THE HEART THREAD!

I like Heart. Good band. Ann Wilson is great singer. My favorite song is "Barracuda". One of the heaviest songs from that time.

How's it going "Black_Dog?" I'm glad that you enjoy listening to HEART'S music! HEART will always be considered as one of the all-time greatest bands containing two of the greatest frontwomen in all of Rock n' Roll! ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

How's it going "Black_Dog?" I'm glad that you enjoy listening to HEART'S music! HEART will always be considered as one of the all-time greatest bands containing two of the greatest frontwomen in all of Rock n' Roll! ROCK ON!

Hey ZeppFanForever. I agree about Heart. The band is awesome. :D

I saw Heart in the late 70s with Louisisana`s LeRoux.

I will never forget this show because I found a wad of cash on the floor under a seat.

When I got outside it was over $50 and paid for my trip and tickets.

I saw Heart in the late 70s with Louisisana`s LeRoux.

I will never forget this show because I found a wad of cash on the floor under a seat.

When I got outside it was over $50 and paid for my trip and tickets.

How's it going "L 7?" WOW, it looks like you had one hell of a night didn't you? Ha Ha! ROCK ON!

• 2 months later...

Attended the Heart concert last night. I am not one to attend concerts at the State Fair but did for this one. It was great. Bangles was the opening act and they were ok. I am not a big fan of them but they did sound pretty much like they did on their hits they sung.

Ann Wilson's voice is better than ever! I saw Heart back in the 80's and I think they were better last night in 2009 than in the 80's. They sang a couple Led Zep songs and Who song. The whole crowd was really rocking with them. It was great and I really enjoyed it and my Mom did too! She wanted to go so I bought her ticket and took her for her 75th birthday!

Here is a review from the local paper:

http://www.sj-r.com/...-as-it-ever-was

I kicked myself for not bringing my camera as I had great seats. Oh well. The seats in the grandstand were actually vibrating the whole time Heart played! It was loud and it rocked!

Here are a couple links from Youtube some people posted that also attended:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4hjvNYbDJoQ

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qtC-SMqzgBk

Attended the Heart concert last night. I am not one to attend concerts at the State Fair but did for this one. It was great. Bangles was the opening act and they were ok. I am not a big fan of them but they did sound pretty much like they did on their hits they sung.

Ann Wilson's voice is better than ever! I saw Heart back in the 80's and I think they were better last night in 2009 than in the 80's. They sang a couple Led Zep songs and Who song. The whole crowd was really rocking with them. It was great and I really enjoyed it and my Mom did too! She wanted to go so I bought her ticket and took her for her 75th birthday!

Here is a review from the local paper:

http://www.sj-r.com/...-as-it-ever-was

I kicked myself for not bringing my camera as I had great seats. Oh well. The seats in the grandstand were actually vibrating the whole time Heart played! It was loud and it rocked!

Here are a couple links from Youtube some people posted that also attended:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4hjvNYbDJoQ

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qtC-SMqzgBk

How's it going "Led Zep Gurl?" I hope all is well with you. I am so glad that you enjoyed the HEART concert, Ann Wilson will always rank as one of the all-time greatest Queen's of Rock n' Roll ever. A TRUE FEMALE ICON INDEED! Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

• 1 month later...

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope that the week is treating all of you well. I haven't written a thread in a while and I figured that since I am on vacation for two weeks, now is the best time to do some writing. Whats even better is that my mandatory overtime is officially over, THANK GOD! I would really like to officially make this month 1970's month here on the Forum! Why, because I feel that it is my responsibility as an older fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic, to bring the 1970's to all of the young men and women here on the forum that were either not born yet or were too young to remember. I would also hope that the other older ZEPPELIN fanatics here on the Forum would feel the same way as I do. I really think that it is great that there are so many young people here on the Forum that love ZEPPELIN and yet, were not even around during their incredible reign.

