, and warned that the group should not wait too long or they will "need Zimmer frames."

"I would like to keep this moving," he told Q music magazine's January edition, when asked if he would like to record some new material after the "one-off" concert at London's O2 Arena.

"I must say that after our initial get-together it was so exhilarating and fun that I did feel I would like to do more," he added.

Bassist John Paul Jones added: "I guess the door has been left slightly ajar. We'll have to see how we feel about it afterwards. Everybody's got to really want to do it."

Singer Robert Plant, the other surviving member of the original foursome, made no comment to the magazine.

He has hinted in other interviews that he has other projects on and would not be interested in a full-on reunion.

Page dismissed suggestions of tension between the former wildmen.

"People always go on about the bad blood between us, but we wouldn't be in the room together if there was that much bad blood," he said.

Now is the right time for the reunion, he said. "It's better for us to do it now than to wait for another 10 years when we really would need Zimmer frames to get onstage," he said.

More than one million people applied for the 20,000 tickets for the reunion gig by the hard-rocking band, which split in 1980 following the death of drummer John Bonham.

Plant, Page and Jones will be joined by Bonham's son Jason for next week's gig, which is a tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, the late founder of the Atlantic Records label, who signed the group in 1968.

The band has sold more than 300 million albums worldwide and the group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995.

Link

Zimmer Frame=A walker or walking frame is a tool for disabled people who need additional support to maintain balance or stability while walking :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_(tool)

8 hours ago

LONDON (AFP) — Led Zeppelin could get together again for more projects after next week's long-awaited reunion gig, members of the iconic British rock band hinted in newly-published comments.

Guitarist Jimmy Page recounted his excitement when they first played together in preparation for their reunion next Monday, and warned that the group should not wait too long or they will "need Zimmer frames."

"I would like to keep this moving," he told Q music magazine's January edition, when asked if he would like to record some new material after the "one-off" concert at London's O2 Arena.

"I must say that after our initial get-together it was so exhilarating and fun that I did feel I would like to do more," he added.

Bassist John Paul Jones added: "I guess the door has been left slightly ajar. We'll have to see how we feel about it afterwards. Everybody's got to really want to do it."

Singer Robert Plant, the other surviving member of the original foursome, made no comment to the magazine.

He has hinted in other interviews that he has other projects on and would not be interested in a full-on reunion.

Page dismissed suggestions of tension between the former wildmen.

"People always go on about the bad blood between us, but we wouldn't be in the room together if there was that much bad blood," he said.

Now is the right time for the reunion, he said. "It's better for us to do it now than to wait for another 10 years when we really would need Zimmer frames to get onstage," he said.

More than one million people applied for the 20,000 tickets for the reunion gig by the hard-rocking band, which split in 1980 following the death of drummer John Bonham.

Plant, Page and Jones will be joined by Bonham's son Jason for next week's gig, which is a tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, the late founder of the Atlantic Records label, who signed the group in 1968.

The band has sold more than 300 million albums worldwide and the group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995.

Link

• 4 years later...

Cough...Do-dah-de-dah-Do.