Ean Evans died !

Xtazy

In late 2008 Evans was diagnosed with cancer,of which he died on May 6, 2009 at his home in Columbus, Mississippi. He is survived by his wife Eva and their two daughters, Sydney and Andrea.

Lynyrd Skynyrd is continuing their 2009 tour with a replacement; Johnny Van Zant asked audiences to pray for Evans.

Source: Wiki

Rock N' Rollin' Man posted this news yesterday in the Southern/Lynyrd Skynyrd thread. Even though I've never been a big fan of the post-crash Lynyrd Skynyrd it's always very sad when someone passes. I don't think I can think of another band that's seen more tragedy than Lynyrd Skynyrd yet they continue on.

As posted in the other thread, the current version of Skynyrd had already brought in Robert Kearns (Sidewinder, Cry of Love, the Bottle Rockets) to fill in for Ean.

Leon Wilkeson actually died back in July of 2001.

Don't mistake the Dead for the Grateful Dead, but it's no mistake to realize Lynyrd Skynyrd are the true Dead.

It must've been their emblem of choice, the Confederate Flag.

That doomed them from the get-go.

Not sure why the Confederate Flag doomed them :huh:

I agree that the Skynyrd I know and love, as well as their true spirit of them ceased to exist as of the plane crash in '77 but since I'd never seen them live, that didn't stop me from attending the Tribute tour in '87. Thing is, it probably should have stopped there. Now, they're down to just Rossington and he's said the band will continue on even after he's gone.

Archived