There have been many great Female Icons that have graced us and have passed through Popular Music's most glorious history. I am talking about Female Icons such as Billie Holliday, Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, Janis Joplin, Grace Slick, Stevie Nicks, Karen Carpenter, Pat Benatar, Diana Ross, Carole King and Carly Simon to name a few. But there is one woman that truly deserves to be listed along side all of these elite women. Her accomplishments and achievements in the Rock n' Roll world has earned her the right in being called one of the Top 5 QUEEN'S OF ROCK N' ROLL along side JANIS JOPLIN, GRACE SLICK, STEVIE NICKS and PAT BENATAR.

Which now brings me to the band that I am about to write about. My next choice out of many bands to write a thread about is a band that needs no introduction the world over. If there are other threads on this band written here on the Forum, this thread will be an attachment and addition to them. This is the story of two sisters: the Lead Singer in this band is hailed as one of the all-time greatest female icons ever while the other is hailed as one of the all-time greatest bad ass female Rhythm Guitarists ever. The name of the band is HEART, and the two sisters that I am referring to is none other than Ann Wilson and her sister, Nancy Wilson. So without further delay, AND AWAY WE GO!

Sister's Ann and Nancy Wilson were originally born and raised in Canada but would soon move to America by way of Seattle. Both Ann and Nancy had the Rock n' Roll bug at a very early age. While they idolized their band, thats right you guessed it, the mighty LED ZEPPELIN, Ann and Nancy had a dream of their own. The two sister's had a dream and goal in taking Rock n' Roll to another level and dimension. Their music had a great Hard Rock sound to it and had great rhythm. But what no one expected was for Ann Wilson's blistering angelic high vocal ranges to take you on a Rock n' Roll journey up to the heavens and break down the barriers by kicking the heavenly doors wide open and daring to ROCK HEAVEN DOWN! And Ann did just that! Ann sang her songs with such grace, beauty and conviction, that she dared to get every guy off in the audience. In my opinion, besides JANIS JOPLIN, STEVIE NICKS and KAREN CARPENTER, Ann Wilson is an angel sent from heaven. Ann has a voice of an angel. Just when you think that Ann has hit the peak with her high vocal ranges, she dares to push her limits even further into unknown territory.

All of HEART'S albums are a true testiment to the brilliance and sheer creativity of two sister's that have captured and touched everyone throughout the whole world. HEART has left left their mark in Rock history by giving us a resume of many great studio albums such as: DREAMBOAT ANNIE (1976), LITTLE QUEEN (1977), DOG & BUTTERFLY (1978), MAGAZINE (1978), BEBE LE STRANGE (1980), PRIVATE AUDITION (1982), PASSIONWORKS (1983), HEART (1985), BAD ANIMALS (1987), BRIGADE (1990), DESIRE WALKS IN (1993), JUPITERS DARLING (2004) and ANN WILSON'S solo album HOPE & GLORY (2007). Ann and Nancy also formed a band called THE LOVEMONGERS and recorded an album called WHIRLYGIG in 1998. All of these albums redefined female Rockers and took Rock n' Roll to another level unimagined.

HEART'S songs are also precious treasures that are timeless because they gave Rock n' Roll a huge boost and a new breath of fresh air. The list is long but I'll name a few and are as follows: "Magic Man," "Crazy On You," "Barracuda," "Love Alive," "Kick It out," "Little Queen," "Cook With Fire," "Straight on," "Dog & Butterfly," "Mistral Wind," "Heartless," "Magazine," "Bebe Le Strange," "Rockin' Heaven Down," "Even It Up," "City's Burning," "Perfect Stranger," "Private Audition," "Fast Times," "How Can I Refuse," "If Looks Could Kill," "What About Love," "Never," "These Dreams," "Who Will You Run To," "Alone," "Bad Animals," "Wild Child," "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You," "Secret," "Call Of The Wild," "Desire" and "Desire Walks In." Are these great songs are what?

If you haven't bought their live CD's and DVD's yet, I would strongly like to encourage you to buy them.

With all of these great encyclopedia of albums filled with great songs under their belts, I guess that it is safe to say that HEART is here to stay and are not going anywhere anytime soon. Keep a good lookout for them, they should be coming to a city near you soon. And as the saying goes, AND THE REST IS ROCK N' ROLL HISTORY! Live life to the fullest and ROCK ON!

