Nostalgia

redrum

You know things can always be a lot worse :rolleyes:

Everything you wrote was full of negative thoughts-"does not", "too old", "don't think"

We should start a poll and vote for spats' new avatar.

#1 charliebrown.jpg

#2 eeyore.gif

#3 adebbie.jpg

You are very right - things could be a lot worse :yesnod:

I vote for #3 :D:lol:

I miss these shows: Soul Train, American Bandstand, Solid Gold, Dance Fever and Star Search. They were so much fun to watch!! :D

I can't say I really miss most of those, especially the ones where the musical guests all lip synched. That said, there was nothing like tuning into Sooooooooul Train just to see the dancing.

I can't say I really miss most of those, especially the ones where the musical guests all lip synched. That said, there was nothing like tuning into Sooooooooul Train just to see the dancing.

The Soul Train Line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti_Xq5lK8I4

Awesome stuff!! (Sorry the video isn't super clear, but it still brings back great memories.) :D

...what was that guys name??? danny terrio?

It was Denny Terrio and he was a cutie pie!! :D

I miss these shows: Soul Train, American Bandstand, Solid Gold, Dance Fever and Star Search. They were so much fun to watch!! :D

Oh yeah! :)

How about Sha Na Na too (and to a lesser extent, Hee Haw!)

Yes, Hee Haw and The Lawrence Welk Show made up a great Saturday night for me and my family in the 70's

haha. I also loved Hee Haw and The Lawrence Welk Show. BTW, on Saturdays, I'd also watch The Carol Burnett Show and The Mary Tyler Moore Show. These were always good for a laugh. :lol: Hey, remember Gunsmoke? and the character, Kitty? :rolleyes:

Yes, Hee Haw and The Lawrence Welk Show made up a great Saturday night for me and my family in the 70's

I also remember watching Lawrence Welk and Hee Haw on Saturday Night's as well. I also remember watching Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell sisters.

I also remember watching Lawrence Welk and Hee Haw on Saturday Night's as well. I also remember watching Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell sisters.

Lawrence Welk :) We used to visit my grandparents on Sundays, and would have to watch Golf and Lawrence Welk; then they'd let us watch Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and The Wonderful World of Disney. I think they were all on Sundays (?)

Lawrence Welk :) We used to visit my grandparents on Sundays, and would have to watch Golf and Lawrence Welk; then they'd let us watch Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and The Wonderful World of Disney. I think they were all on Sundays (?)

Yes, I think it was on Sunday, I used to watch that too! I also remember watching the "Afterschool Special" on ABC.

Funny how on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom it was usually host Marlin Perkins that was back in the safety of the studio while Jim Fowler was the one actually out in the wild cavorting with the animals.

On the subject of The Lawrence Welk Show, it's a wonder Brewer and Shipley's One Toke Over the Line even made it onto the airwaves and was introduced as a "spiritual" no less. Most have been that "sweet Jesus" line that did it:

That said, there was nothing like tuning into Sooooooooul Train just to see the dancing.

I remember some comedy show that did a skit called the 'Soul Truck' where they were all dancing on a flatbed.

The Sooooooooooooooul Truck!

:lol:

Hey, hi everyone! Wow did I ever love getting on board the Sooulllllll Train!

And, to Melanie 72 who posted the link of 'Best of Soul Train dancing'----thanks, really enjoyed "strolling on' " down memory lane!

Always wished I could dance like that! Always wanted to strut down the "tracks" of fellow dancers saying "Go [insert name]!!" over and over. :thumbsup:

Hey, hi everyone! Wow did I ever love getting on board the Sooulllllll Train!

And, to Melanie 72 who posted the link of 'Best of Soul Train dancing'----thanks, really enjoyed "strolling on' " down memory lane!

Always wished I could dance like that! Always wanted to strut down the "tracks" of fellow dancers saying "Go [insert name]!!" over and over. :thumbsup:

Hey there, glad you enjoyed it! I love that Soul Train line, makes me wanna get up and start dancing, LOL. :D

Hey there, glad you enjoyed it! I love that Soul Train line, makes me wanna get up and start dancing, LOL. :D

Hi, Melanie 72! lol! I should play it at work just to ease the tension sometime! ;)

I'm remembering a neighbor of mine who has just past. A true character and somebody you had to appreciate, yet pissed alot of people off for various reasons. He had a train cabose in his driveway, a windmill in the front yard, lamposts and alot of stuff. He was an antique appreciator and had these big timbers, with shiplink chain linked between them around the front yard. only thing is, he had a ton of these timbers dumped there at one time, some kind of dense oak, like pure rock, like the cabose, it was a huge ordeal.

He also had an old knarled up rotted tree casing, tranpsorted to his house and a crane put it though a section of the house, so its in the inside of the house.

He used to have halloween parties every so often, for christmas had a hay wagon and would rent a horse and it would go around the town, with old fashioned bells and feeling.

I drove up to his house the other day and there was a big christmas wreath on the house and it was all dried up, yet it was a sunny day and the pine trees were dropping pine needles in the sunlight. a sad scene, yet it was good to see his house again, he had put up old green siding on the second story and had a statue of a white horse added to all the other stuff.

Wow, all the shows mentioned in the last few posts were "Family Viewing Night" in my household as well back then. Melanie - I completely forgot about that show! I used to watch that with my family all time when I was a kid.

I'm remembering a neighbor of mine who has just past. A true character and somebody you had to appreciate, yet pissed alot of people off for various reasons. He had a train cabose in his driveway, a windmill in the front yard, lamposts and alot of stuff. He was an antique appreciator and had these big timbers, with shiplink chain linked between them around the front yard. only thing is, he had a ton of these timbers dumped there at one time, some kind of dense oak, like pure rock, like the cabose, it was a huge ordeal.

He also had an old knarled up rotted tree casing, tranpsorted to his house and a crane put it though a section of the house, so its in the inside of the house.

He used to have halloween parties every so often, for christmas had a hay wagon and would rent a horse and it would go around the town, with old fashioned bells and feeling.

I drove up to his house the other day and there was a big christmas wreath on the house and it was all dried up, yet it was a sunny day and the pine trees were dropping pine needles in the sunlight. a sad scene, yet it was good to see his house again, he had put up old green siding on the second story and had a statue of a white horse added to all the other stuff.

Sounds like a cool guy and a cool place. Better than seeing all these lookalike, crackerbox, ugly houses they build nowadays. <_<

Archived