Jimmy's ORANGE metamp

Medhb

OMG! I'm freaking out. My husband just came home for lunch and he said he was uptown and saw this

or1.jpg

in the store window. He thought "Wow! Great timing, I'd get that for 'Medhb' for mothers day for a few hundred bucks" When he told me that I started laughing. He said guess what the opening bid is, I guessed 40k. Well, it's opening at 30k. What the HELL is this doing in my little music store and how did it get there?! I NEED THIS ITEM! Ahahhahahah!!!

Jimmy's Gear

Jimmy's Metamp Lead 200

I'm thinking burglery is not a 'deadly' sin :huh:

Does anyone have any background about how this might have shown up here in lil ole NJ?

What town is this in? I live in NJ and would love to look at it. No way I could it though.

That just gave me a brilliant stupid idea, anyone from NJ that is interested, how fun would it be to all get together and oggle the amp, LOL!!

Wolfman, it is in the music store in Rutherford NJ.

Alright, I'm not trying to bug any one here but, is this true? I've heard stories about thing's like this being scams, I don't know for sure.

I would not do this deal unless there was some real prof in the mix! I mean, I would have to talk with some one in the know that would be trust worthy, if not see (in person) Mr. Page himself giving an endorsement!

We're not just talking about a regular factory fresh piece of equipment.

thats what he used for his Theremin.

Bingo!

The smart money has it that Page never even plugged a guitar into that amp. The Oranges were (a) set up with his theramin rig, or (B) on the other side of the stage as part of JPJ's rig.

There's been a lot of talk about this particular amp on the net recently, and nobody is falling over themselves to buy it, for the reasons stated above...

Bingo!

The smart money has it that Page never even plugged a guitar into that amp. The Oranges were (a) set up with his theramin rig, or (B) on the other side of the stage as part of JPJ's rig.

There's been a lot of talk about this particular amp on the net recently, and nobody is falling over themselves to buy it, for the reasons stated above...

YOU ARE CORRECT AND ANYBODY WITH HALF A BRAIN AINT GONNA PAY 30 GRAND EITHER. I'LL BUY A DECENT CAR WITH THAT OR A GOOD DOWN PAYMENT ON A HOUSE. THE GUY SELLING THIS IS DREAMING.

YOU ARE CORRECT AND ANYBODY WITH HALF A BRAIN AINT GONNA PAY 30 GRAND EITHER. I'LL BUY A DECENT CAR WITH THAT OR A GOOD DOWN PAYMENT ON A HOUSE. THE GUY SELLING THIS IS DREAMING.

Well, a guy with a whole brain and 30k bought it. Just because Jimmy only used if for his theramin doesn't diminish it's value at all to me. Buyers choice.

My music store guy plugged his Les Paul into it and played STH. He said it is LOUD!!! He'd never heard anything so loud.

orangeamp060a-1.jpg

One bid only, it sold for the starting bid of 30k

Oh, I see, I glanced at 40 and then reread the post.

At any rate, he seems to have found the right buyer.

Of course, if the economy were stronger there probably would have been several bids spiraling upward.

Is there no Letter of Provenance with this item? Jimmy used an Orange amp when he toured with the Black Crowes in 2000.

Somebody has been watching too much Antiques Roadshow! :rolleyes:

I've seen them (Orange amps) here in this two-bit no-good town.They're a dime a dozen! Just like good guitarists! ;)

Think about it. :)

I've seen them (Orange amps) here in this two-bit no-good town.They're a dime a dozen!

That's because ya'll don't have much electricity up in those hills! As a by the way, I

always ensure I get a Letter of Provenance to accompany my rarest acquisitions.

That's because ya'll don't have much electricity up in those hills! As a by the way, I

For 1 thing this amp head looks in to good of shape to be from the zep days. I agree with you steve it may be from a later time. Anyway 30 grand is still way to much to pay for it.

We don't have hills at the beach here Stevie,they're called sand dunes. :rolleyes:

With technology being the way it is today,one would need a letter of provenance for the letter of provenance.I wouldn't trust much of what's out there unless it came from the source...I wonder how many of your acquisitions are fake Stevie,you seem like a gullible fellow.

By the way Medhb, that is a very cool pic of you and the gear!!! Sorry to derail your thread a bit. :)

Archived