What's happening all? I JUST LOVE ANN & NANCY WILSON!! Have a great day and ROCK ON fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

Hey ZFF, How's it going? Heart is a great band. Saw Heart at the CAL JAM II in 1978. Too bad I can't remember them or any of the great bands that played that day. I found photos of me and my friends and connected to the event and realized after all these years I was there.Not sure where along my lifeline I would have lost that memory. When it happen I must have been really excited. And no it wasn't the drugs. Not using at the time. Just a mental block for some reason. I watched the CJII videos on UTube to try and spark some memories but they just aren't there. Its so frustrating. Maybe someday those memories will move out of the deep recesses of my gray matter .

Edited by ledzepfvr

Hey ZFF, How's it going? Heart is a great band. Saw Heart at the CAL JAM II in 1978. Too bad I can't remember them or any of the great bands that played that day. I found photos of me and my friends and connected to the event and realized after all these years I was there.Not sure where along my lifeline I would have lost that memory. When it happen I must have been really excited. And no it wasn't the drugs. Not using at the time. Just a mental block for some reason. I watched the CJII videos on UTube to try and spark some memories but they just aren't there. Its so frustrating. Maybe someday those memories will move out of the deep recesses of my gray matter .

Hi "ledzepfvr!" How's it going? I hope all is well with you. How's it going in Southern California? I'm in Northern California at the moment, Sacramento, California to be exact. I saw that concert at the CAL JAM II in 1978. However, I can barely remember any of it since I was totally wasted that day. I do get flashbacks from time to time as years move on but I don't remember all of the full concert. I feel confident that you will remember when the time is right, just don't try so hard or come down on yourself with frustration because it only makes it worse for you to remember. You'll probably remember when you're not trying to remember at all. Its always been that way for me. You'll do fine, I promise you. In the mean time, thank you so much for your comment, take care of yourself and ROCK ON my friend!

• 2 years later...

"Heart is also prepping a rarities-packed box set — including tracks that didn’t appear on the band’s major label rleeases — as well as a new biography, and a new string of live dates".

http://somethingelse...-concert-dates/

They appeared on the show the Talk a few months ago. Played a few songs. I always liked them.

• 3 months later...

Heart has always been one of my fav bands and they are like a Led Zep jr. very influnced by Led Zeppelin. I have some great bootlegs of them playing The Rover and Rock and Roll etc. The new box set came out today and it has a 5 track bonus cd if you bought it at amazon.com of them doing Zep tracks.

Bonus disc 4 1. Going to California 2. Battle Of Evermore 3. What Is And What Should Never Be 4. Immigrant Song 5. Misty Mountain Hop

Just look at their great album Little Queen-

Barrucuda is very much influenced by Achilles Last Stand

Sylvan/ Dream of the Archer- very much like The Battle of Evermore

Kick it out- has elements of rock and roll

and then on the expanded version of this cd you have a live version of them doing Stairway to Heaven.

They also played The Battle of Evermore several times with their side group The Lovemongers.

It is kinda wild that one of the journalist and then film director- (Cameron Crowe)- who Led Zeppelin let into their inner sanctum and fly on the Starship in 1975-married Nancy Wilson- (the female Jimmy Page) haha but I heard they are going thru a divorce- which is sad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Cool to see Alejandro Escovedo opening some dates for them on this tour. If anyone's more deserving of being exposed to a larger audience, it's Alejandro. Some of you may be familiar with him from his work with the Nuns, Rank n' File, the True Believers or his band Buick MacKane. Others may know him as the brother of Pete Escovedo of Santana. Others may be familiar with him because of his niece, Sheila E. Back in 1998 he was named Artist of the Decade by No Depression magazine. Unfortunately, he still remains largely unknown by the masses despite being championed by the likes of Bruce Springsteen. If you're not familiar with Alejandro, I strongly suggest checking out his song "Castanets", probably his best known tune to date:

• 2 weeks later...