Robert Plant spotted at Joe Bonhamassa RAH show

A friend of mine went to the Joe Bonhamassa concert the other night at the Royal Albert Hall and spotted Robert there.

She said that the concert was excellent and was really impressed.

He had a very special guest for one song....(see below):

Dejango

Ballad of John Henry

So It's Like That

Last Kiss

So Many Roads

Stop!

Further on up the Road with ERIC CLAPTON!!!

Woke Up Dreaming

High Water Everywhere with drum solos/duet with Anton Fig and Bogie Bowles

Slo Gin

Lonesome Road Blues

Happier Times

Your Funeral My Trial with Paul Jones on the harmonica

Blues Deluxe (Bad Kitty & Lil' Eddie's favorite!!!)

Story of a Quarryman

Great Flood

Just Go Paid

Two Encores:

Mountain Time

"He's an excellent performer...good singer, plays several styles, even a little spanish style acoustic, good rocker...but the thing he is best at is slow blues. He really excels at that. ...he has a very good stage presence and looks really cool doing his thing. "

The RAH was almost full and it holds 4,000 people; only a few empty seats...he said that he played to 50 or 60 people the first time he played in London (at a small club). One thing that amazed her was the general age of the audience! She expected to be one of the oldest people there, but she was right in the average age group! He's only 32 (in a few days), but he appeals to a much older crowd. She just kept thinking about how proud his parents must have been the other night.

R B)

I was at the show and it was brilliant. Joe is an amazing guitarist. He plays homage to Jimmy with the use of the Theramin and also plays a section from Dazed and Confused, which got a load cheer from the crowd. kevin Shirley is also his producer and a DVD is expected from this show.

If you haven't heard him check him out. I recommend "Live from Nowhere in Particular"

Fantastic talent!

Didn't see Robert there though.

Here's the recent entry in Wikipedia article on Joe I just found:

In November 2008 Bonamassa announced he would be playing at the Royal Albert Hall in London on May 4, 2009. Tickets for the concert sold out in less than a week. Bonamassa described the event to Express and Star as "the complete culmination of 20 years of work for me."

At the Royal Albert Hall gig 4th May 2009, Joe Bonamassa stated that the first song that he learned to play was "Further on up the Road" and he then introduced Eric Clapton and together they played "Further on up the Road," which Joe had been featuring on his current tour. Clapton played a Daphne blue Stratocaster through a Fender Tweed combo, thus proving that you don't need piles of amps and cabs to play large venues. Later in the gig, Joe paid tribute to the 'Paul Jones Radio Hour' on BBC Radio for playing his material on the air, then introduced Paul Jones (ex Manfred Mann & Blues Band) who played blues harp/harmonica on a song also. Joe thanked the audience for "being a part of the best day of his life." A good time was had by one and all.

Really sounds like a great show and Joe's background is so impressive at his... 31? Thanks for the fun news, Reids! :thumbsup:

But those guys were my guys – Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page.
That certainly sounds like our guy! ^_^

Surprisingly Interesting Wiki Info on Joe :-)

Found this comment:

Quite a night for Joe Bonamassa. Playing to a sold-out Royal Albert Hall in London and sharing the stage with his childhood idol. Joe also performed his Just Got Paid/Dazed and Confused medley with Robert Plant in the audience. Reports are that Robert Plant rose to his feet applauding the performance and waved in acknowledgement to Joe on the stage.

here

http://esarsea.wordpress.com/2009/05/05/fu...on-up-the-road/

Here's the recent entry in Wikipedia article on Joe I just found:

Really sounds like a great show and Joe's background is so impressive at his... 31? Thanks for the fun news, Reids! :thumbsup:

That certainly sounds like our guy! ^_^

Surprisingly Interesting Wiki Info on Joe :-)

You're welcome, Vega. :)

Thanks for the update, blanchedb.

R B)

Archived