Nostalgia

redrum

Jimmie ray we played a version of "asses up" at our school too- nobody had to actually drop their pants, but kids would throw the ball as hard as they could at the butt of the unlucky person.

Must have been a Long Island thing. I don't remember any girls participating - but up to a certain age, dropping your pants was required. I don't even recall girls wearing pants much, back then?

I was tired when i posted that and i thought pukey seemed odd, but that was the first image i saw and so i used it.... thanks for the laugh, too. I was in tears over it!

a correction:

2291345261_6694573db7.jpg

The original Rock-em Sock-em Robots set was much bigger, and there was a distinct "ggggrrrrwweeeerrrrrrr" noise when the head popped up. We bought that newer version for a kids party - the blue robot always loses, without the cool noise...

The original Rock-em Sock-em Robots set was much bigger, and there was a distinct "ggggrrrrwweeeerrrrrrr" noise when the head popped up. We bought that newer version for a kids party - the blue robot always loses, without the cool noise...

They just don't make toys like they used to.

All the Sid and Marty Krofft shows: H.R. Pufnstuf, Lidsville, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Land of the Lost. I loved all these shows as a kid.

The brothers say they weren't stoned when they developed these shows, but looking back, they sure seemed like acid trips.

I saw the preview for Land of the Lost the other night during the coming attractions prior to Star Trek. Yet another Will Ferrell vehicle but it actually had a few good laughs. Maybe better it's getting the comic treatment than the producers going the serious sci-fi route. Then again, the show was also prime for parody. Speaking of which, here's the trailer.

All the Sid and Marty Krofft shows: H.R. Pufnstuf, Lidsville, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Land of the Lost. I loved all these shows as a kid.

The brothers say they weren't stoned when they developed these shows, but looking back, they sure seemed like acid trips.

Did they also produce the Banana Splits? I vaguely remember that show on though I think that might have been Hanna Barbara.

And now that theme song is in my head :slapface:

Oh, those were awesome! :D I have a Land of the Lost video and I think I have a Pufnstuf one too :)

Yesterday after school, my son went swimming in the river with his friends :) That seemed like such an old fashioned thing to do!

I remember watching Saturday morning cartoons and after-school: The Smurfs, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny. I also liked watching, the Three Stooges, The Brady Bunch, Happy Days, etc. and the Schoolhouse Rock commercials, LOL. I played with these toys and games alot as a child: Slinky, Jump Rope, Hopscotch, Uno, Monopoly, Barbie Dolls, Easy Bake Oven, Hula Hoop, Life, Scrabble, Checkers, Connect Four, Sit and Spin, Simon, Candy Land, Sorry!..... During the summer growing up, we would go to a day camp and play games and listen to music and some of us would play down by the creek that was near my grandma's house. Ah, what fun memories! :D

I remember watching Saturday morning cartoons and after-school: The Smurfs, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny. I also liked watching, the Three Stooges, The Brady Bunch, Happy Days, etc. and the Schoolhouse Rock commercials, LOL. I played with these toys and games alot as a child: Slinky, Jump Rope, Hopscotch, Uno, Monopoly, Barbie Dolls, Easy Bake Oven, Hula Hoop, Life, Scrabble, Checkers, Connect Four, Sit and Spin, Simon, Candy Land, Sorry!..... During the summer growing up, we would go to a day camp and play games and listen to music and some of us would play down by the creek that was near my grandma's house. Ah, what fun memories! :D

Aggravation & Jacks!

I love Scrabble.

:D

Did they also produce the Banana Splits? I vaguely remember that show on though I think that might have been Hanna Barbara.

And now that theme song is in my head :slapface:

According to Wiki they did the costumes but did not produce the show. I loved that show too. Like the Monkees in costume. :D

Records off cereal boxes? I don't remember that.

I don't know that I had any but I definitely remember 'em:

cbB.jpg

More here. Cool station they link off of too (WFMU).

I do have a couple of flexi-discs, Gall In the Family Fare, a parody of All In the Family that came with an issue of Mad magazine. If you so desire you can hear it (and read the accompanying feature) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhIpR1x1-fI.

I also have a copy of R.E.M.'s cover of Syd Barrett's Dark Globe that came with an issue of Sassy magazine. My Dad had the unenviable task of picking up a couple of copies of that for me.

657400.jpg

The REM 45 is a great find!

I thought so too, that's why I requested two copies. Of course they included that same recording as the b-side to one of their singles years later but I had no way of knowing that at the time. I'd love to post a link to the YouTube clip of it but the sound has been disabled for that particular track.

Archived