Nostalgia

redrum

I had a Bobby Sherman record from a ceral box in the early 70s (Raisin Bran, maybe?) Not sure which song it was though.

It doesn't solve the song or cereal mystery but there's photos of a couple of Bobby Sherman records from cereal boxes at this link.

These days listening to Led Zeppelin from seven to eleven every night --- thinking about my friends back then in that certain age --- sitting around a fireplace under a deformed, rainbow-coloured-sky, whilest talking to Hoffmans spiders ;)

(omg i never saw us so clearly being flowerchilds like I do NOW -- but we was 20 years late :rolleyes:

A.C.A.B.

I do have a couple of flexi-discs, Gall In the Family Fare, a parody of All In the Family that came with an issue of Mad magazine.

I had that, too! Archie spouted off every ethnic slur used back then, and his friend turned out to be Adolf Hitler.

I started collecting these around 1960 or so. The damned school principal took my collection from me.

B-Otch!! :angry: I'm sure the originals would be worth something today.

mars36.gif

I remember the cereal box records. they were square, very thin and like red or blue. forget what they were.

i miss buying records and taping them on maxell cr02 tapes...and treating the records like gold. the good old days.

I started collecting these around 1960 or so. The damned school principal took my collection from me.

B-Otch!! :angry: I'm sure the originals would be worth something today.

mars36.gif

I have some of those cards, respect!

Dynamite J.J., from Good Times - I miss the entire family/cast........

51Alvr9liML._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Yes, "Good Times" indeed!! I am glad some of these classic shows still air on TV Land. Brings back alot of memories. :D I also remember Rubix Cubes and could never get all of the colors to match!! Lite Bright was fun too.

Yes, "Good Times" indeed!! I am glad some of these classic shows still air on TV Land. Brings back alot of memories. :D I also remember Rubix Cubes and could never get all of the colors to match!! Lite Bright was fun too.

My little brother used to have a JJ doll; you pulled a string and he said Dy-No-Mite! :D

"You sure that was a string?"-Jahfin

:o

heh heh. I loved the cast of Good Times! Especially John Amos (the dad). Hey, remember him as the visiting king in the movie Coming To America with Eddie Murphy? That movie was a real riot! :D

Ha Lite Brite! That was fun. Rubix Cubes - madness trying to get it solved, which I never could either :lol:

....tks for the TV Land channel information, I am sure I can find this on satellite in Canada, as for the Cube......came very, very close...but close that's all..... :D :D

I loved the whole family....there were happy in their own little world....

Ha Lite Brite! That was fun. Rubix Cubes - madness trying to get it solved, which I never could either :lol:

my little brother could look at a rubix cube, put it behind his back and solve it in under 60 seconds...freak!

remember these?

stretcha1.jpg

My little brother used to have a JJ doll; you pulled a string and he said Dy-No-Mite! :D

LOL, I forgot about the doll!!

You sure that was a string?

LOL again!!

....tks for the TV Land channel information, I am sure I can find this on satellite in Canada

No problem. :D

I recently watched a few old video tapes I've had lying around in my closet for YEARS. Music videos / band interviews I had taped EONS ago. That was nostalgic for me.

I miss my childhood.

-I miss Public school.

-I miss going swimming at the local outdoor pool.

-I miss riding bikes with my friends all day.

-I miss those triangle freezie type things called "Lolas". I always had the grape ones.

-I miss those freezie type fruit things that came with a straw.

-I miss that candy that came in a packet. It came with a candy stick and you licked in and stuck it in some powder and then sucked on the stick. Not good for your teeth but i loved it.

- I miss Jawbreakers

- those stick on tattoos with monsters faces. You would put it on your arm, pour water on it and you would ahave a tatto on your arm that would last a few days.

- I miss playing soccer with friends for hours.

- I miss playing road hockey all day long with friends. Morning until night until you were all bruised and fatigued. We did that for quite a few years until some of the guys got girlfriends and that took up all their time and ruined the street hockey fun.

I miss my childhood.

-I miss Public school.

-I miss going swimming at the local outdoor pool.

-I miss riding bikes with my friends all day.

-I miss those triangle freezie type things called "Lolas". I always had the grape ones.

-I miss those freezie type fruit things that came with a straw.

-I miss that candy that came in a packet. It came with a candy stick and you licked in and stuck it in some powder and then sucked on the stick. Not good for your teeth but i loved it.

- I miss Jawbreakers

- those stick on tattoos with monsters faces. You would put it on your arm, pour water on it and you would ahave a tatto on your arm that would last a few days.

- I miss playing soccer with friends for hours.

- I miss playing road hockey all day long with friends. Morning until night until you were all bruised and fatigued. We did that for quite a few years until some of the guys got girlfriends and that took up all their time and ruined the street hockey fun.

I don't see why some of those things you can't still enjoy.

Archived